BANGKOK
yogavnture

has anybody ever just flown to a non tourist city in thailand just to get away from farang

45 minutes ago, Stocky said:

But those numbers only report the populations for mueang Hat Yai, or mueang Chiang Mai. They don't include the surrounding districts which are integral to the city. Greater Hat Yai has a population of about 800,000 the population of Greater Chiang Mai is I think similar.

Seems to be near impossible to come up with accurate numbers, this was the best I could find.

2020.png.b79e9d2abaeb867287521bbf40a78e2d.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CGW said:

If i had to choose Songkla would win every time, lot more laid back, HY caters to Malaysians mainly IMO.

i know .  what im looking for is decent massage shops that will massage farang.  a decent gym with a treadmill..  and vegetable market. in songkla is thier a municipal market i  can get good veggies and fruit. ?

1 minute ago, yogavnture said:

in songkla is thier a municipal market i  can get good veggies and fruit. ?

For sure, I have never been in any Thai city of any size that doesn't have a good fruit & vegetable market, no idea where they are though! more of a seedy bar person 🙂 

• Haha 1

cant live without big c........in thammarat they make fresh carrot juice.  

• Haha 1

Hat Yai is Malaysia's back yard, there is quiet a lot of farang there, Go down to Sadao never seen any farang there the boarder town

I walked into a bar one night and the girls saying Farang maa lao

5 hours ago, Stocky said:

Numbers 2 and 3 are just suburbs of Bangkok. Then it's a toss up between Hat Yai, Chiang Mai and Khorat depending on how you measure the numbers.

I'd say, Pattaya is the 2nd biggest city of Thailand. Not measured by people registered in a Tabien Bahn, but residents. And no, i don't live there, we stay in Khlong Rang, Songkhla.

IMG_20191209_104940.jpg

• Like 2

i took the bus from Mo Chit to Sukhothai in December one year.  A very scenic 7 hour ride with a stop for lunch.  Very few foreigners were at the ruins and I loved it for a few days.  I did not get around much and there did not seem to be much going on in the city, but that was fine with me.  Wandering around the old ancient temples and buildings.

Took the bus from Pattaya to Khorat once.  Did not do much in the city but sure enjoyed the tram rides around the zoo. 

I live in a non-tourist city in Thialand, partly to avoid frequent contact with Falangs.

I only go into the large cities when I absolutely have to.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, billsmart said:

I live in a non-tourist city in Thialand, partly to avoid frequent contact with Falangs.

I only go into the large cities when I absolutely have to.

What do you have against farangs? 

• Like 1

no problem avoiding fellow farang ANYWHERE these days ... just wear a big black face mask. I was at Siam BTS the other day and a nice government dude in a suit tried to give me a free little blue one ... i had to refuse ... politely of course ... but appreciated the gesture. 

You fly... I take a bus to a non tourist village or town. Only few cities have airports

Songkla?? Hahaha. Read first before u ask.

"Not many Farang" why is that? Are you Muslim yourself? Are you racist? Sounds like it to me. Get yourself off to China mate, no Farangs there 

• Like 1

i have a friend who, several years ago, started to live in areas where there are no foreigners, he was keen to improve his, already good, thai language skills and immerse himself in thai culture. it's not for everyone but it made him happy.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jimn said:

"Not many Farang" why is that? Are you Muslim yourself? Are you racist? Sounds like it to me. Get yourself off to China mate, no Farangs there 

He's probably a Vegan.

• Like 2

I live in Bangkok, MRT line not sukhumvhit. Outside of traveling on the MRT I never see westerners. Well, ok maybe once in a blue moon at Big C.