Truck's gas tank explodes in Thai sugar cane field - three vehicles incinerated, 5 people burned

webfact

Truck's gas tank explodes in Thai sugar cane field - three vehicles incinerated, 5 people burned

8pm1.jpg
Thai caption: Truck gas tank explodes. Three vehicles engulfed in flames, 5 hurt. 
Picture: 77kaoded

Five people with burns were taken to Wichianburi Hospital in Phetchabun province after a truck-trailer's gas tank exploded in the middle of a sugar cane field. 

The resulting fire also engulfed a pick-up truck and a motorcycle. 

The incident happened last night in the field off the Putoei - Sap Noi Road in Wang Yai sub-district of the north eastern Thai province. 

8pm2.jpg
Picture: 77kaoded

Both the Hino truck and the four door Toyota Revo were the property of the owner of the sugar cane field. 

The Yamaha motorcycle belonged to a mechanic who had been called to repair the large truck's engine, reported 77kaoded. 

Police are investigating the cause. 

Source: 77kaoded

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-02-07
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

Turns out that the mechanic needed the fire brigade before attempting a repair would be my advice for any leaking gas tanks after my near incident a few weeks ago????

I don't know, but will the fire brigade come out if there's not a fire in progress?

4 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

I have driven semi trailers for 40 years and this is the first time I have heard (or read) that a GO tank explodes;
diesel cannot catch fire "like that"; even if you approach a match with a container of diesel, nothing will happen; you can even drop the match into the container; the only thing that will happen will be the extinction of the match.

The fire did not come from the truck; it's still an invented sleeping story.

It was not in the middle of the plantation either; he couldn't have done it anyway;
on the other hand what must have happened is a return of flames from the burning plantation;

the flames go up very high, sometimes more than ten meters and if a gust of wind takes them on a nearby vehicle, this one will catch fire then when the GO is very hot, GO vapors contained in the tank will explode ...
But the diesel did not explode, it burned everything around it.

Was it Gas tank, as in gas.....?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Was it Gas tank, as in gas.....?

Have a look at the photo ; it's a truck with a GO tank not with big bottles of gas behind the cabin ;

the problem here on this english forum is english language  !! :cheesy:

Some people don't make the difference between a tank truck that carries liquid gas and a truck that has a GO tank
because, I no longer know in which language the GO is called gas ...

• Haha 1

A truck running on gas

P1020322_rd_22_truck_HINO.thumb.JPG.75be7ef74d68d5d1fe99821c2fa5d935.JPG

A truck that transports liquid gas but that runs on GO

P1020323_rd_22_truck_ISUZU.JPG.b0ee4eab23f8313040284616e208b159.JPG

I live in a sugar cane region, there is a huge factory 15 km from my village and it seems to me that I have never seen trucks carrying sugar cane working with gas

P1010750_rd_22_ban_Han_Noi.JPG.b7c612c9f57c767185efb7a0ca8a2f92.JPG

P1060047_road_22_ban_Han_Noi.thumb.jpg.f71afbc5f9d96db07af21db348a93ce3.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Maybe they were harvesting / burning the sugar cain field and as the article says the truck was in the middle of the field so......

Definite possibility. Just two weeks back a contractor nearly lost vehicles and had fire damage to equipment when they were using a harvester in a sugar crop that was still smoking hot !

• Haha 1