20/4 Fasting

UbonThani

43 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

I did slaughter smaller animals for food and want to learn how to butcher bigger animals like cow but I don't have the tools and the knowledge. I will be there when the farmer will prepare the beef that I bought from him to learn how he do it. I was an ethical vegetarian for 3 years and can understand but that's not for me and I don't have issue with butchering myself or paying the correct price for non factory farmed meat. 

Perhaps you could consider butchering yourself as you don't have an issue with it...

2 hours ago, stephenterry said:

I'm not disputing that - and what you choose to consume is up to you.  What stats don't reveal is whether it's a healthier regime. For example, with today's modern society meds, longevity could be extended, but at what cost to health?  The major cause of death in HK are Cancers, in the US it's heart disease - see below for possible causes:

• Farm animals are given…
    • Growth hormones so they produce a greater profit
    • Antibiotics and other drugs so they can survive their short lives
    • Sprayed with pesticides
    • Enforced pregnancy to produce milk. 

Plants are covered in sprays plus gmo and anti nutrients.

22 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Depending on when the study was done (hard to tell since he never post the link to the study) it might be biased. I went in northern Canada and their current diet is awful. Only the cheapest processed craps is available because everything is expensive and they have high rate of alcoholism and drug addiction. My uncle who is dentist told me Inuit did not have tooth decay until they started eating a modern diet. .

Yes ruined by modern diet plus alcohol. Same with natives in Australia. Their traditional diets were good but now they eat junk and ruined plus crime and alcohol.

Eating 80% meat made people warriors.

Saturated fats are those that have carbon atoms saturated by hydrogen atoms. This makes them stable and much less oxidatively stressful than unsaturated fats.

Saturated fats are highly beneficial to health. Your body cannot function without them.

Diets high in natural saturated fats are associated with longevity. Hong Kong, for example, consumes more meat per capita than any other nation in the world.

People in Hong Kong consume 695 grams per day of meat. Holy steak Batman. That even puts Ron Swanson to shame.

At that rate, you’d expect them to be practically rolling down the street and dropping like fleas from heart disease. But they actually have the world’s longest life expectancy at 84.5 years [*].

26 minutes ago, UbonThani said:

Keto reverses diabetes and obesity.

Carnivore diet does the same.

I don't know how this happen but I keep seeing the wrong username for the quotes. I would not make any claim without posting a link to a serious source. 

Edited by Tayaout

17 hours ago, Tayaout said:

Standard vegan anger management issues. 

Apologies for my joke, Tay. Clearly not appreciated...

But seriously, the world is changing -and it has to change to save the planet from human destruction. A major contributor to environmental concerns is caused by animal farming - that's been scientifically evidenced. 

My beef - 555 - is not so much about meat eaters pe se, but modern governments' ostrich-like response to climate change and deforestation of huge land swathes to grow plant foods for these animals instead of for humans, and for water sources to be decimated by such farming. 

As you could figure-out, I'm wearing my Extinction Rebellion T-shirt. Cost as much as a pasture raised,  grass fed steak. It's a mauve-blood colour.

8 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Apologies for my joke, Tay. Clearly not appreciated...

But seriously, the world is changing -and it has to change to save the planet from human destruction. A major contributor to environmental concerns is caused by animal farming - that's been scientifically evidenced. 

My beef - 555 - is not so much about meat eaters pe se, but modern governments' ostrich-like response to climate change and deforestation of huge land swathes to grow plant foods for these animals instead of for humans, and for water sources to be decimated by such farming. 

As you could figure-out, I'm wearing my Extinction Rebellion T-shirt. Cost as much as a pasture raised,  grass fed steak. It's a mauve-blood colour.

This is in part why I don't eat factory farmed animals and grow my own vegetables so I don't promote large scale monocultures.

http://www.dasnr.okstate.edu/Members/donald-stotts-40okstate.edu/carbon-sequestration-a-positive-aspect-of-beef-cattle-grazing-grasslands/#content

16 hours ago, UbonThani said:

Stephen did. I must have copied your response.

Yes, to clarify, a plant based diet - excluding animal products, dairy, eggs, and cooking oils - does reverse Diabetes type 2 (if the sufferer junks all junk carbs) and mitigates the effects of Diabetes type 1. 

As for the fad keto diet which is unsustainable long term, owing to malnutrition - it relies on low carb plant based foods to exact the same result.

2 minutes ago, Tayaout said:

Like vegan they eat large scale monocroped grains. Pasture fed animals don't. 

But surely you're aware factory farmed animals are fed grains as well as antibiotics and hormones and sprayed with pesticides as nauseum...

Why keep trying to defend the undefendable?  Or put the blame on Vegans for destroying the planet? You really need to face and accept reality, Tay.

44 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

But surely you're aware factory farmed animals are fed grains as well as antibiotics and hormones and sprayed with pesticides as nauseum...

Why keep trying to defend the undefendable?  Or put the blame on Vegans for destroying the planet? You really need to face and accept reality, Tay.

Like I said numerous time I'm against factory farmed animals and don't eat them. I buy high quality aka grass fed meat mainly from New Zealand but I'm aware the transport is not ideal.

You got mad when I said that I plan to fix this by butchering my own food that I can see eating grass and bugs without pesticides or antibiotics on my neighbour land.

I also grow my own vegetables for the same reasons. Some stuff I still buy because I did not have the time to grow or transform it myself like almond, coconut flour, coconut oil, chocolate, etc. but I buy locally from smaller (organic) farm when possible. I almost never go to supermarket anymore.

Grain is not the natural diet of herbivore and increase methane and make them sick (and fat $$$). Grass fed animals trap carbon in the soil and are part of the carbon cycle since forever. 

A vegan diet is not sustainable without modern pharmaceutical and is an utopia. 

IMG_20200204_175837.jpg

Edited by Tayaout

I did a similiar diet.  Mornings Black cofee no sugar, a brisk walk and 30 min workout around 1p. First meal around 3p  a light meal around 6. Heavy protein, light carbs. A cheat one day on weekend. Felt great lost 15K. Kept to it a year.

Edited by WalkingOrders
Clarity

2 hours ago, Tayaout said:

You got mad when I said that I plan to fix this by butchering my own food that I can see eating grass and bugs without pesticides or antibiotics on my neighbour land.

Not really. It's up to you how you choose to live. My comment was the English phraseology that could be read two ways. 

I also grow my own vegetables for the same reasons. Some stuff I still buy because I did not have the time to grow or transform it myself like almond, coconut flour, coconut oil, chocolate, etc. but I buy locally from smaller (organic) farm when possible. I almost never go to supermarket anymore.

Great. you're on your way to a more healthy nutrition regime.

Grain is not the natural diet of herbivore and increase methane and make them sick (and fat $$$). Grass fed animals trap carbon in the soil and are part of the carbon cycle since forever. 

I said factory farms feed their animals grains. That's fact.

A vegan diet is not sustainable without modern pharmaceutical and is an utopia. 

Total rubbish. No scientific evidence to support this extreme view. You've been conned by the meat and dairy industry.  However, a fad keto diet is not sustainable long term , owing to lack of essential 'good' carb nutrition. In a couple of years it will be on the junk heap as well.

A Whole Food Plant Based (unprocessed) vegan diet is perfectly healthy. What do you think our ancestors ate most of, without meds? Huge amounts of meats? - don't think so.