Luxury liners drop anchor: Excitement as more than 3,000 Germans descend on Samui

webfact

53 minutes ago, webfact said:

The Thai media said that excitement was in the air as the passengers disembarked to be picked up by taxis, vans and tour buses and taken to attractions and on tours around the holiday island. 

I think it should read "picked off".

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2020/02/07/anutin-farangs-who-dont-wear-mask-should-be-kicked-out/

Anutin wants to kick us all out. Start with those germans i suppose.

Anutin needs to keep up, facemasks are a panacea outside of medical settings.

I hope there're no identified novel corona virus cases on that ship before they get home, otherwise it's quarantine for you my friends - say goodbye to 14 days of your life. Guess these guys have pre-paid - sunk costs and all that. No sensible person would take the risk, knowing what we know now.

Yeah, Singapore, isn't that where the third identified UK case caught it. 

Anyway, there was a window of opportunity when you could catch it and get proper medical care. That's fast closing, methinks. If it does spread and follow the Chinese model, medical services will be overwhelmed. In hindsight I'd have inhaled virus infested air, got sick, got top notch medical care, recovered, and now be immune. Ha!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thenewgoo said:

Just waiting for the next headline "German Tourist on Bicycle killed by pick up truck in Samui".

No m

30 minutes ago, nausea said:

Anutin needs to keep up, facemasks are a panacea outside of medical settings.

I hope there're no identified novel corona virus cases on that ship before they get home, otherwise it's quarantine for you my friends - say goodbye to 14 days of your life. Guess these guys have pre-paid - sunk costs and all that. No sensible person would take the risk, knowing what we know now.

Yeah, Singapore, isn't that where the third identified UK case caught it. 

Anyway, there was a window of opportunity when you could catch it and get proper medical care. That's fast closing, methinks. If it does spread and follow the Chinese model, medical services will be overwhelmed. In hindsight I'd have inhaled virus infested air, got sick, got top notch medical care, recovered, and now be immune. Ha!

No mention that the passengers were tested for virus and the ships fumigated before passengers were allowed to land on Samui.  Doesn't this Government care about the local people at all?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robertson468 said:

No mention that the passengers were tested for virus and the ships fumigated before passengers were allowed to land on Samui.  Doesn't this Government care about the local people at all?

of course they care - let money come to the country

It is not the first and it will certainly not be the last time, the money has already been spent on the ship from which all reservations are made (excursions and restaurants), perhaps some baht remain at the premises of Samui!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 30la said:

It is not the first and it will certainly not be the last time, the money has already been spent on the ship from which all reservations are made (excursions and restaurants), perhaps some baht remain at the premises of Samui!

Sounds like a German version of the Chinese tours.

• Sad 2

17 hours ago, robertson468 said:

No m

NO

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DrTuner said:

Sounds like a German version of the Chinese tours.

This isn't how cruise ships work at all.

They let you off at land, you spend your own cash on whatever you want or don't want. You can also just stay on board. And that's it. 

Then they drive you to the next location and you do again whatever you want, there's no allowance or sth.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

This isn't how cruise ships work at all.

They let you off at land, you spend your own cash on whatever you want or don't want. You can also just stay on board. And that's it. 

Then they drive you to the next location and you do again whatever you want, there's no allowance or sth.

That really does sound like Chinese being bused from one milking station to the next. I guess I won't be going on a cruise anytime soon. Never saw the appeal.

• Like 1