"Big Biker" decapitated on road trip with friends in Lampang

webfact

"Big Biker" decapitated on road trip with friends in Lampang

6pm.jpg

Thai caption: Decapitation on Big Bike

Picture: Sanook

The gruesome reality of what can happen in motorcycle accidents was explained in full gory detail on the Sanook news site. 

Locals, police and rescue services were confronted with a horrific sight after a biker on a Kawasaki Z650 collided with a metal lamp post in the middle of a downward hill section on the Lampang to Chiang Mai Superhighway. 

The biker's head - now out of its helmet - was on one side of the road, his body was on the other. 

He was named as 28 year old Tossawat from Chanthaburi. He was the last in a convoy of three or four big bikes heading to Chiang Mai when he lost control on the Doi Khun Tan hill KM market 414. 

His friends informed his relatives of the tragedy yesterday that happened around 1.30 pm. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-07
  • Sad 2

That road in my back yard. Know it well.

Not unheard of to find a stretch of sand from under the concrete centre barriers washed across the road.

Sand on the road has many times caught me out. That's why they do not put buttons on motorcycle seats

1 hour ago, Kerryd said:

kept going straight to the point I had to hit the brakes and twist the handlebars to get it to turn

Normally hitting the brakes will straighten up the bike and not help it lean/turn. In which direction did you twist the bars and where did you try to turn?

7 hours ago, Pravda said:

Thais must have a special virus that makes them think they are invincible. 

They lack a mental process which deals with "consequences" of doing something, whether right or wrong.

It is evident in just about all walks of life in Thailand and won't ever change until the early school days include something in the curriculum to teach it........."if you do this, then this can/will happen", and so on.

7 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Horrific, however it won't scare the daredevil Thais.

Or any other "invincible" young person anywhere else on this planet.

Most young folk have a feeling they will live forever and a yearning to test that opinion on a regular basis.

I know how I was, so how about yourself? Well, Thais are no different.

Edited by Dap
  • Like 1

I know that road too. In 1994 I had to do a visa run C Mai to Laos, to just stamp a Non-0 in and out. The Myanmar border was closed at that time as Thai and Burma were boxing. I left CM at 0900 on a TT500 Honda and nearly came to grief at very high speed near there, when I came around a bend and saw a thin rope, slowly moving across the highway. Problem was as I hit the corner very fast a buffalo came out connected to the rope and walked across the highway ! Seconds later a second one came out - I bisected them beautifully, crossing the rope between them at high speed. Shocked, I looked back to see an equally shocked owner of the 'kwais' (yes it is kwai, but there were two of 'em) on the end of the rope. But for luck or fate I would have impacted one of those animals at around 120kph. I was 42, you don't have to be young to do silly stupid stuff. I slowed right down and, took another 12 hours to get to Nongkai. Now I'm 68.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Normally hitting the brakes will straighten up the bike and not help it lean/turn. In which direction did you twist the bars and where did you try to turn?

Maybe difficult in the "heat of the moment" but I hope the answer is focus on where you want to go and push on that bar. 

I could never get counter steering to work on my Vespa but...

All Thai think they can ride their bikes like Freddy Spencer did in his best years. Only difference is that they don't have the brains of Freddy. I've seen monkeys riding bikes way better than the average Thai.

• Sad 1