BANGKOK
snoop1130

Britain eyes early free trade pact with Australia after leaving EU

31 minutes ago, gearbox said:

Competition between the Oz/NZ lamb and the UK lamb is like competition between Toyota and Tata. 

"Aussie Lamb is enjoyed in more than 100 countries all over the world. Why? Because Lamb from Australia has the ‘all-natural advantage’ and is available in a wide array of product lines and cuts. It’s pasture-raised, grassfed, and free of artificial additives as well as hormone growth promotants - a pure product of its pure environment."

and free of physical exercise and very fatty

same as the lamb from the islands down the road

4 hours ago, lungbing said:

Given the ant-British vitriol pouring from Irish politicians I would make sure the first trade deal with Australia is for products that Ireland used to provide.

Fosters Guinness.

4 hours ago, samran said:

Just as long as Chav’s aren’t allowed in, I’m all good.

The Bogans won’t like it when FOM chavs come to undercut their wage slave jobs?

5 hours ago, gearbox said:

So AussieBob, what's in for us? We have a FTA with Japan but still the Japanese single malt is so bloody expensive... 

Sorry - we dont make single malt - got some good wine though 🙂

Off-topic, troll posts reported and removed.

12 hours ago, gearbox said:

We can send them overpaid baristas, they can send us overpaid divorce lawyers. Win win.

Baristas for barristers.

16 hours ago, JWRC said:

It's a big But, they couldn't even agree on a reciprocal agreement for pensioners and pensions.

It depends on who you think "they" are.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sxsrf=ACYBGNT-dLCUawTewL4pxVmSMHAuR0In2Q%3A1581049403298&ei=O-Y8Xor2EYXez7sPzcCmyAg&q=history+of+frozen+uk+pensions&oq=history+offrozen+uk+pensions&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.33i10.8222.13817..16393...0.2..0.103.870.9j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j35i304i39j0i13j0i8i13i30j0i8i13i10i30.TUjtO3oY7Xk

I googled 'history of frozen UK pensions and came up with this. It is a pdf document 37 pages long.

It goes back to 1925 when pensions were first introduced, amended in 1929, amended again in 1946, again in 1973, again in 1995.

I read the first 4 or 5 pages before my eyes started to glaze over and boredom set in. It is written in civil service gobbledy gook.

Basically successive governments have said that it would cost too much half a billion GDP I read somewhere so it won't happen in my lifetime (I am 75).

Froozen overseas pensions.pdf

Trade with nations on the other side of the world rather than ones next door.  Certainly makes a lot of (Brexit) sense.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, vogie said:

Can't we do both?

Why would you need to do both. You can only need so much, if one can supply what you need why use two.

• Sad 2