Online visa from the uk nightmare

On 2/8/2020 at 10:08 AM, misterphil said:

Ive acquired 2 Non O visas online and never had a problem. 

Yes, the website isn't the best but it is usable if you know what your doing. 

I too have successfully used it for a Non O.  As you say it's not the best, and I would say to any user if anything doesn't look like you expect it to, stop and take the time to understand what has happenend rather than bulldozing through.  You'll find it much easier to rectify if you understand what's going on.

22 hours ago, CliffH said:

The photo checker facility only works on the portrait file, and not the passport one, which it always fails.

The passport pic has it's own reader which pulls the data from the image (from the MRZ?) and enters it in the appropriate fields of the entry form.  It does come with a warning to double check the data but successfully reads my passport scan so it's wrong to say it always fails.

Edited by treetops
  • Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 4:10 PM, SERGERAMOS said:

Stressed isn't the word I'm after a setv but to far to travel managed to get to the upload passport bit but says the jpeg file to big what a pain 

Hi guys. I haven't been frequenting these boards recently due to myself not traveling. However, I quick revisit has highlighted a problem some of your are having resizing your images to the required size to upload to the Thai Embassy Visa website. This resizing can be done online and downloaded to your device. Better to do this on a computer, though, rather than a phone as it's less of a kerfuffle. Try the link below that allows you to upload your large JPG to, then follow the instructions on converting the file to 200 KB. I think the link I've provided is set to that by default. Simply upload, convert, then download the resized file to your PC, and use that file to upload to the Thai Visa website.

https://www.imgonline.com.ua/eng/compress-image-size.php

Edited by Senior Player
  • Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 2:34 PM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Or if you are near one of the Thai Consulates in the uk I believe their requirements are more relaxed .

I am near enough but is it possible to apply/get the visa at their London consulate?  I saw something on their web page that the applications must be online.

5 minutes ago, triffid said:

I am near enough but is it possible to apply/get the visa at their London consulate?  I saw something on their web page that the applications must be online.

I made enquires at the Hull consulate, they ask you to email the documents and they will get back to you within 2 or 3 days with a date for you to visit and pick up your visa.

I PM’d another TVF member about this and he confirmed that you don’t even need to bother resizing the documents just send in an email.

The London Embassy is the one making the process difficult.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, triffid said:

You cannot apply in person at Queens Gate,London, you must apply online,been there done that, walked out,done a 30 day VOA,and a 1900 baht 30 day extension at I.O...Much easier than all the online B.S. requirements.

Be aware that the London Embassy is the one making it difficult to obtain a visa . 
If at all possible to travel to one of the consulates do so !!
Okay , maybe not so handy if you live in Penzance or Brighton, but for those who could take a train or drive to a consulate go on their website, contact them by email and ask them what you need to do to obtain your Non imm O visa ( or whatever ), you will be surprised, night and day !!

• Like 1