Top Democrat calls for audit of Iowa caucuses as problems delay final tally

webfact

Just now, sirineou said:

Pretty much every moderately successful person in the US is a "Millionaire"   I was a Union carpenter and with a couple of smart moves I am considered a millionaire, every upper level manager in my company in NYC is considered a millionaire by assets.  it is laughable to compare millionaires with Billionaires.

True. I wasn't going to go there. But yes, I am reasonably successful and technically a millionaire- also by assets. I just happened to buy some rental properties at the right time. So as we both know, being a millionaire doesn't mean much these days. A nice job, saving money and a few good moves and you're there. I just wish my income matched up with people's general impression of what it means to be a millionaire. ????

So yes, it's laughable to bunch millionaires and billionaires together.

Now... that still leaves us with the overall demonizing of wealthy people by Democrats.

3 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

True. I wasn't going to go there. But yes, I am reasonably successful and technically a millionaire- also by assets. I just happened to buy some rental properties at the right time. So as we both know, being a millionaire doesn't mean much these days. A nice job, saving money and a few good moves and you're there. I just wish my income matched up with people's general impression of what it means to be a millionaire. ????

So yes, it's laughable to bunch millionaires and billionaires together.

Now... that still leaves us with the overall demonizing of wealthy people by Democrats.

I don't agree that there is a demonization, please exhibit how. I think Democrats believe that rich people should pay their fair share. wealth  inequality seems to suggest that they don't. 

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

I don't agree that there is a demonization, please exhibit how. I think Democrats believe that rich people should pay their fair share. wealth  inequality seems to suggest that they don't. 

There always has been and always will be wealth inequality. That doesn't the people with wealth don't pay their "fair share". In fact, your mentioning it precisely what I'm talking about. You just said it, as many Democrats do. They don't pay their fair share. Given the bottom 40% of earners pay net ZERO in federal income tax and the top 10% pay about 80% of the income tax burden, I fail to see what they are getting away with.

6 minutes ago, Crazy Alex said:

There always has been and always will be wealth inequality. That doesn't the people with wealth don't pay their "fair share". In fact, your mentioning it precisely what I'm talking about. You just said it, as many Democrats do. They don't pay their fair share. Given the bottom 40% of earners pay net ZERO in federal income tax and the top 10% pay about 80% of the income tax burden, I fail to see what they are getting away with.

How the taxation should be done according to you?

15 hours ago, Crazy Alex said:

Wealth inequality has skyrocketed in the past thirty years.

" Beginning in the 1970s, economic growth slowed and the income gap widened.

Income growth for households in the middle and lower parts of the distribution slowed sharply, while incomes at the top continued to grow strongly.

The concentration of income at the very top of the distribution rose to levels last seen nearly a century ago, during the “Roaring Twenties.”

https://www.cbpp.org/research/poverty-and-inequality/a-guide-to-statistics-on-historical-trends-in-income-inequality

I will not post numbers as this is not the thread for it and I don't want to get into arguing numbers.  

But even if there always was wealth inequality, it does not mean that the democrats should not be against it

You said "They don't pay their fair share. Given the bottom 40% of earners pay net ZERO in federal income tax and the top 10% pay about 80%". 

It is this type of faulty logic that leads some to support trump. let me explain, People who have income, pay income tax, people with income below the poverty line, pay no tax, Those with a lot of income pay a lot of tax, those with little income pay little tax. 

Are we together so far? 

Your above quoted statement makes my case for wealth inequality as the ones with the most income would also be the wealthiest. 

Of Course the top percent will pay 80% of the tax, they have all the money !!!! But just because the pay 80% of the tax does not mean that they pay their fair share of the tax. Percentages mean very little. 

Let me explain.Me having no income  Pay Zero tax, , you being a billionaire pay $1 in tax. in our group you paid 100% of the taxes, but did you pay your fair share? 

image.png.0530343738c967c223d84faf64a0dae5.png  

https://itep.org/60-fortune-500-companies-avoided-all-federal-income-tax-in-2018-under-new-tax-law/

Now that I explained the democrat position, the above picture and link demonstrates trump's position, also supported by the fact that he refuses to release his tax returns . 

This is all I will say on the subject as we are way off topic. My apologies to the Moderators. 

Edited by sirineou
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Sujo said:

There is no evidence trump is even a millionaire. Though he is the king of fake news.

So Bloomberg and Forbes have declared Trump a multi-billionaire without any evidence, but Sujo on Thai Visa knows the real truth? I hope you can understand how man people will find your assertion incredibly difficult to believe, yes?