Farangs who don’t wear face masks should be kicked out of Thailand says health minister

webfact

Just now, CraigInBangkok said:

easier to blame farang than to actually really try to stop the spread then?

I don't think so. But if people refuse to follow the guidance of the government - Farangs or not Farangs - they might not be tourists the Thai government needs at this time. 

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

Digital Economy and Society (DES) Minister Buddhipongse Punakanta said that the centre will collaborate with the Royal Thai Police’s Technology Crime Suppression Division.

Someone call the Anti Fake News Centre minister Punakanta, and have them start an investigation on minister Anutin please ???? 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Beggar said:

Some Farangs really don't understand the problem. It can take up to 2 weeks to show any symptoms. And you write that you just came back from Central Festival without a mask and are still alive. I am afraid the health Minister is correct,.. 

yeah that's why he's not wearing a mask himself, a paper mask that is utterly useless anyway.

Everyone is better off not wearing a mask currently and keeping the stash of proper n95 mask he has unused, maybe we really need them in the future and they are impossible to buy right now....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

can anyone spot the health minister posting on this thread - it beggars belief

pretty much the same idiotic nonsense 

Can you please elaborate your view! Idiotic nonsense is nothing more than an insult. I also could write that you are an <deleted> <deleted> <deleted>. But would this still be a discussion? 

I'll say that the text above itself doesn't show the context in which he said that. I can understand that he gets excited when he's handing out free masks in the middle of the epidemic and people still refuse to take them.

However it's debatable whether the masks work or not work, but that's not the biggest issue - the biggest issue is that he just said people don't understand the situation (and handing out masks would kind of mean situation is dire), but at the same time PM is stating that all is 100% under control, nothing to worry about.

So did the health minister just negate his boss?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Peterbilt said:

Would be nice.
But do you really think the those politicians in the west have the balls to do so?
When I think of those clowns in the German "government", I have to say that they would crawl into Anutins back orifice to make him / his companies invest in the country.

Unfortunately, you are completely right.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1