Is TM30 still needed for O-A or O extensions based on retirement at CW?

Sorry if I missed but could not find recent posts on this.

Last year I mailed TM30 twice, after two overseas trips, but never received back any receipt or acknowledgement. I just returned from another trip and am wondering if it is worthwhile to keep mailing it. (I couldn't work it online.) My O-A stay extension is due in a few months, though, and don't want to complicate that if the TM30 is still required. Also wondering in case I convert to O. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Jaxxper said:

Interesting. I was there at 8:30 for 90 day reporting and room 10 for TM 30s was mobbed.

They have previously told me not to report if it’s just an out of province trip. Keen to find out.

The TM 30 is not for us to report after a visit outside the province it is a TM 28 to report that, the TM 30 is for the hotel to report you staying there

• Confused 4

17 minutes ago, captpkapoor said:

My wife and I did ours just 2 days back at CW. No mention of a TM30 (but we own our condo, not renting). And since we're Non-O rather than Non-O-A, no requirement for medical insurance either.

Own a condo has nothing to do with it. You would still need tm30 by letter of the law. Nor does insurance. 

TM30 had a crack down maybe 18 months back. The new imm boss that replaced big Joke had a much publicized crack down on tm30.

CW being the most reported imm office.

That is over. Business as usual now.

Having said that extension to setv I would advise having tm30 for CW.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, peterdwje2 said:

Was that also at CW?

If CW no longer requiring it, can anyone think of any reason to continue filing them after overseas trips?

Look at it this way. How hard is it to file your TM30 vs what you have to do if they ask for it and don’t have it? My philosophy is to bring more than you need rather than less than you need if it is easy and low cost. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, offset said:

The TM 30 is not for us to report after a visit outside the province it is a TM 28 to report that, the TM 30 is for the hotel to report you staying there

A TM28 is for a permanent change of address and not used for some IOs, they simply ask instead for a TM30. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, offset said:

The TM28 is officially for "Change of Address",meaning when for example moving to another province. The TM30 can be reported by the owner/landlord/possessor. As a tenant you're also the possessor. Don't confuse a tourist with an expat staying here long term. I guess you're not living in Thailand.

Hi Peterdwje2,

You wrote that you did not succeed in filing the TM30 on-line.

I just PM-ed you a comprehensive step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM30 website and subsequently file your TM30s on-line.

It's not complicated (if you know how to do it).

Success.