Over 130 migrants killed after U.S. deports them to El Salvador, rights group says

webfact

3 hours ago, PhonThong said:

What a stupid comment. I don't go to Watts in Los Angeles either. That doesn't mean I don't go to California or that everyone from California should get a free ride and house in Texas or Arizona just because the Bloods and Crips are there. 

You said it was safer in San Salvador, or even the whole of El Salvador, than in south LA. That's easy to say when you're a tourist who goes clubbing for two days. And I didn't say they got a free ride and a house. Most 'illegal' immigrants work very hard for minimum wage to earn an honest living.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, rudi49jr said:

You said it was safer in San Salvador, or even the whole of El Salvador, than in south LA. That's easy to say when you're a tourist who goes clubbing for two days. And I didn't say they got a free ride and a house. Most 'illegal' immigrants work very hard for minimum wage to earn an honest living.

At least you agree that they are illegal. Which is a crime. Which also makes them criminals. But, under your reasoning. There should be no punishment. Great! Then let's all go rob a bank.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, rudi49jr said:

Why do you try and change what I said? I never said, the whole of El Salvador was safer than LA. I also never said, I traveled the WHOLE of El Salvador. 

To refresh this is what I said.  

"Have you been to El Salvador? I have. Went clubbing in San Salvador for two days. Never felt threatened. Sure there are gangs, but I think it is more dangerous living in South L.A.."

Just so you know. I have spent time in every Central American country. Lived 10 years in Panama too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, PhonThong said:

Why do you try and change what I said? I never said, the whole of El Salvador was safer than LA. I also never said, I traveled the WHOLE of El Salvador. 

To refresh this is what I said.  

"Have you been to El Salvador? I have. Went clubbing in San Salvador for two days. Never felt threatened. Sure there are gangs, but I think it is more dangerous living in South L.A.."

Just so you know. I have spent time in every Central American country. Lived 10 years in Panama too.

So, let's see, you base your statement about the safety of El Salvador on your limited experience, but you deny someone else their opinion?  Your little testimonial is a textbook example of what persecution is.   It's clear that some people are clearly safe from mistreatment, while others are not only not safe, but are actively facing persecution.   

Here is the situation, there are 138 recorded cases of people being killed after being deported.  The actual number is likely higher, since no official records are kept.   One good example is given.    

There is something seriously wrong with an asylum process that would permit people in this much danger to be deported.  The problems with the asylum process are being exacerbated by this administration.   

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Credo said:

So, let's see, you base your statement about the safety of El Salvador on your limited experience, but you deny someone else their opinion?  Your little testimonial is a textbook example of what persecution is.   It's clear that some people are clearly safe from mistreatment, while others are not only not safe, but are actively facing persecution.   

Here is the situation, there are 138 recorded cases of people being killed after being deported.  The actual number is likely higher, since no official records are kept.   One good example is given.    

There is something seriously wrong with an asylum process that would permit people in this much danger to be deported.  The problems with the asylum process are being exacerbated by this administration.   

The problems with the asylum process are being exacerbated by this administration.   

I agree. Let's end this foolish asylum process.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2020 at 11:15 PM, Credo said:

So both the US and elsalvador have area's that are high crime and gangs.  They both have safer area's as well.  Impoverished migrants usually live in the high crime area's whether they are in the US or at home. The US is no disneyland with it's 15000 homicides a year.  HRW didn't provide a list of the ones that got killed in the US after immigrating. 

Crime is not like a war where entire towns flee an approaching army or an insurgent takeover of their neighborhoods.. in those cases legitimate refugees usually flee toward a neighboring country and refugee camps are setup near the border.  To start claiming 'crime' (or even 'climate! now we're hearing about climate regugees!) is getting absurd.  There are hundreds of millions of people south of the US border living in area's where there is high crime; Arey the all supposed to come in caravans barging in.. and if their stopped, its a HR violation?

I lived in LongB CA in the 90's. I would hear about alot of murders in area's very close to where i lived, and gang wars in the news everyday. Then we had the riots because the police abuse people or even kill them illegally; BUT there are/were places in the world which are much safer.. Does that mean that anyone living in innercity LA area's can seek 'asylum' in any of those places?

Edited by pkspeaker