Trip to Pattaya on February 10th. Should I cancel it?

dan42

The ghost town was referring to specific Chinese areas for the celebrations etc for Chinese new year. Naturally with the restrictions and withdrawal of chinese tourists etc those areas would be effected most.

Not the resort in general.

• Like 2

Just now, CharlieH said:

The ghost town was referring to specific Chinese areas for the celebrations etc for Chinese new year. Naturally with the restrictions and withdrawal of chinese tourists etc those areas would be effected most.

Not the resort in general.

Thanks for you answer.

What about Walking Street and the nightlife areas? And ferries to koh larn etc still working right?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, dan42 said:

Thanks for you answer.

What about Walking Street and the nightlife areas? And ferries to koh larn etc still working right?

Recent feedback was Walking Street quite busy and benefiting from the absence of the Chinese herds. 

I would only ensure travel did not go via China or it's carriers and come enjoy the tranquility. 

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Recent feedback was Walking Street quite busy and benefiting from the absence of the Chinese herds. 

I would only ensure travel did not go via China or it's carriers and come enjoy the tranquility. 

Dont book on the Chinese airlines as the have to go back to their origin and thats where the outbound flights are being cancelled we have had a couple of cancellations because of that.

We have had guest ask us is it ok to come, just stay away from where the tour groups go, bye the time you come there wont be any, as lots of people have said it's more dangerous on the roads

13 hours ago, dan42 said:

Hi guys,

I'm traveling to Thailand-Pattaya next Monday and honestly I don't know if I should cancel it, due to the damn coronavirus. Is Pattaya a ghost town now as people say? Any advice from people there?

I'd really appreciate if you could provide some insights from the ground.

Thanks a lot!

Dan.

Do you think you will cross any street?

Do you think you will take some dessert back to your hotel?

Then any of that will be a much higher risk compared to the virus.

Probably the risk of getting raped by a ladyboy is also higher.

• Thanks 1

The situation as reported in the media and on here isn't going to get better in the next few weeks I'm afraid. If you are worried about it now then being here and coming online ,watching the news etc won't make for a relaxing time. And if your are looking to get intimate with the locals (nudge , nudge ) then and if the virus takes hold here and starts to infect many then that will be higher risk. 

So in brief if you are worried don't come - if not then don't obsess about it and just come and have a good time. Oh and log off here - this is the last place you want to be if you don't want to get worried. But we will help you finding face masks, alcohol scrubs and the like if you do !

• Haha 2

Dont listen to the scaremongering mate, get yourself over here. Other then very few Chinese its no change. In fact parts of Soi Bukeow and LK Metro are busier than I have seen them for a while. I see very few Farangs wearing face masks, in fact I believe that your chances of coming into contact with the virus are very slim.

• Like 2

Feel free to come, but for your own sake and others you might encounter in Pattaya, wear a mask at the airport, bring some anti bac hand gel with you , and do not touch anything. I'm serious. 

• Sad 1

It's not just about Pattaya. I would consider every flight a high risk operation. You are breathing over many hours the air into one might have released his viruses. No filter or face mask stops it and it gets evenly distributed all over the aircraft. That in itself is the single biggest concern I would have, because u can't do a thing against it. Otherwise in Pattaya you can take some precautions on your own. Frequent and long handwashs, hand disinfectants (sold out in Pattaya, you need to bring) etc. Avoid crowded places.

And another thing is that there might be some bar ladies or massage ladies already infected but without symptoms as the first 2 weeks can be symptomless! So you dont really know what you sign up for. 

Edited by P100
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1