How to manage the book bank in case of transfer to another province

I will probably have to move to another province, currently I have 800k baht in my deposit that I will have to show to get the visa extension within 45 days.

now the problem

1) if I close my account that I own in my current province and then open an account in my new province of residence when I go to ask for the visa extension I will not be able to show that the 800k have been deposited on my new account for the previous 90 days as required by the rules

2) if I keep my book bank in the current province of residence when I have to apply for the visa extension I will not be able to present the affidavit bank letter dated the same day of the extension request as the immigration offices lately require, also I am not sure that immigration accept that the account is open in another province

any of you faced this problem?

I hope I have clearly explained what my doubts are

Thanks

he still has the problem of returning to the original branch in order to do bank stuff.........like get a tax statement for annual refund, get a new passbook when the old one is full or damaged, replace atm card, etc.

so what is the recommended way of moving the 800K?  i would assume you could open accounts in the same bank in the new province.  then can do an online transfer between accounts, and update all passbooks immediately.

does that sound reasonable?

15 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

he still has the problem of returning to the original branch in order to do bank stuff.........like get a tax statement for annual refund, get a new passbook when the old one is full or damaged, replace atm card, etc.

At most banks it's no problem to do this at any branch.

I don't really see a reason why you want to open a new account in another province, just keep your old one.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jackdd said:

I don't really see a reason why you want to open a new account in another province, just keep your old one.

bangkok bank (in bangkok) requires customers to return to original branch to obtain a tax statement, needed to apply for refund of interest withheld.

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

so what is the recommended way of moving the 800K?  i would assume you could open accounts in the same bank in the new province.  then can do an online transfer between accounts, and update all passbooks immediately.

Thanks for your suggestion, It would reasonable for me, but I should know if it's for the bank and immigration.

54 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Thanks I'll ask the bank if a branch located in a province other than the one where the account is located can certify the holder and the balance

- Do your visa extension in the province where you are now living, then move. I once did it the opposite way, and had to commute back to my former province to get it done. (They agreed to do so, because I had moved only after receiving their assurance that I could do so, without jeopardizing my extension.)

- There is no rule against using a bank in a different city or province. But use common sense, don't use one that is several hours away from your Immigration office. And don't leave anything until the last day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, allane said:

- Do your visa extension in the province where you are now living, then move. I once did it the opposite way, and had to commute back to my former province to get it done. (They agreed to do so, because I had moved only after receiving their assurance that I could do so, without jeopardizing my extension.)

- There is no rule against using a bank in a different city or province. But use common sense, don't use one that is several hours away from your Immigration office. And don't leave anything until the last day.

Thank you this is what I was thinking to do, but unfortunately I am pressed by having to leave the house where I am living quickly. not being able to find another accommodation here, I see myself forced to move to another province where I would have found a new accommodation. I still have hope to stay in my current province, but if I can't, I need to know for sure how to fix the problem.

returning to my original branch in Bangkok Bank was in July 2004, after the house was built, have no reason  as get everything at a more local Bank  [original branch is some 55 km away opened in 2000]

Likewise with SCB been years since I went into original branch where I opened the account.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

In KTB you can move your account to another branch and keep the same number.

Read somewhere this is new and planned with all banks.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hansnl said:

In KTB you can move your account to another branch and keep the same number.

Read somewhere this is new and planned with all banks.

Thank you for your answer. My bank is Bank of Ayudhya. I don't know if they can do the same. I'll ask them.

Currently you have to keep the 800K for 2 months before and 3 months after you apply for the extension(then keep 400K for the rest of the year).  I would keep the current account until the 3 months after has passed and then close and open a new one.

The first few years I moved here Ratchaburi had no immigration office, you had to go to Nakhon Pathom.  My bank account was in Ratchaburi but I would go to the SCB close to Nakhon Pathom immigration to get the letter.  I never had a problem doing that.

24 minutes ago, rwill said:

Currently you have to keep the 800K for 2 months before and 3 months after you apply for the extension(then keep 400K for the rest of the year).  I would keep the current account until the 3 months after has passed and then close and open a new one.

The first few years I moved here Ratchaburi had no immigration office, you had to go to Nakhon Pathom.  My bank account was in Ratchaburi but I would go to the SCB close to Nakhon Pathom immigration to get the letter.  I never had a problem doing that.

thank you for sharing your experience

18 hours ago, Nobody55 said:

Thank you this is what I was thinking to do, but unfortunately I am pressed by having to leave the house where I am living quickly. not being able to find another accommodation here, I see myself forced to move to another province where I would have found a new accommodation. I still have hope to stay in my current province, but if I can't, I need to know for sure how to fix the problem.

Well, I have told you what worked for me. I went back to the "old province", and told them that the "new province refused to process my application because my previous extension had not been issued there. The "old province" agreed to process it, even though they knew I no longer lived there. They used my last address on file. 

