Trump celebrates acquittal with White House pomp, condemns political foes

webfact

33 minutes ago, Tug said:

He may very well do just that at least he is the real deal not a bilko artist like trump and I dare say he reflects the American ideal much more so than the troll in chief imo

Bloomberg has a real shot but he's not the only credible democratic possibility to get rid of 45. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RJRS1301 said:

I must be mistaken but I was under the impression that a fair trial, allowed all evidence to be presented by the prosecution and that the defence then addressed the issues truthfully. The jury the decided upon facts .

Tnis was more like a dismissal for procedural errors and lack of evidence.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

I've done things wrong in my life, I will admit ... but this is what the end result is," Trump said, holding up a copy of the Washington Post with the headline "Trump acquitted."

Amazing what happens when your minions refuse to hear new evidence or witnesses...trump always had a majority that would deliver the verdict he craved, so what were they so scared of?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

I must be mistaken but I was under the impression that a fair trial, allowed all evidence to be presented by the prosecution and that the defence then addressed the issues truthfully. The jury the decided upon facts .

Your mistake is assuming trump wanted a fair trial. 

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cory1848 said:

You're kidding, right?

Yeah - a bit.

I reckon all politicians, like the POTUS, should serve limited terms.

2 Terms for POTUS is good rule.  But I would like Trump for another 1 or 2.

3 Terms for House is my preference, and 4 Terms for Senators.

1 minute ago, Cryingdick said:

Tnis was more like a dismissal for procedural errors and lack of evidence.

So not an acquittal at all. Just a farcical waste of money and time, and allows another twist of facts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, AussieBob18 said:

. . .

3 Terms for House is my preference, and 4 Terms for Senators.

3 terms for House would 6 years.  4 terms for Senators would be 24 years.

I'd prefer 4 terms for House at 8 years and 2 terms for Senate at 12 years.

7 minutes ago, Ricohoc said:

3 terms for House would 6 years.  4 terms for Senators would be 24 years.

I'd prefer 4 terms for House at 8 years and 2 terms for Senate at 12 years.

Ooops - what I meant was POTUS election terms - 4 years.

But as you point out - the Reps and Sens have different 'terms'.

8 years for House and 12 years for Senate sounds good to me.

Every POTUS election also becomes 1/2 of the House and 1/3 of the Senate.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

The small investor is a reality that is not reported enough. These days forget index funds and bonds and what some idiotic broker tells you to do. The market is going up because of Trump but also more people are buying. Fractional shares just became common place along with no commission trades.

You are about to see the biggest gains in the history of the market because it takes very very little money to participate now. 

The biggest fallacy the dems perpetuate is that you gotta be rich to benefit. Nothing is further from the truth. 

If that irrational hubris of the small investor isn't a market top I don't know what is. SELL whilst you can , whilst there is a window in which you can and bank your profits. I have and I'm sitting pretty whatever happens. We are in the shoeshine boy moment just before the Great Depression hits and destroys wealth just as quickly as it created it. 

Edited by URMySunshine
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, URMySunshine said:

If that irrational hubris of the small investor isn't a market top I don't know what is. SELL whilst you can , whilst there is a window in which you can and bank your profits. I have and I'm sitting pretty whatever happens. We are in the shoeshine boy moment just before the Great Depression hits and destroys wealth just as quickly as it created it. 

I am an investor like that. I am making more than I ever dreamed. I am not that smart I just save and invest. I buy MA I don't use Mastercard. The figures are astounding under Trump. I will be a millionaire soon.

Unless Bernie gets elected of course. 50% of Americans are about to get huge gains. The rest poop on the streets of SF. 

I buy from people like you.

Edited by Cryingdick
  • Like 2