Car window sun film

annabel

Please post back what your findings are. I am also in need of changing mine. I really wish there was a way to have some tint on the front windshield in the day....and not at night. The tint on my front is not strong and so not a great hindrance at night. However, it is still darker than no tint at all and indeed does make it harder to see at night. Of course, no tint at all and the daytime becomes very uncomfortable. I'm surprised there is not some work-around?

7 hours ago, annabel said:

Thank you so much ...will be checking this one out also this week.. Thanks again!

Go with 3M as it seems to be the best brand and lasts the longest.  We had our window film done at this place and the price was much better than Amnuay. They dropped the price from the rate card considerably if we did the work that day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally went to PPS and just for your info they have a second place on Hang Dong Road which is were I went, Going to wards the airport they are on the left hand side before Tesco Lotus and before Dr. Morgan's HCMC clinic ... Did a wonderful job in just 2 hours and at a very reasonable price ...3,000 Baht for all 5 windows including an 8" strip at the top of the front window.  Super efficient! Wow! can't believe what bad shape my old film was in...  Can't believe the difference... I can actually clearly see from all directions now..555 ... Thank you again for all your help

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, captainjackS said:

3M Crystalline เชียงใหม่ by แอร์พอร์ท ฟิล์ม
269 Mahidol Rd, Pa Daet Sub-district, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai 50100
081 681 3643
https://maps.app.goo.gl/PKfNERrB8jPi9HZh6

I got the 3M Crystalline C70 on my front windshield from Airport Film Center.  Its surprisingly clear at night and does a great job to reduce heat in the daytime.  The installer did an excellent job. no bubbles, no blur.  just pefect. The big 3M shop next to Grandview / across from Maya did not have this light color in stock and would not order it.  I highly recommend 3M Airport Film Center.  (Both shops had the same prices).  keep in mind that the films from US usually have product number that indicates how much visible light transmits through.  So 70% american film means 70% light / 30% dark.   Some of the Thai brands swap the numbers around and 70% would mean 30% light / 70% dark.  When you choose your film, be careful to confirm that you are getting the product that you want.  Also important to know that the infrared light is where the real heat comes from.  So check the detailed specs.  Thats why i forked over the cash for 3M Crystalline.  Visibly quite clear, but blocks >90% of heat-generating infrared.

I think this is what I've had on my car since new. Now it's peeling off and I need to replace it - can I ask what it cost? I've a feeling it was 10 or 12k many years ago.

Also did you look at other films while there, and was this the no-brainer option?

3 hours ago, taotoo said:

I think this is what I've had on my car since new. Now it's peeling off and I need to replace it - can I ask what it cost? I've a feeling it was 10 or 12k many years ago.

Also did you look at other films while there, and was this the no-brainer option?

I did only the front window for 5000 THB (Isuzu D-Max)  The side and back windows already had some Master Cool since I bought the truck.  Keeps the heat out nicely, but it's also a bit dark and reflective - so that type is not appropriate for front windshield.  I didn't look at any other films when I was there because all online research and spec review beforehand led me to choose 3M Crystalline for the best heat rejection in a film that is not dark.

Edited by captainjackS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/16/2020 at 11:57 AM, captainjackS said:

269 Mahidol Rd, Pa Daet Sub-district, Amphoe Mueang Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai 50100
081 681 3643

I got the 3M Crystalline C70 on my front windshield from Airport Film Center.  Its surprisingly clear at night and does a great job to reduce heat in the daytime.  The installer did an excellent job. no bubbles, no blur.  just pefect. The big 3M shop next to Grandview / across from Maya did not have this light color in stock and would not order it.  I highly recommend 3M Airport Film Center.  (Both shops had the same prices).  keep in mind that the films from US usually have product number that indicates how much visible light transmits through.  So 70% american film means 70% light / 30% dark.   Some of the Thai brands swap the numbers around and 70% would mean 30% light / 70% dark.  When you choose your film, be careful to confirm that you are getting the product that you want.  Also important to know that the infrared light is where the real heat comes from.  So check the detailed specs.  Thats why i forked over the cash for 3M Crystalline.  Visibly quite clear, but blocks >90% of heat-generating infrared.

Thanks for this--sounds like this is what i am looking for--am assuming that the address above is the address for the Airport Film Co ??

081 681 3643

sorry--one last question--any recommendations for film for the side windows--any thoughts on the just having the darker tint, or a reflective one, so cannot see in, but ok to see out??  thank you!

Yes, the link i posted is a google map address for Airport Film.  Interestingly enough, the old google street view picture of the storefront shows a sign in english "Airport Film Coating Center", but the new sign that is actually on the building (1 month ago) is only in Thai.   Its just next to the tall PSI satellite sign that you can see from farther away.

Edited by captainjackS
  • Like 1

081 681 3643

Thank you for the info. I'm assuming what you put on was 70% light/30% dark? And no problem seeing at night?

On 2/16/2020 at 9:37 AM, annabel said:

Finally went to PPS and just for your info they have a second place on Hang Dong Road which is were I went, Going to wards the airport they are on the left hand side before Tesco Lotus and before Dr. Morgan's HCMC clinic ... Did a wonderful job in just 2 hours and at a very reasonable price ...3,000 Baht for all 5 windows including an 8" strip at the top of the front window.  Super efficient! Wow! can't believe what bad shape my old film was in...  Can't believe the difference... I can actually clearly see from all directions now..555 ... Thank you again for all your help

Thanks for reporting back; very helpful! If I may ask, did you only put the dark strip at the top of the front and zero film on the lower part of the windshield? Or simply an additional darker strip at the top while the lower portion has a lesser tint to it? Thanks!