For a brief period, I was doing "90 Day" reports in both places, just as a precaution against being fined in one province or the other.

I am not sure what to make of your statement that you can't find rental accommodation where you are now. There is rental accommodation almost everywhere, especially if you have white skin. Landlords who wouldn't rent to a local might rent to you, because they think they can charge you more.

22 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

You never cancel an account before having a new account. When having a new account you just transfer the >800k to the new bank. And,yes, it's normally easier to open a new account at the same bank in the new province,unless it's K-Bank. If not meeting the requirements they might reject opening a simple savings account even if you already are a customer in another province/region. Crazy but true. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, allane said:

.....r.

I am not sure what to make of your statement that you can't find rental accommodation where you are now. There is rental accommodation almost everywhere, especially if you have white skin. Landlords who wouldn't rent to a local might rent to you, because they think they can charge you more.

Thanks again

since I have a dog I have difficulty finding a landlord who wants to rent to a tenant who has a pet, I also contacted a real estate agency they have some properties to rent but where pets are not allowed, now they are trying to find me a home that meets my needs and this is my last hope.

On 2/7/2020 at 4:21 PM, ChouDoufu said:

bangkok bank (in bangkok) requires customers to return to original branch to obtain a tax statement, needed to apply for refund of interest withheld.

Non-Thai account holders are also required to return to the original branch after renewing their passport in order to register the new passport number with the bank. I found that out by bitter experience when I last renewed my passport in 2013!

Be careful if you have a will on this Account, I had, and the new bank book has different 

numbers on, had to cancel the transfer of same because it invalidated the will and I 

was not paying the charges requested by the lawyer, to change same,........ 

1 hour ago, KBsinter said:

Be careful if you have a will on this Account, I had, and the new bank book has different 

numbers on, had to cancel the transfer of same because it invalidated the will and I 

Thanks but I have no will....

I'm still finding it bizarre that large Thai banks can't seem to get beyond this "home branch" mindset. I don't doubt the stories I'm reading here, but it's just mind-boggling that a bank as large as K-Bank, SCB, or Bangkok Bank would tell you that they can't issue routine paperwork, and that you have to travel hundreds of kilometers to a "branch" that controls your account.

It's 2020.

On 2/8/2020 at 10:19 PM, OJAS said:

Non-Thai account holders are also required to return to the original branch after renewing their passport in order to register the new passport number with the bank. I found that out by bitter experience when I last renewed my passport in 2013!

I never have, had a new Passport in 2010 and again last December........ SCB + Bangkok Bank re Passport number change did it in Bang Yai in 2010. and in CentralPlaza WestGate  Bang Yai in December last, no problem at all

59 minutes ago, ignis said:

I never have, had a new Passport in 2010 and again last December........ SCB + Bangkok Bank re Passport number change did it in Bang Yai in 2010. and in CentralPlaza WestGate  Bang Yai in December last, no problem at all

I am expecting to renew my passport soon and wonder what I will need to 'update' when the time comes. Bank accounts is for sure, phone SIM registration, Thai Tax and maybe driving licence place. 

On 2/8/2020 at 10:19 PM, OJAS said:

Kbank required me to change contact telephone number at head office or passbook issuing branch.

I sent an email to the central management of my bank (Bank of Ayudhya), they replied that if I need the bank's affidavit for the immigration office I can request it from the nearest branch even if my account is opened in one of their branches in another province, the cost will be 100 baht as usually required by the branch where I have my account.

I hope that the information is correct, however, I keep a copy of the email to show in case of problems to the branch to which I will apply for the affidavit.

On 2/9/2020 at 7:59 PM, KBsinter said:

Changing your bank account should have no bearing on the validity of a will. When i was asked for bank account details etc by my solicitor, I made it clear that i had no intention to make a new will every time my circumstances changed. I was told that any info I gave was purely indicative of assets. I have since bought a property and given the solicitor a photocopy of the chanote. No new will necessary. It just gives them a starting point. My will stipulates ALL assets in Thailand whatsoever they may be. The most important thing is to be sure you leave instructions for the executors/benefactors about what assets you have and where they are held.

I opened an account at SCB in RangSit 17 years ago. I've since received updated and replacement passbooks from PrachinBuri and Nakhon Nayok, a new chip ATM in Bangkok and on the spot, 1 year bank statements for immigration in Nakhon Nayok.

You need a better bank.

If you can, find a place to live, open a new account at a better bank, get the new account to 400k and close the old account after you get your new extension.

On 2/12/2020 at 9:54 PM, fourpack said:

Been with the same BKK branch for all the time I've been here haven't lived in that particular place for a good 13 years now never a problem going to another branch for new card or letter or anything.

Ever claimed your with-holding tax back. I was told the tax certificate had to be issued by the branch where the account resided.