AIS TV to Drop Many Western Channels Like HBO Channels Effective March 2020

Pib

7 minutes ago, RoiEtDale said:

Even if AIS manages to stay in business True will be the top dog in Thailand again for sure. If we want to keep our service than us AIS customers better speak up now and make sure AIS is well aware of that. 

The only person that has that opinion is yourself I am sure many people will never use True again for various reasons

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoiEtDale said:

AIS customers keep calling AIS keep their phone lines tied up I see we’re doing that now so far. Their phones are busy!! Keep it up thanks. 

Their phone are always busy I don't think your one-person campaign will make any difference I am sure HBO Max will be launched soon different pricing though will be more expensive

15 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Their phone are always busy I don't think your one-person campaign will make any difference I am sure HBO Max will be launched soon different pricing though will be more expensive

Yeah but never for this long and everyone with AIS can read the message in English or Thai it’s more like every single AIS customer not really a “one person” anything ????

17 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Normally after a few hours the AIS recording is not STILL telling you to leave your number and wait 24 hours for THEM to call you back ????. This morning when I called AIS I got through within 20 minutes time. Now impossible ????. Good job AIS customers keep it up! ???? 

2 minutes ago, RoiEtDale said:

Yeah but never for this long and everyone with AIS can read the message in English or Thai it’s more like every single AIS customer not really a “one person” anything ????

Sorry to disappoint you I am a AIS customer mobile phone only and I am not phoning them and I know many other AIS mobile only customers not phoning them

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Sorry to disappoint you I am a AIS customer mobile phone only and I am not phoning them and I know many other AIS mobile only customers not phoning them

Probably for the best right now, you’d be on hold all night quite literally. ???? No one is getting through right now anyway LMAO. 

Edited by RoiEtDale

6 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

And trust me plenty of other AIS customers are ????. It’s impossible to get through now anyway. 

Edited by RoiEtDale

7 hours ago, Thingamabob said:

Tried most of the alternatives but I retain True as the best of a bad lot. True provides good news and sport coverage, less good for movies and infotainment. They also provide an excellent PVR service.

The only reason I signed up to Truevisions was to watch the golf and Super Rugby (southern hemishere). Without any warning they have just dropped the Eurotour in Golf Channel and the Super Rugby in Setanta.

Lucky I have an Android box to watch the sport I need.

My HBO etc were all dropped on Feb 1 without any notice. I had to contact customer support to find out what happened. They said they posted the information on their web site. Absolute <deleted> customer service.

AIS lost its license to broadcast all HBO movie channels , Fox movies, Chanel V and more . They replacing lost channels with few new ones.

losing about 10 movie channels replacing with 2 new movie channels , and monthly price change of 100 baht cheaper .

any others still got license for HBO and Fox? Did not see on true line up.

anyone with ideas ?

18 hours ago, BestB said:

AIS lost its license to broadcast all HBO movie channels , Fox movies, Chanel V and more . They replacing lost channels with few new ones.

losing about 10 movie channels replacing with 2 new movie channels , and monthly price change of 100 baht cheaper .

any others still got license for HBO and Fox? Did not see on true line up.

anyone with ideas ?

I called AIS and True and found out that the contract is in the process of going back to True soon this year! 

Yea...I dropped True about over a decade ago for mobile service (switched to DTAC) and around 5 years ago for internet and TV service (switched to AIS).  Dropped True due to poor customer support and high TV package pricing.

• Like 1

DTAC just has good service and pricing.  I use a post paid plan.   Been a satisfied DTAC customer for a decade now.   My approx one year with True mobile was filled with poor service and billing errors.  

On 2/5/2020 at 4:12 PM, worgeordie said:

Go to 123tvnow.com  or ustvgo.tv  and you can get most of

those channels for free ,and they work very well,for me anyway.

regards worgeordie

Was watching both websites with a "degree" of success without VPN up until today on my AIS 700/50 speed plan.  By "degree" I mean with about 90% success in channels streaming OK.   However, today for the ustvgo.tv website I get below message....Access Denied...Access for Country was Denied...  

But when using a US VPN connection it works....but I've done little testing using a VPN connection to see what degree of success I get now.

image.png.3cd1f72b7b0fa2d5b0d74dc579c7d2b5.png

Edited by Pib

11 hours ago, Pib said:

Was watching both websites with a "degree" of success without VPN up until today on my AIS 700/50 speed plan.  By "degree" I mean with about 90% success in channels streaming OK.   However, today for the ustvgo.tv website I get below message....Access Denied...Access for Country was Denied...  

But when using a US VPN connection it works....but I've done little testing using a VPN connection to see what degree of success I get now.

Never seen that before,and I don't use a VPN,I am with TOT,

just use VPN if that works for you.

regards worgeordie

13 hours ago, Pib said:

Update:  after receiving above geo-block when using my laptop last night, I then tried viewing ustvgo.tv on my Android TV box (a Nivida Shield box running Android TV) and ustvgo.tv could still be viewed without a VPN.  I use the Puffin for Android TV browser on the box.  I even got brave and turned the Shield box Location setting to on in order to see if that would trigger a geo-block.  Restarted the browser and could still view ustvgo.tv....no geo-block.  I then turned the box's location back to off. 

