change batteries myself OK?

cheeryble

Hi some of you may know GIT who runs a little Mac shop off Huuay Kow Road
Some years ago I bought a MacBook air from him Most satisfactory
Less years ago I got a replacement battery for it from him as I remember it was 2000 baht which was a very good price at the time.
It has performed very satisfactory for a long time
It’s ready for another one sure!!
I called GIT GIT and asked him how much now… 2500
My iPad Mini four is beginning to show signs of running down a little fast I also asked him about this 1500 But the bigger problem being he would want to hours to hours two hours to do the MacBook but three days to do the mini…… This is not good for me
I’ve looked on the Zada on Lazada and it seems I can buy the MacBook air battery for 1500 to 2000 baht. For the iPad mini 5 to 700 but

Obviously if I think about doing it Myself I’ll save a little money but more important I’ll safe traveling several trips and lost use of the mini which is essential kit to me

I’m sure I can do the MacBook Air change OK… How about the iPad mini… Not too difficult? Not to goNot to fiddly ?

Thanx

1 hour ago, AussieBob18 said:

Powerbank maybe?

It's a thought Bob

I use the mini much more and more difficult fix so how much might a power bank suitable for a mini cost?

Presumably it would do for my phone too.

On thinking suppose the internal battery wasted away to nothing it would be nice to have a power bank to run the iPad the normal time plus plenty more in hand, say double, triple or as much as poss if theyre not too heavy

Edited by cheeryble

2 hours ago, cheeryble said:

It's a thought Bob

I use the mini much more and more difficult fix so how much might a power bank suitable for a mini cost?

Presumably it would do for my phone too.

On thinking suppose the internal battery wasted away to nothing it would be nice to have a power bank to run the iPad the normal time plus plenty more in hand, say double, triple or as much as poss if theyre not too heavy

No idea in Thailand, buy here is Oz a good one is about $50 up.  And yes you can use them for any device - just need the cable with right connectors.  My wife carries one and two cables - one for my android devices and one for her apple devices.  Careful of cheap chinese <deleted> - they often claim amp/volts way above their actual capacity.

• Like 1

My  daughter brought her Mini and battery she had bought in UK,

thinking it would be cheaper to find someone to replace it here,

there was a guy in Chiang Mai who was supposed to be good with

Apple stuff,so he did it ,charged 200 Thb.

Back home after few hours its flat,and it wont charge,so we took

it to bits to find out if he had actually put new battery in,it was not

easy dismantling it, found out he had not soldered the connections,

he had taped them down !,took it back got the 200 Thb returned,but

he had knackered the Mini,as there was nowhere to connect the battery

to.

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm also looking at replacing my macbook pro and have necessary IT skills to do battery replacement. But around town here in CM they want 2500 on low side to 4000 on high. And talking with shops they clam up when I ask where they source their batteries or if they are different from one on Lazada. Also find it suspicious that their warranties, match the same as lazada ones. Does anyone have any actually experience with ones purchased from Lazada or bad experience from one replaced by shop in CM?

• Like 1

Would like to see an answer to thei last question though likely no one knows.

If I get  a Poerbank presumably I have the same prob getting one from Lazada......so where do I get?

Anyone recommend a specific model/source/price?

THanx

Edited by cheeryble

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 2:37 PM, cheeryble said:

If I get  a Poerbank presumably I have the same prob getting one from Lazada......so where do I get?

THanx

So I ordered one from Lazada it worked however I ran hardware test on it, and came up as fake. as in Battery not meeting output. So I sent it back. Hopefully see money again. Local shops are charging 2500 at cheapest to 3000 one even 4500. I doubt they are different but maybe. I'm still deciding what to do long term.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/19/2020 at 2:37 PM, cheeryble said:

THanx

I know this may be a little late but if you buy an Anker powerbank from their shop on Lazada it will be the genuine item also Aukey again from the official store.

63D5AADB-E44D-440D-9FB8-24F8C1BDBCB5.jpeg.fca9375759c33960722f833defa74b08.jpeg