Breaking with Republicans, Romney votes 'guilty' in Trump impeachment trial

webfact

35 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
41 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

This is not as far-fetched as most believe.  If the GOP were to lose both the WH and Senate, they know their party is just about done.  Trump has been able to get away with a lot because he had enablers (i.e., McConnell).  So if both Trump and McConnell see themselves losing all that power, who knows what they'll do.  But it'll be fun to watch. 

It's not far fetched at all! 

And since we're all speculating, can you imagine what would happen if Trump wins reelection but the Dems take the Senate.  The Dems would have complete control of Congress.  I'd almost want Trump to win a 2nd term just to watch what the Dems do to him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

And since we're all speculating, can you imagine what would happen if Trump wins reelection but the Dems take the Senate.  The Dems would have complete control of Congress.  I'd almost want Trump to win a 2nd term just to watch what the Dems do to him. 

Well yes but you still need 2/3 to remove him in the senate

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Well yes but you still need 2/3 to remove him in the senate

Understand, but nevermind impeachment.  Nothing would get through, no more legislation, conservative judges, etc., and the committees would be subpoenaing the heck out of the WH.  Some GOP Senators may convict just to get things moving again. 

Edited by Berkshire
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

"High crimes and misdemeanors". There should at least be some realistic facsimile of a crime. Asking that a crook who bragged about extorting a country to protect his kid from legal jeopardy is pretty far being a crime. It's an obligation. But don't worry. I have a feeling the Biden affairs in Ukraine will have the light of day shined on them. And that's a good thing, yes?

There has never been any investigation into Hunter in Ukraine. You already know that, right?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ricohoc said:

Another prediction in a long line of the stock market crashing, the economy going into the dumpster, WW3 vs North Korea, WW4 vs China over trade, WW5 vs Iran, Trump robbing the country blind, blah blah blah.

And while those who dislike Trump focus all of their pearl-clutching focus on things like this, the "America First" doctrine marches on -- with NONE of those things happening.

...yet....

(execpt robbing the country blind! That has been going on since Day 1)

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, wasabi said:

God and Mitt's family (who he claims guided his decision to impeach) have nothing to do with the fact no crime was committed. Bad taste, sleazy? Perhaps but that is not grounds for impeachment. Trump has empowered the nation to increase their wealth. The ability to use my skills and wits to build wealth is the only freedom I have ever known and will be voting for him again. Democrats have only hysteria and drama. Not solutions for working Americans.

the solutions are piled up on mc connel's desk.

On 2/6/2020 at 10:09 AM, Ricohoc said:

*yawn*

Anyone surprised or patting Mitt on the back for his vote hasn't been paying attention.  All predictable.  I've come to call him McRomney -- after the maverick Dem hero McCain.  Romney is continuing the backstabbing tradition of GOPe Mush, and it was no surprise to me.  Almost all of the GOP establishment mush is being flushed out of the party.

And even before his vote, Romney faces state legislation in Utah that is calling for a voter referendum that will allow for the recall of US Senators.  Only a few states have such an instrument for removal.  That could finally be the political legacy that he earns, but not the one for which he aspired.

McCain was a real American hero and bone spur deferral Trump wouldn't have been fit to polish his boots. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

When he gets away with everything, again and again and again, why would he ever voluntarily leave such an office?

"Don't ever make the mistake with people like me thinking we are looking for heroes. There aren't any and if there were, they would be killed immediately. I'm never surprised by bad behaviour. I expect it."

"Benjamin Franklin said that the system would fail because of the corruption of the people and that happened under Bush."

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2009/09/30/gore-vidal-well-have-dictatorship-soon-us

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

Maybe he did rob the country blind. That’s why he is pulling all stops to block his tax returns. 

Trump has been through more audits from the IRS than anyone could probably count.  I would presume that the IRS would be proficient enough to find errors and omissions.

This Democrat hunt regarding tax returns is nothing more than a continuation of a Stalinesque investigation of a man to find a crime.  And the courts are wise to it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, mogandave said:

But no one except leftists care about his tax returns and they’re not voting for him anyway. 
Nothing burger

More likely a very Tasty Burger. Tasty enough for Trump to keep them out of sight. Another witness to suppress.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Forgive me for reminding you, Trump made a Campaign promise to release his tax returns.

And he broke it. It's time Democrats get over it. And most rational people are more concerned with promises like saving $2,500 per year over someone's tax returns. Which promise broken do YOU think impacts the average American the most?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/6/2020 at 9:47 PM, Somewhere In Time said:

Complete and utter rubbish! 

Your overly dramatic bias has long-since clouded your ability to post constructive opinions of the President of the United States.  Not good.

SIT 

You my friend, have hit the golden hammer on the golden nail

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Oh I don't know. Rachel Maddow released portions of Trump's taxes. It was a massive flop. Frankly, most of what I've seen Democrats think they'll find indicates they don't even understand tax returns and what is and isn't on them.

It's a nothing burger. That's why Trump doesn't want it to be made public. Quite logical. ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/6/2020 at 9:47 PM, Somewhere In Time said:

Complete and utter rubbish! 

Your overly dramatic bias has long-since clouded your ability to post constructive opinions of the President of the United States.  Not good.

SIT 

And your arguments are?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

And he broke it. It's time Democrats get over it. And most rational people are more concerned with promises like saving $2,500 per year over someone's tax returns. Which promise broken do YOU think impacts the average American the most?

Yes. Let's collude in a cover-up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1