Then I decided to try reaching ustvgo.tv on my AIS Playbox (i.e, the Android box AIS provides for their TV package) using their integrated browser which says "powered by Puffin browser).  Was hoping for a few seconds that maybe the browser used will make a difference...but no, I got above geo-block message again.

This morning I could still view ustvgo.tv using my Shield box and couldn't on my Playbox or laptop...tried both Chrome and Edge on the laptop. 

All my above mentioned devices connect to the same router.   Strange how when using the Puffin browser for Android TV ustvgo.tv is still not being blocked (at least for now), but blocked on other devices unless using a VPN for a US IP connection.  I also tried a VPN connection to Singapore last night....same result--got the geo-block.

Also tried deleting all ustvgo.tv cookies being set in Chrome and even block ustvgo.tv from resetting new cookies....didn't help...still got the geo-block message unless using a VPN US IP connection.

So sad.  I will most likely cancel if HBO is gone.  FOX news they can remove.  I have used many iptv services and lets just say none of the free stuff will be watchable when you really want to watch, and the paid (not legal} stuff will not have the same picture quality as a legitimate service   
true wants an exclusive contract and most networks where moving away from that model so I am surprised to see this issue coming up again.  

I have not had True for years.  I have so many horrible stories from that company all the way back when it was called UBC.  I am happy to say that I have been Trueless for nearly a decade now.  Cable and satellite subscriptions are dropping as more people turn to streaming but if HBO Asia is concerned about piracy then they should stop switching providers or not offer exclusive contacts.   HBO May cave in to True just to get higher subscribers.   It is an unfair business practice and the duty of the NBTC to regulate but let’s not forget that CP owns True and CP has a lot of political power.   I filed a complaint against True Visions and nothing was done, but a few years later I filed a complaint against CTH and action was taken.  I will never never ever use anything True.  

Edited by genobkk

On 2/5/2020 at 5:24 PM, Susco said:

Just tried a bunch of channels on both websites worgeordie suggested and they all worked without vpn.

I only wonder how this can be legal since most of them are pay tv

Perfectly, 100% legal. 

Streaming anything cannot be illegal. If it was, somebody could upload a movie or music performance to youtube, and anyone who watched it could then be fined? No. If you stream it, you're fine. 

• Haha 1

Thought it was too good to last.  Been a good run with AIS and at not a bad price, the intermittent drop outs on their channels has been getting worse though IMO and their box has always been a clunky, typically Android box, experience.  Their programme guide has always been a joke and I did like the ability to use a PVR with True years ago (albeit I'm surprised they still seem to be using the rather archaic option of a plugged in USB external HDD to do the recording rather than an internal SSD, more boxes, more junk.  Still, easier to fix if the HDD fails I suppose).

I'll certainly be looking to revise my fibre contract with AIS as I definitely won't continue to clutter up the condo with the Playbox given the essentially junk channels it will have so will see how they intend to adjust the prices.  Don't really consider removing the channels we mostly watch and replacing them with more filler garbage for a reduced price to be a good deal, so no thanks to the reduced price, just take it out of my billing altogether.  

Might wait a while before I go back to True though (but only for TV), at the moment their Gold package would seem to be what we'd need at around 1,500 pm (it would be a joy to get back to their remote and programme guide though, will pass on the PVR option, though I think you only need a call to enable it).  Only problem will be where and when HBO goes.  Back to True, as it's own (hopefully international) streaming app or what.

Edited by SooKee

No sign as far as I can tell that the HBO channels will go back to True though I'm guessing they will.  Not really much by way of any other contenders.  Question will be how quickly they will start on True, which package they go to (Gold I guess) and whether that ups the package price at True.  Won't be in a rush to go back to True unless I'm certain they're getting HBO though.  AIS have given me a price of 499 per month to continue to 50/20 package so that'll be 600 I can use to offset the added 1,500 cost of True.  Have to take the AIS box back to a local AIS shop too.  For all their faults I will DEFINITELY look forward to getting back to a decent programme guide and a more useful remote with True!

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2020 at 3:14 PM, Bangkok Barry said:
On 2/6/2020 at 2:17 PM, RoiEtDale said:

What’s the name of the service or box you use? If it’s what I think it is I’ll have to get someone to program it because I think I had that before and it didn’t work. If it’s what I think it is. 

The service doesn't have a name. It's provided via an individual who, as I wrote, sets the box up. I had to do nothing except plug it in and turn it on.

Hi Barry, are you sure they have the HBO channels and it is a credible service?

If positive could you please PM me the contact details also?

1 hour ago, Susco said:

Hi Barry, are you sure they have the HBO channels and it is a credible service?

If positive could you please PM me the contact details also?

I'm not sure about HBO and can't check at the moment as I'm not at home in Thailand. But surely all or most movies are available to download for free from a torrent site. So I'm told ????. I'm no longer recommending the service I use to anyone after one person I contacted became abusive to me and the provider after i gave him the contact info. I don't need that, and nor does he. Sorry.