BANGKOK
theoldgit

UK Visit Visa processing moves to the UK

On 2/20/2020 at 10:04 PM, theoldgit said:

Yes, as I indicated earlier the decision making for visit visas has already moved to Sheffield, it will move to Croydon later in the year.

"in theory, be any changes to the turn around times.
Visa vingettes will be attached to successful applicants passports in Bangkok, as they are now.   

The turn around times do seem to be the same, my wife's application was submitted just a couple of days earlier than last year and came back in exactly the same number of days.

The vingettes, although still done in Bangkok have changed appearance, no longer titled visa but UK Entry Clearance. Overall a significant move away from the EU format. 

28 minutes ago, sandyf said:

"in theory, be any changes to the turn around times.
Visa vingettes will be attached to successful applicants passports in Bangkok, as they are now.   

The turn around times do seem to be the same, my wife's application was submitted just a couple of days earlier than last year and came back in exactly the same number of days.

The vingettes, although still done in Bangkok have changed appearance, no longer titled visa but UK Entry Clearance. Overall a significant move away from the EU format. 

The other change is whilst vignettes are printed by UKVI locally employed staff in Bangkok, they’re actually affixed to passports by VFS staff and the passports never leave Trendy.

This of course now means that VFS staff are aware of the result of the application.

On 3/10/2020 at 4:45 PM, theoldgit said:

The other change is whilst vignettes are printed by UKVI locally employed staff in Bangkok, they’re actually affixed to passports by VFS staff and the passports never leave Trendy.

This of course now means that VFS staff are aware of the result of the application.

VFS have always had a lot more say than many are aware.

In 2015 we needed 3 visas prior to leaving Thailand and decided to do Canada first being a bit of unknown. That was very straightforward dealt directly online with Canadian immigration,decision in 10 days. Unfortunately you had to send passport to VFS to get visa fixed, they screwed up the payment and took nearly a month to get it resolved, had to postpone the UK appointment a few times.

We collected the passport from the Canada office, not sealed or anything and went next door to the UK office. On submission my wife said to the staff that she hoped that there wouldn't be any problem like next door. They asked what she meant and she explained. The staff disappeared for a bit and then came back and wrote across the top of my wife's application "Urgent, Canada approved, Schengen still required" in big red letters. Passport came back by EMS free of charge within 7 days of submission.

We went to the Moroccan Embassy yesterday, different ball game altogether, very civilised and efficient, submitted about 11am and picked up passport at 3pm. Documents similar to Schengen but only 707 baht for single entry.

Received my wife's 3rd tourist visa last week, took 8 working days.

• Like 1