Gecko in Thailand - How to get rid of them

Thomas J

Does anyone have a solution that has been effective in ridding ones yard or house from Gecko's?  They leave their <deleted> all over the house.  We have tried the following:

We were told by an exterminator to try a Techno Home ultrasonic pest repeller.  Nope still Geckos

If anyone has come up with a good solution, I would greatly appreciate it. 

4 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Think I am going to try this to spray inside the Air-conditioners and the IT closet. Otherwise I love them too, magic of living in the Tropics.

Thats exactly what the wife uses it for ! the geckos seem to think the A/C is there tunnel from out to in.???? We get the pk 6 as that usually lasts the year and is better value.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Cleaning up gecko <deleted> is no reason to get rid of them.

Yes it is. They carry Salmonella.

Is salmonella fatal?
Though salmonella poisoning is generally not a severe illness, it can be fatal in certain people, including young children and the very old. One danger is that vomiting, along with diarrhea (another symptom of salmonella poisoning), can cause dangerous dehydration.

Best way to get rid of them is place a Rat Glue trap under a light at night.
  • Sad 6

1 hour ago, CharlieH said:

We generally dont mind them but like to keep them away from certain ares and the wife finds this very effective.

CharlieH

Thank you for the tip.  PS.  I checked on Lazada.  This is only 3 cans but 600ML instead of 250 so overall it is even a touch cheaper than the 6 can link you provided 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/600-3-i277561358-s443939686.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.16.7da4216bVaJzjV&search=1

6 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Get a cat or two they love to eat them

Rimmer, 

We are also trying to get rid of the Feral cats around the neighborhood.  Not only do they scream and fight at night, they defecate under the house requiring us to clean it up every day. I don't mind the gecko's outside.  It is when they screech inside the house and we find their droppings all over the floor and beds

9 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Get a cat or two they love to eat them and will sit patiently watching them high on a wall and then when they come within jump height they will become cat snack   ????

That's what I did,now there's 15 of them,the population explosion has levelled off after finding the government vets which offer free desexing.A great program where they tour the villages offering an invaluable community service.

25 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Best way to get rid of them is place a Rat Glue trap under a light at night.

IvorBuggun2

We have used the Glue Traps for roaches that have the bait. We have caught probably about 8 of them in the traps but have never tried to light at night.  What is the benefit of placing the trap under the light? 

5 minutes ago, Odin Norway said:

Do we care if the fish feel any pain

Probably not, but I don't eat fish, but seeing a helpless live creature stuck to a board is about as cruel as it gets. What do you do with it after, throw it into the bin where it possibly suffers for hours. I won't even use them for rats.

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Probably not, but I don't eat fish, but seeing a helpless live creature stuck to a board is about as cruel as it gets. What do you do with it after, throw it into the bin where it possibly suffers for hours. I won't even use them for rats.

I hate those sticky pads too which is why we use the instant death grid in our packing shed.

Cats torment house lizards close to death often leaving them to die slowly. Some get lucky by releasing the sacrificial tail or having their heads bitten off in the first few minutes.

2 minutes ago, Fruit Trader said:

I hate those sticky pads too which is why we use the instant death grid in our packing shed.

Cats torment house lizards close to death often leaving them to die slowly. Some get lucky by releasing the sacrificial tail or having their heads bitten off in the first few minutes.

Cats torment mice and birds as well, doesn't mean we have to.

1 hour ago, nausea said:

I like to see them cos I assume they're keeping the insect life under control, but then I live in a pretty open environment. Hadn't recognised the problem with gecko sh*t, but now you mention it, yeah, it does explain those strange deposits on the walls. My only problem is I occasionally squash one underfoot, which can be a little disconcerting when you do it barefoot in the dark. They should stick to the walls. Got a Tookay too, wondered what it was, now I know. They've got a wicked bite apparently, but this one stays outdoors, so no problem for me; rather endearing, actually, a bit like a mascot.

It is thought to be lucky if you have one on your property

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

I use the scorched earth policy inside my house for anything with no or more than two legs with amazing success though I do return geckos out the window by hand????

You must be a Ninja,

them things are quick ????