Breaking with Republicans, Romney votes 'guilty' in Trump impeachment trial

webfact

46 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

Poor Mitt... I sense some crazy jealousy going on here. But really, who cares? He didn't change anything. The justice system has spoken.

The bar for impeachment and removal is intentionally high. The partisan impeachment simply didn't meet the height required.

Life is good.

Repeat the most critical and most undemocratic word in your post;  'partisan'. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TooBigToFit said:

So many in Washington cower in fear of losing financial support for one reason or another.

Last week I was reading something about how Mitch had control of a big pile of $$$ provided to the GOP by donors.  Fall out of favor with him and you're no longer a recipient.

8 minutes ago, Farangwithaplan said:

Trump's Jr's comments give insight that Trump has autocratic ambitions. Stop free thinkers however he can. In most democracies, people are not vilified for having independent thought. In Trump's world you are.

Don Jr 2024?

Edited by bendejo
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

*yawn*

Anyone surprised or patting Mitt on the back for his vote hasn't been paying attention.  All predictable.  I've come to call him McRomney -- after the maverick Dem hero McCain.  Romney is continuing the backstabbing tradition of GOPe Mush, and it was no surprise to me.  Almost all of the GOP establishment mush is being flushed out of the party.

And even before his vote, Romney faces state legislation in Utah that is calling for a voter referendum that will allow for the recall of US Senators.  Only a few states have such an instrument for removal.  That could finally be the political legacy that he earns, but not the one for which he aspired.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AussieBob18 said:

Chomper you are making false statements again.  5 Dems voted Guilty for Clinton.

But you are right about one thing - Roll on November and the destruction of the Dems as a Party.

You have been corrected again. But maybe you have a better source than the one contradicting you? Or were you simply wrong?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Romney wouldn’t be seeking re-election in a purple state. Smart. He is not vulnerable to the dangerous currents of criminality and intrigue swirling about the WH emboldened by Trump’s acquittal. His less principled colleagues will have to live under Trump’s corruption and authoritarianism. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Poor Mitt... I sense some crazy jealousy going on here. But really, who cares? He didn't change anything. The justice system has spoken.

Margaret Chase Smith, 1950.

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/resources/pdf/SmithDeclaration.pdf

"A Declaration of Conscience"

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/minute/A_Declaration_of_Conscience.htm

The link between McCarthy and Trump is, of course, a shady lawyer - Roy Cohn - shocker.

SIDEBAR-wheres-my-roy-cohn-Sony-Pictures-Classics.jpg

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 2