Where to buy Gopro in Chiang Mai

Can somebody recommend a reputable shop in Chiang Mai or Bangkok that sells Gopro?

I went to a few shops in Central Festival, all of them sell at the same price and I am not sure about their after-sales service.

2 hours ago, Bruce Aussie Chiang Mai said:

Once you know what 1 you want Lazada

I'm not sure about their after-sales service and quality. 

What happens during the warranty period?

Are their prices cheaper than those in stores?

7 hours ago, EricTh said:

There are so many counterfeits and scammy sellers on Lazada now.  Your reluctance is warranted.   

In Bangkok I would recommend "AV Camera", just behind ROBINSON's near the Sephan Taksin BTS...very reliable.  There is a whole floor of camera stores at MEGA PLAZA, Chinatown on the 4th floor.  Take the MRT to the new "SAM YOT" station, 2 stops past Hualumphung.    

Also, in Fortune City, directly above "Rama 9" MRT, 2nd floor.  Many camera dealers including one that specialize in action style cameras and accessories.

Sorry, No recommendations for CM.

• Like 1

I was thinking about getting a GoPro (Hero8 black) myself for an upcoming roadtrip but frankly, I’m having the same concerns as you regarding post purchase service, quality etc.  Not to mention...will it even be real?

I have decided that I will just go ahead and order one off Amazon as the prices (including the shipping and customs fees) are about 20% less than what I would pay here and I have already had great experiences with Amazon with electronics that they have sent to me where there was an issue after the sale.  Both times, I was told to just keep the item and was issued a full refund (once for a humidifier and once for a step up (down?) converter.)

Also...when I order from Amazon, I make sure to only buy things that are fulfilled by Amazon.

Good luck with your search

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Airalee said:

I have decided that I will just go ahead and order one off Amazon as the prices (including the shipping and customs fees) are about 20% less than what I would pay here and I have already had great experiences with Amazon with

Buying from Amazon isn't going to be cheaper after they add the custom and shipping fees to Thailand. I've calculated that.

What happens if few months down the road, something goes wrong with the product, do we have to ship it back to Amazon?

Will we have problem with Thai customs?

Furthermore, a minor issue would be the charger plug which would be different than the one used in Thailand.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Buying from Amazon isn't going to be cheaper after they add the custom and shipping fees to Thailand. I've calculated that.

What happens if few months down the road, something goes wrong with the product, do we have to ship it back to Amazon?

Will we have problem with Thai customs?

Furthermore, a minor issue would be the charger plug which would be different than the one used in Thailand.

Oh...oops.  I didn’t think about the charger plug.  I found that I can get a Hero8 black shipped here for about 12-13k including the shipping and customs so maybe a plug adaptor would work?  All my amazon shipments have been delivered directly to my condo here in BKK and haven’t had to go to either the post office or customs.

Have you found any large, reputable retailers that sell gopros here yet?  When perusing fortune town here in BKK, all I seem to come across are those little no-name stores where I just don’t trust the legitimacy of the product and I fear that any post sale support will be nothing more than a blank stare.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, EricTh said:

Gets sent to Singapore.

I had to return mine. Bought at reputable shop for same price on Amazon. They sent mine to SIN. A refurbished model came back.

You might consider a knock off, much less money.

Camera is meh but video good.

9 hours ago, Airalee said:

Have you found any large, reputable retailers that sell gopros here yet?  When perusing fortune town here in BKK, all I seem to come across are those little no-name stores where I just don’t trust the legitimacy of the product and I fear that any post sale support will be nothing more than a blank stare.

Wait... I got a brochure a week ago and looking at it in more details. The brochure is the same for all small stores that I visited so it must be the distributor.

It lists Mentagram.com.

https://www.mentagram.com/home/contact-us/

https://www.mentagram.com/home/about-us/

Yes, it is the sole distributor in Thailand.

You might want to visit it first as I am not in Bangkok. 

There seems to be Gopro service center there which is great.

Edited by EricTh
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

Wait... I got a brochure a week ago and looking at it in more details. The brochure is the same for all small stores that I visited so it must be the distributor.

It lists Mentagram.com.

https://www.mentagram.com/home/contact-us/

https://www.mentagram.com/home/about-us/

Yes, it is the sole distributor in Thailand.

You might want to visit it first as I am not in Bangkok. 

There seems to be Gopro service center there which is great.

After sending mine to them twice in as many months they promised to replace it, its now 3 weeks and i,m fobed off with its in a que for posting ???? not happy AT ALL.

3 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

If theres a robinsons there then big camera kiosk has them but stear well clear of the hero 7 white NO KIDDING !!!

Hero black is always better than Hero white. That's why it is more expensive.

Why did you choose Hero white?