How to dress (and act) like a millionaire?

Trujillo

13 hours ago, Trujillo said:

So what kind of clothing should I be wearing? Do I need to go back to wearing a wristwatch? 

Should I be ordering the most expensive item on the menu? Should I put oil in my hair? 

Should I ring the bell every time I have another round myself?

The first thing you should do in my opinion, is to seek help. Then I mean the professional kind, and not the one you search for in this forum.

• Like 2

People should wear what ever they are most comfortable in but if you wear expensive clothes with designer logo's on are you not just seeking other peoples approval? Which is no way to live your life. Saying that absolutely anything is better than Elephant pants.

• Haha 1

On 2/7/2020 at 6:45 AM, Trujillo said:

So what kind of clothing should I be wearing?

Pay no attention to these vain and jealous naysayers . 
For a modest upfront finders fee I can introduce you to two weavers from Denmark.  They 'll have you dressing like an Emperor in no time

.Emperor.png.e6e2bf0b844419df7d08d22f65d6518f.png

• Like 2

People with real money may or may not wear expensive clothing but if they do the trend for last twenty five years is not displaying the branding and everything understated. Little bit if personal jewelry, maybe. Of course in Thailand, it's simple people with garrish taste, new money so they like the branding. Even fakes as we know well.

Of course in Thailand you have not only fakes but women literally buy large fake Chanel pins and wear them.

I'd think I nice Italian shirt long or short sleeved, some nice Italian shoes. Swiss watch. Maybe a bit of gold. Great haircut if you have any left. A bit of quality cologne. Slacks are really for BKK but after work I'd rather be in shorts so, a nice pair of shorts (not cargo). Never, ever flip flops. Sandals, Top Siders, loafers.

Save the black shirts for funerals and never wear a shirt darker than your pants. Pants are the dominant color.

Good clothing at the right price looks great, lasts years. Top Siders can last decades, Italian shoes can be resoled. Swiss watch can last a lifetime. It just has to be you.

There's a difference between fashion and style. Men should be stylish yet up to date. Classic style never fades. Don't look ghetto is my last advice

Edited by Number 6
  • Like 2

It is not so much looking like a millionaire as it is not looking like a FARANG*.

My pants and shirts are ot brand name or nokc name.  But are tailor made.

My shoes are clean

Hair is cut and when I want to impress I actually run that scary thing over my face and neck.

The next thing I do is make sure that i am wearing or carrying a bag that does not look touristy.

The best example is go to MBK in shorts and a wife beater and sandals with a knapsack

next day wear dress pants and a good shirt with shoes and socks and see the different reaction.

Most obvious is day 1 you mister you want to buy nice pants and a suit

day 2  sir you have very nice pants would you allow me to show you what we can make for you.

*FARANG TO ME IS ANYONE THAT IS NOT THAI AND A TOURIST

On 2/9/2020 at 1:54 AM, Number 6 said:

People with real money may or may not wear expensive clothing but if they do the trend for last twenty five years is not displaying the branding and everything understated. Little bit if personal jewelry, maybe. Of course in Thailand, it's simple people with garrish taste, new money so they like the branding. Even fakes as we know well.

Of course in Thailand you have not only fakes but women literally buy large fake Chanel pins and wear them.

I'd think I nice Italian shirt long or short sleeved, some nice Italian shoes. Swiss watch. Maybe a bit of gold. Great haircut if you have any left. A bit of quality cologne. Slacks are really for BKK but after work I'd rather be in shorts so, a nice pair of shorts (not cargo). Never, ever flip flops. Sandals, Top Siders, loafers.

Save the black shirts for funerals and never wear a shirt darker than your pants. Pants are the dominant color.

Good clothing at the right price looks great, lasts years. Top Siders can last decades, Italian shoes can be resoled. Swiss watch can last a lifetime. It just has to be you.

There's a difference between fashion and style. Men should be stylish yet up to date. Classic style never fades. Don't look ghetto is my last advice

You're my kind of guy #6

Rarely I meet men who have a clue how to dress and more importantly ,how to look good,in  whatever clothes they choose to wear

Btw..I never dress in the way you describe but that's another story

Lastly, you are as good looking as your body allows...clothes can only accentuate or 'cover' some weak spots

"???? .. May I be so bold to ask in what currency that might be ? ...."

Any currency you wish to name, if I may be so bold. 

"A post discussing the specifics of prostitution has been removed"

Oh NO!!! I like specifics....

Am I trying to impress others? Not exactly; rather, I want to be noticed as someone who is not an "average" ex-pat relying on that 65K baht a month to scrape by with their Chang and pilot fish wife/girlfriend. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/7/2020 at 9:45 PM, Trujillo said:

So what kind of clothing should I be wearing? Do I need to go back to wearing a wristwatch? 

Should I be ordering the most expensive item on the menu? Should I put oil in my hair? 

Should I ring the bell every time I have another round myself? 

none of these... be yourself and be happy if nobody cares... you don't really want friends or GFs because you have money. 

What bait do you suggest? Tight-fitting Spandex pants? 

I understand that not only clothing makes the man. I can order a US$200 bottle of wine, and the staff at the restaurant will notice that (if I can find a place selling wine that good here), and I can have that warm fuzzy feeling of being financially secure, but if you want to be respected and treated better, you need to project that. 

1 minute ago, Trujillo said:

but if you want to be respected and treated better,

that comes from respecting and treating others better too.. a little extra on the tip maybe but not so much as to be showy, 20 baht... a smile. Being easy going is a tip off too... relax, have fun.

• Like 1

"My GF says that she can tell they are wealthy by how the act and carry themselves."

That's total BS. That's about as accurate as being able to tell when someone is lying by looking at their eye movements. 

And not to put too fine a point on it, I would assume that your girlfriend is a solar system away from being a millionaire, so even if she had some superpower, she doesn't know what to looking for. 

• Sad 1

On 2/8/2020 at 5:36 AM, gk10002000 said:

Yeah, and one or two really long pinky fingernails. That seems to be popular among Asians or drug users.  Good for scooping up lines of coke I guess

Actually the long pinky nails denote that you are not a blue collar worker. As in you don't use your hands to do physical labor.

• Like 1

Just now, Trujillo said:

What bait do you suggest? Tight-fitting Spandex pants? 

I understand that not only clothing makes the man. I can order a US$200 bottle of wine, and the staff at the restaurant will notice that (if I can find a place selling wine that good here), and I can have that warm fuzzy feeling of being financially secure, but if you want to be respected and treated better, you need to project that. 

Be content with the warm fuzzy feeling of financial security. Respect is earned, it's not given on the basis of how much money you have.

I've hob-nobbed with millionaires. Some are worthy of respect, others I would not p##s on if they were on fire.

On 2/7/2020 at 9:45 PM, Trujillo said:

But I've been noticing that I am not getting the kind of respect, notice and esteem that a multi-millionaire deserves (basically from babes)

Learn to speak some Thai to the "babes" and don't call them that to their faces.

Shave your whole face every day

Wear deoderant

Be engaging, look them in their eyes

Smile a lot

Laugh at things they say (whether you understand or not)

Then invite them back to your mansion