Britain eyes early free trade pact with Australia after leaving EU

snoop1130

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

Whatever happens we will still trade with both the EU and Aus. Idiot back!

And yet you claim an independent Scotland and England will not be trading with each other ????????????.

Brexiteer hypocrisy at its finest. 

2 hours ago, TheDark said:

That story is unfortunately behind paywall. I can see only the intro. Can you give us the main points of the article.

Basically saying over simplification of those behind Brexit claiming HMG will no longer be beholden by EU regulations for trade. The article claims HMG will have no choice but to keep inline with EU regs on trade matters, otherwise will be very costly in terms of lost opportunity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheDark said:

My guess is that while current UK government is playing nationalistic hardball towards EU, there is not going to be any significant trade deal between the two parties. UK will be left alone.

Japanese car manufacturers will keep on producing cars for Australian market. They don't need a middle man England, to route all the hardware via UK. 

That gives good opportunities to Australia as UK will be on her knees, begging for trade deals to show the people, that 'UK still got it'. This is all good news for Australia.

But the question still remains, what can UK gain for her own prosperity? What can UK gain for the prosperity of her subjects?

Not sure, can I have a guess too?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Not sure, can I have a guess too?

Oh, go for it! It would be really nice to hear solutions coming from the Bosses who rule the UK at the moment. 

So, go for it. Let us all know your comprehensive plans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, TheDark said:

He is probably seriously suggesting just that as it goes along with the plan that England is sovereign nation, which does not need anyone else. 

That's the real bossman talk at the Wetherspoons. 

We can now simply enjoy and watch how the brexit bossmen are going to make UK great again.

Is this a sister act?

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

No, I'm not suggesting Scotland and England will stop trading with each other. What magic did you use to conjure up this silly question?

But if we don't buy Scottish stuff you lose 60% of your exports, which you would miss and hiss about. 

So you are saying England and Scotland will carry on trading with each other even after independence then?

But at the same time you are saying if we stop buying your stuff you are screwed?

I know Brexiteers love a scatter gun approach to posting but thats just all over the place.

Which one is it? 

40 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

So you are saying England and Scotland will carry on trading with each other even after independence then?

But at the same time you are saying if we stop buying your stuff you are screwed?

I know Brexiteers love a scatter gun approach to posting but thats just all over the place.

Which one is it? 

Read it again. I'm sorry if it's too challenging but the answer is within.

• Haha 2

On 2/6/2020 at 7:48 PM, Jip99 said:

Start with Marmite then the Aussies wouldn't have to eat that Vegemite sh!t.

Vegemite is so much better than that Marmite sh!t. I don't know why British people pretend to like it.

It's like the BBC, and the NHS we all know they're  not that good, but people cling on like they matter.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

Do you believe Scotland and England will keep trading after independence yes or no?

I thought you were the one saying that the English will no longer be able to buy your whisky and haggis if Scotland went independent? And you were threatening (on behalf of Scotland) to cut off our electricity? ????

• Haha 1

On 2/9/2020 at 7:08 PM, TheDark said:

My guess is that while current UK government is playing nationalistic hardball towards EU, there is not going to be any significant trade deal between the two parties. UK will be left alone.

Japanese car manufacturers will keep on producing cars for Australian market. They don't need a middle man England, to route all the hardware via UK. 

That gives good opportunities to Australia as UK will be on her knees, begging for trade deals to show the people, that 'UK still got it'. This is all good news for Australia.

But the question still remains, what can UK gain for her own prosperity? What can UK gain for the prosperity of her subjects?

The Asian car manufacturers are dominating the Australian market. Toyota,Mazda and Huyndai take more than a third of the new car sales. Heaps of cars are imported from Thailand, we have a FTA with them. It doesn't make much sense for the multinationals to import UK made cars into Australia, unless they somehow manage to produce them cheaper there.

Interesting to see that the Chinese owned and built MG lifted their sales with 176%, in overall gloomy market.

https://www.caradvice.com.au/817278/vfacts-2019-new-car-sales-results/

2 hours ago, codebunny said:

In this imaginary referendum, will it be 50.01% for a majority or 66.7%? for a supermajority?

I'm guessing you're one of "the 48%", so will you be applying Remainer mathematics to this conundrum? 

Was there a supermajority for Brexit?

2 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

I thought you were the one saying that the English will no longer be able to buy your whisky and haggis if Scotland went independent? And you were threatening (on behalf of Scotland) to cut off our electricity? ????

If you cant pay the bill we will.