Senate acquits Trump in historic vote as re-election battle looms

webfact

2 minutes ago, rabas said:

You really believe that Trump started that trend? (?) Declining size of the work force the Obama story. Go read. Now there are more vacancies than workers.

He owns it now. More vacancies in part due to more people leaving the workforce. 

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

No the didn't. The Democrats have shown repeatedly they have no respect for the constitution, rule of law and can't abide any other opinion but theirs.

From what I’ve seen and read, the Republicans have shown conclusively and repeatedly that they have no respect for truths, ethics and common decency. They are masters of deflection and bullying though. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Ricohoc said:

And CNBC, no fan of Trump, reports this:

Private Payrolls Soar in January
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/05/adp-moodys-private-payrolls-january-2019.html?__source=twitter|main

That's true, but during the first 35 month he created less jobs (6.7 million) that Obama during his last 35 months (8 million).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, riclag said:

If it was a bi partisan impeachment  you would of been able to frame it and hang it on a wall . It wasn't,  my countries Constitution was attacked and marred but still withstood the partisan assault  and those radical house dem articles go to the waste bin!

4 out of 5, on to November

Yes.

In fact, some Democrats did not vote to impeach.  One left the Democrat party completely.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AussieBob18 said:

The White House has just issued a statement following Donald Trump's acquittal.

Here it is in full:

Today, the sham impeachment attempt concocted by Democrats ended in the full vindication and exoneration of President Donald J. Trump. As we have said all along, he is not guilty. The Senate voted to reject the baseless articles of impeachment, and only the President’s political opponents – all Democrats, and one failed Republican presidential candidate – voted for the manufactured impeachment articles.

In what has now become a consistent tradition for Democrats, this was yet another witch-hunt that deprived the President of his due process rights and was based on a series of lies.

Read more here:  https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/statement-press-secretary-109/

thanks Bazza! If only Hansen could get her act together and emulate Trump!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, ukrules said:

I have a feeling that Trump won't hold back in his second term. Prepare for a storm is coming.

This depends on who controls the House and Senate. I tend to the the US public are not as stupid as they are made out to be....I think they will give control of the Senate and House to the Dems, thereby neutering Trump. His main priority in the second term will be to prepare for a run by Ivanka in 2024. Expect to see much more of her on the campaign trail. To be honest, she is a bit on the dumb side which plays well with voters.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gweiloman said:

From what I’ve seen and read, the Republicans have shown conclusively and repeatedly that they have no respect for truths, ethics and common decency. They are masters of deflection and bullying though. 

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

did you really think the Republicans were going to convict their president based on 

unproven allegations orchestrated by a rival political party that is simply jostling for power? ????

You proved my point exactly. 
The allegations were proven, even beyond reasonable doubt (as admitted by some Republican senators). Even more proof would have been forthcoming if the gutless senators had an ounce of dignity and backbone. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, chokrai said:

Spoken like a true Leftist, wants his political enemies behind bars.

Agree ,this kinda of behavior and Pelosi behind the back rip of the state of the union address will be useful in showing the swing voters why the radical dems  must discontinue this divisiveness and come together and represent Americans needs,surely   on Infrastructure and reducing the cost of meds are a bi partisan endeavor 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

Now that the tables are turned.....ie. hunter becomes hunted.....I predict we

are going to see you and all other trump detractors parroting the same 

weak defence.

Just who and which state agency are investigating Hunter. Pray please tell. The last time I heard was Trump’s personal lawyer (unofficial) went for an extensive trip cum investigation to Ukraine to dig up dirt on the Biden; came back and promised Trump that he “had more than expected”. Then nothing but silence. If you know something, please spare us the agony and tell us. Or maybe you have nothing but imagination like the imaginary coup.