Breaking with Republicans, Romney votes 'guilty' in Trump impeachment trial

webfact

7 hours ago, Tug said:

Finally a republican with principals you sir have my respect a courageous stand now there is potus material!

But you would still vote democrat every single time, your intent formed entirely on ideology and not on fact.

We are fighting those guys in Iraq, too. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

What Justice system are you talking about , NO witnesses and NO documents were allowed so a farce and one sided trial by the Republican's . 

1. The Senate trial is not part of the justice system.  Different co-equal branch of government.

2. The Senate has the freedom to determine if they need more witnesses and/or documents.

3. The House provided transcripts of selected witnesses (still hiding transcripts of some of the secret testimony in the Intelligence Committee).

4. The evidence gathering/witnesses is conducted by the House.  The Senate reviews the evidence and makes determinations from there.

5. A majority vote in the Senate acquitted the POTUS.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tug said:

. . .

now there is potus material!

He had his shot in 2012.

Romney didn't fight for the job, didn't fight for Americans, didn't fight his opponent and didn't even fight for himself and defend his wealth. 

I think Mitt is still harboring hurt feelings over his failed campaign in 2012.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Margaret Chase Smith, 1950.

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/resources/pdf/SmithDeclaration.pdf

"A Declaration of Conscience"

https://www.senate.gov/artandhistory/history/minute/A_Declaration_of_Conscience.htm

The link between McCarthy and Trump is, of course, a shady lawyer - Roy Cohn - shocker.

SIDEBAR-wheres-my-roy-cohn-Sony-Pictures-Classics.jpg

all Trump's lawyers are shady, just wondering (wogeordie said the same) who will be paying Starr, Dershowitz, Ray, Sekulow, Bondi, Raskin, Purpura, Philbin and all other lawyers on his farce defense team, qui9te sure they didn't work on a contingency fee

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I think Romney is the only one remaining in the Republican party, all the others have joined the trump party.

Perhaps the only senator but in the party, resistance to Trump is growing like the Lincoln Project and the 20+ Reps that will not seek re-election. Party is shrinking and so is Trump’s ambition.

https://lincolnproject.us/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

And the GOP Senators will need to explain their vote as more evidence of Trump’s crimes emerges.

Their vote was based on what was presented to them at the time.  They have already explained their votes publicly near the end of the Senate trial.

If the House thinks they've found what they think is more evidence, maybe they'll go about the process in the correct way this time.  I would think that the public is tired of this; but Democrats are the undisputed Champions of Unintended Consequences.  As Champions, they will be expected to triple-down and quadruple-down on this GET TRUMP agenda because it's all they've got leading into November.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Perhaps the only senator but in the party, resistance to Trump is growing like the Lincoln Project and the 20+ Reps that will not seek re-election. Party is shrinking and so is Trump’s ambition.

https://lincolnproject.us/

The Lincoln Project is led by never-Trumpers like George Conway.  That dude will say anything. LOL

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, nervona81732 said:

Do any of you Trump Haters know the History of this clown LDS Romney?Maybe you wouldn't be bashing Trump if you did. But I doubt you have the balls to investigate. Pound salt Trump haters. You are really a sorry lot. MAGA. ????

Romney wasn't impeached. Maga Schmaga -- 45 was.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:
34 minutes ago, nervona81732 said:

Do any of you Trump Haters know the History of this clown LDS Romney?Maybe you wouldn't be bashing Trump if you did. But I doubt you have the balls to investigate. Pound salt Trump haters. You are really a sorry lot. MAGA. ????

Romney wasn't impeached. Maga Schmaga -- 45 was.

I would not argue with him if I was you, I think what he is trying to say is that Romney is just as big a creep as trump. 

• Haha 1

A Don has been cleared by 50+ of his compatriot crooks, so what’s new? USA is all about money and the worshipers of Mammon will in most cases be victorious anyway. Did anyone really expect another outcome in one of the world’s most corrupt countries? Respect to the loner that choose justice in this case.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1