Online visa from the uk nightmare

10 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

If you are trying to obtain a visa from oThai Embassy in London then this thread might be helpful 

Or if you are near one of the Thai Consulates in the uk I believe their requirements are more relaxed .

Is it true Thai Consulates in the U.K will be closing this year ?

19 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

If you are trying to obtain a visa from oThai Embassy in London then this thread might be helpful 

Or if you are near one of the Thai Consulates in the uk I believe their requirements are more relaxed .

7 minutes ago, KC 71 said:

12 minutes ago, KC 71 said:

Some did say they heard that from Cardiff, but I don't know if it is another Visa system change, or a finish to the consulates issuing Visas...

I think they are scheduling a new problem about ever 9 months, so nothing would suprise.

Edited by UKresonant
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

Some did say they heard that from Cardiff, but I don't know if it is another Visa system change, or a finish to the consulates issuing Visas...

I think they are scheduling a new problem about ever 9 months, so nothing would suprise.

Try starting your own thread dosnt help me 1 bit 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, SERGERAMOS said:

Try starting your own thread dosnt help me 1 bit 

How about deleting all your open applications, and starting afresh again, is it 14 strikes and your locked out (if you have been trying a lot). 

What type of Visa are you attempting to apply for Tourist? Single entry non-O?

(Take it your not within traveling distance of Glasgow, Liverpool, Hull or Cardiff )

You do seem a bit stressed ????

1 hour ago, UKresonant said:

How about deleting all your open applications, and starting afresh again, is it 14 strikes and your locked out (if you have been trying a lot). 

What type of Visa are you attempting to apply for Tourist? Single entry non-O?

(Take it your not within traveling distance of Glasgow, Liverpool, Hull or Cardiff )

You do seem a bit stressed ????

Stressed isn't the word I'm after a setv but to far to travel managed to get to the upload passport bit but says the jpeg file to big what a pain 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SERGERAMOS said:

Stressed isn't the word I'm after a setv but to far to travel managed to get to the upload passport bit but says the jpeg file to big what a pain 

Originally the limit was 200kb for the file uploads! Now it has to be less than 500kb as far as I know ( still much smaller than a typical pic taken by a phone ). Maybe need a photo program on a PC to reduce the file size (not the dimensions)

18 hours ago, ukrules said:

Now you've seen the website do you think this is accidental or deliberately done?

I've noticed a pattern in Thai regulations, they don't often ban things that they don't want but they make it much harder to get.

I'd call it obstruction.

That might sound unlikely but a long time back when I worked for a big company in Bangkok I asked my Chinese boss why he wasn't being more direct with a colleague of mine who had fallen out of his favor. If you have a problem with him why not talk to him directly and deal with it ?

He replied, ' That is the falang way not our way.  We think of problem people like tables and so like to cut one leg off at a time until they get the message and quit '

Not his exact words but words to that effect.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SERGERAMOS said:

Re the jpegs, if the files are too big you can rescan or photograph them at a lower resolution if you don't have suitable editing software.

The photo checker facility only works on the portrait file, and not the passport one, which it always fails.

The  file extensions MUST be lower case, and jpg, not jpeg or JPG.  Ridiculous I know.  I learned that the hard way!

• Thanks 1

it’s a such waist of time: submitting digital documents copy's and after sending it by post.... most important thing is downside files after scanning - everything else is straight forward..... and another thing: You need print application, sign it, scan it, downsize file, upload and original put in envelope ????????. YouTube have step by step tutorials...... good luck.....  

The Embassy in France now only accepts online and in English and it's not easy.  My tv was refused because the letter from the hotel confirming my reservation, didn't suit them.  It's the same one they have been accepting for some years. I was refused.

My cousin who is 80+,had to get the guy next door who is in IT to do it,

it was so stressful and took so long, I had to send a letter of invitation to

her,to say she was staying with me,Bank accounts, etc etc,photos too light,too dark, in the end she

cancelled her ticket to come,the stress was too much.she had been coming

every winter for last 20 years,before the visa application was 1 page sent

off to the embassy with passport and money.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

in the end she cancelled her ticket to come,the stress was too much.she had been coming every winter for last 20 years

I've been hearing a lot about this situation since about December, some of the people who often (every year) come for multiple months are coming for only a 30 days visa exempt stay because they can't be bothered with the hassle of getting this visa. Some of them extend it for an additional 30 days but even that has its drawbacks with onward flight issues, etc.

Others I've spoken to have wanted to stay longer and successfully managed to navigate the visa application process, one of them told me he was messing around for about 10 hours before he managed to get the applications sorted.

Classic Thai obstruction. They're doing it to the Chinese right now with the medical certificate requirement stating they don't have the coronavirus.

• Like 2

I applied for a multi entry visa recently and had some of the same problems.  I was using a Mac and it didn’t like the safari browser (it would let me enter a couple of pages and then froze).  Google chrome browser worked ok. To get the pictures smaller I sent them to myself from my iphone- it automatically asked me if I wanted to send a small file size.