Suggestion for organizing an annual TVF Immigration Office of the Year Award

@mod / @moderator of ThaiVisa Forum

Recently I read a TVF article of the Top IO boss visiting one of his local IOs and telling them to be more customer-friendly to foreigners using the IO services.

To support that 'NewYear resolution' it would be a great idea if the TV Forum would launch an annual TVF Immigration Office of the Year Award.

Some ideas/suggestions on how to do this:

• Each year during a particular month, TVF members would have the opportunity to rate their local IO both OVERALL as well as on several aspects, e.g. responsiveness / waiting times / flexibility / customer-friendliness / attitude / transparency / no surprises / etc.
  • Each TVF member can only vote for his own office, and each aspect can be scored on a 5 Point scale > e.g. 0 = Terrible / 1 = Poor / 2 = Needs improvement / 3 = Moderate OK / 4 = Good / 5 = Excellent 
  • Considering that there are Mega-offices and small offices, it would be fair to have 3 categories: Very large offices (e.g. CW, CM, ...) / Moderate-size offices (e.g. Chiang-Rai, Ubon) / Small offices
  • At the end of the 1-month voting period, the scores would be calculated.  To avoid results-distortion, only offices that got at least 5 TVF members voting for them, would be contenders for the Awards
  • Awards could be given for
    • Best large / moderate / small Office (based on OVERALL score)
    • Some of the aspects rated, e.g. a Customer-Friendly Award, a Responsiveness Award, etc.
  • When less than 5 offices in a specific category only 1 Award to be given, when between 5-10 offices in a specific category a Gold and Silver Award for #1 and #2 to be considered, when more than 10 offices in a specific category a Gold, Silver and Bronze Award to be considered
  • Awards could simply be a nice Certificate, that the winning Office can hang in its premises (and allowed to make copies when they want to hang them at various places in their office)

Considering thai management preference for showing that they are #1 and a Winner, such an Award scheme would for sure catch the attention of the Top IO bosses (and thus also of their local IO acolytes).

Just an idea, but TVF would be the ideal Forum to organize this.

• Haha 1

BUT the idea is GREAT however dont forget that Ubonjoe.... And if we can give a push on to the immigration in what way we can, insted of being quiet and attack just one by one, we mayby can count at last if a big big big forum like this  have a prize or opinion about behavior and so forth.

I think just kick the idea in the butt so easily is not so good..... See if we can find some reliable guy that can do this job.... I realize that you yourself have way too much to do.. but there is maybe others....

glegolo

Edited by glegolo
  • Like 2

Yes, finally the members on TVF are going to make a historic mark in the change of how things are done in Thailand!
(Don´t worry about my comments. Still deadly drunk trying to fight the novel corona virus. Just woke up from my drunk-nap and realize all was a dream)

Really!? Throw all those ideas out the window. You are going to be prosecuted for delivering fake news!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Really!? Throw all those ideas out the window. You are going to be prosecuted for delivering fake news!

I deliberately did not suggest a 'Rotten Tomatoes' Award for Worst IO of the Year.  That would for sure get you in trouble considering the thai libel regulations. 

But a Positive Affirmation of good service provided, only very few will object too...

44 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I deliberately did not suggest a 'Rotten Tomatoes' Award for Worst IO of the Year.  That would for sure get you in trouble considering the thai libel regulations. 

But a Positive Affirmation of good service provided, only very few will object too...

Nope! Everybody that didn´t win, will prosecute you for falsifying information that led to a wrongful appointment of a winner. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Peter Denis said:

I find that more amusing and viable!