Reliable Lawyer in Buriram Area

khaepmu

Could anyone recommend a reliable lawyer in Buriram, or somewhere nearby, to write up a simple will. My Thai wife and I only have a few bank accounts, a house, and a Thai equity fund. It shouldn't  take more than 20 minutes to write one up. The local Amphur is unwilling to do it. Some of the lawyers we approached wanted up to 6,000-8000 Baht which I thought was ridiculous. I know there are law firms in Pattaya and Bangkok that do wills for about 1,500 Baht but we would like someone local. 

Isaan lawyers are in Korat but worth the trip.  Multi lingual, professional and reasonable price.  All documents explained in English and Thai by native speakers.  Have had lots of help from them.  Ask about a USUFRUCT contract and get one.  Use your GPS to find their office.  Easy to find once you know the way but first time can be tricky.  They are in a recessed area off the main road and the archway with the name is up high and hard to see.   You will see what I mean when you go.

"As far as I know"?

QED - never treat something as important as a will to chance. Several thousand baht spent on professional advice is money well spent IMO. Just an opinion, everyone's entitled to theirs.

On 2/18/2020 at 12:49 AM, SantiSuk said:

"As far as I know"?

QED - never treat something as important as a will to chance. Several thousand baht spent on professional advice is money well spent IMO. Just an opinion, everyone's entitled to theirs.

100% no need for a lawyer when writing a will.

Mr. Jeab is a lawyer with a modest office in Buriram near the 7-11 that is between Paddy's and the Tesco Express. His office is parallel to the railroad tracks, about four store fronts down from the 7-11. 

Consider to have your wife phone him and she can give him your location via line.  He does wills, pre nuptial agreements, land easements, debt collection letters. He is not bi lingual. He has successfully defended expats in legal proceedings brought by crooked home builders. He will travel in and near Buriram City to meet with clients. 
<contact by PM for phone number>
Edited by ubonjoe
removed phone number (forum rule)