US Social Security are you alive letter

I have been collecting SS for 3 years living in Thailand but with a US address for SS. I did this in an effort to avoid the yearly are you alive letter. Well got a message from my son that I got this letter there at my US address and have to return it to keep the benefits coming. Now are they sending to everyone ? Anyone here gotten one while using a US address ?

If it was the same report (form 7162) as we have to do here if using a address for here it would of been mailed in May or June and have to be sent by back within 60 days. Also if not complied with you would not get a payment this month.

Ask him what form number it is. 

7 hours ago, BTempleman said:

Does the address used on your federal tax return match the address given to SSA? 

Yes

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If it was the same report (form 7162) as we have to do here if using a address for here it would of been mailed in May or June and have to be sent by back within 60 days. Also if not complied with you would not get a payment this month.

form 7162 and my payment came through

On 2/7/2020 at 10:28 AM, ubonjoe said:

Joe-  I live here ( Sisaket) , and remember getting that letter. Had to return it to keep receiving my ss if I remember correctly-

I sent my 'are you alive document' back to the office in the USA sometime last year. Just a few weeks ago I received a letter from them telling me that they had yet to receive my 'are you alive'  document confirming my address. They enclosed another 'are you alive' document and said if they did not receive this latest one my funds might be cut off or delayed. I had sent the 'are you alive' form back to them last year standard air mail and they never got it. So this time I sent it registered. So it might be a good idea to send them registered mail.

56 minutes ago, khaepmu said:

So it might be a good idea to send them registered mail.

That does not always help due them not receiving them promptly when they arrive at Wilkes Barre.

I sent mine on June 7th registered mail and it was shown in transit to there on July 7th from Scranton, PA but not shown as received until September 10th. Got the 2nd notice on October 17th.