Find your passion in life

geronimo

23 minutes ago, geronimo said:

It's worth it for the 1% ....

to be told 'the secret'?!

you mean find something they like doing then work really hard at doing it?

the 1% don't need to be told that (or sold 'it' by some guru <deleted>) they do it already

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

I think it great if at least some students have benefited from your teaching.

I remember once asking my students for occupations that required at least some English. Along with the more glamorous one, bar girl and tuk tuk driver came out.

I'd like to think that at least some student approached these jobs with passion, dedication and honesty, and that their English skills picked up in school helped them get a start.

We don't always get what we want, due to external circumstances. While I have had a very satisfying career in science, I still think pathology would have been a very strong suit for me. However, financially unachievable at the time.

Some people never develop a passion for any vocation, and just plod through life until they retire. Others are very good at what they do, but don't believe in it.

I have a friend who is quite wealthy as a result of being in senior management. He has said he envied my enjoyment of my chosen field.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lacessit said:

We don't always get what we want, due to external circumstances. While I have had a very satisfying career in science, I still think pathology would have been a very strong suit for me. However, financially unachievable at the time.

Some people never develop a passion for any vocation, and just plod through life until they retire. Others are very good at what they do, but don't believe in it.

I have a friend who is quite wealthy as a result of being in senior management. He has said he envied my enjoyment of my chosen field.

I think that is the secret, enjoy you job and you will never work again

I love mine and am happy to keep working at 63.

I read not so long ago that a team of scientists worked out the problem with Lithium batteries catching fire and created a fix for it. The team leader was/ is 91 years old.

I hate the word 'passion' people used to have hobbies or interests, when did this passion thing start, don't remember it being used 20 years ago. Every CV these days seems to have 'passionate' about this that and the other. WHat's the other one, oh yeah every one has a talent, no they don't.

Edited by Orton Rd
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

I hate the word 'passion' people used to have hobbies or interests, when did this passion thing start, don't remember it being used 20 years ago. Every CV these days seems to have 'passionate' about this that and the other. WHat's the other one, oh yeah every one has a talent, no they don't.

Add ¨inspires¨.   

• 2 weeks later...

I wish many teachers would leave teaching and find their passion because teaching obviously isn't it. Seems half the teachers I work with spend more energy avoiding work than actually doing it.

Edited by Number 6

On 2/7/2020 at 8:48 AM, geronimo said:

Schools do not teach kids how to fulfill their potential, it teaches them to conform and, in many ways, oppresses creativity and thinking outside the box, but, as we all know, that was no accident, as the elite did not want a nation of people who could think.

Hi G.Mo .    How have you been ?   I doubt you were thinking of Rumak when you wrote the above...... but George and I would often have fun discussing the human condition (ing).

I have to tone down my "outside the box"  thoughts often to fit the forum "rules" ????

For those who haven't seen it....here is George on the subject