How to dress (and act) like a millionaire?

Trujillo

When you become a millionaire, you will lay low, I dress nicely when out and about, e.g. 501 Levi jeans as light and comfortable, keep the sun and mosquitos off of my legs, name brand sports as they are good for back support, not your average Niki's, etc, etc, a good quality cotton T-shirt, 250-350 baht from A11Z, a nice pair of shades and an imitation 007 wrist watch.

When home, most days, short PJ's, singlet and a pair of good quality sandals for indoors. 

Never want to flaunt my wealth, when I want to take a babe, wearing the above, along with my height, build and hanhom European looks and accommodating smile seems to make them wanna love me long time ????

Although I mentioned babes, that's not the total focus. 

It's the respect you should get, the better table you are offered, the extra wai here and there. The little extra attention from those around you (besides your friends). 

But on the subject of females, I wonder where the Thais I see wearing "fancy" outfits with cute opposite numbers find these young acolytes. 

• Sad 1

If you want the hotties to think you are a millionaire, whether you are or not, will you spend Big Money on them to get "respect"? I assume that's what most girls would expect from such a prosperous guy. BTW many girls who can get Big Money out of a guy often don't respect their "mark".

If you look rich and don't spend freely, do you really look rich? Some girls might even get upset.

Being a good person with a happy, fun personality is a babe magnet. If she is quality. And spend appropriately.

As I have said before, I live in a rich area at the beach and people wear shorts, tees and flips. We have many sports stars living here too. Lakers, Dodgers, Kings, Clippers, Rams, Chargers, Galaxy etc. 

I would think if you are all flash you will attract some attention you don't want.

On 2/7/2020 at 9:45 PM, Trujillo said:

But I've been noticing that I am not getting the kind of respect, notice and esteem that a multi-millionaire deserves (basically from babes;

I have a friend who used to frequent upmarket bars, Bed Supperclub and the like,  in Bangkok,  

Most guys will put their Iphone on the table. 

His solution. He would order a drink take out his phone and a money clip with 10,000 baht in it. Then go to the toilet but leave the 10,000 on the table. When he came back the money was always still there and he was never short of companionship. 

I have also been in a bar with him when a woman (unknown to me) walked past and and said "Hi (his name) can I have some champagne?"  He said "Sure". I never noticed her again for the rest of the evening.

Respect has to be earned, it is not given.

OP be happy, polite and generous. Eventually you will get known and recognized. Clothing has little to do with it, other than dressing to suit the environment. T-shirt and shorts as evening wear? Flip-Flops when not gardening? 

Edited by VocalNeal

On 2/7/2020 at 3:45 PM, Trujillo said:

Please help. This sounds like a joke thread, but it's not, I assure you.

So, you are a multi millionaire that have problem understanding how to dress to get respect, at the same time you seem to need that due to that you lack the ability to make interesting conversations. I guess you did not earn them by yourself. Undeserved inheritance?

Edited by Matzzon

35 minutes ago, Trujillo said:

It's the respect you should get, the better table you are offered, the extra wai here and there. The little extra attention from those around you (besides your friends). 

But on the subject of females, I wonder where the Thais I see wearing "fancy" outfits with cute opposite numbers find these young acolytes. 

You are sure you are okey? Just dress proper and make a conversation. How hard can it be? Even a sharp multi millionaire like you would be able to get a hold on that

• Haha 2

On 2/7/2020 at 10:44 PM, samsensam said:

there are several millionaires in my family, to be honest you need considerably more than a million GBP to have a millionaire lifestyle.

Agreed. If you’ve been successful in business / work having a million GBP is not  a big number in the scheme of things.

10 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Dreamer. 

1,000,000 KHR ( riel Cambodia ) are only 223 euros ..

Or if you prefer 

1,000,000 VND ( dong Vietnam ) are less, much less : 39 euros   :cheesy:

If you drive this beautiful automobile :w00t:, you will no longer need to pretend  

Bugatti.png.a7a8854ec15547f649b0426f27366769.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, malibukid said:

where i am from Millionaires where flip flops and shorts????

yeah same in Monaco, St Tropez, Ibiza, Mykonos, Sylt, St Moritz...

It's questionable to wear closed shoes in hot climate during day time, except you like smelly feet. I don't know a single rich person that gives af about what others think, they were what they want.

Only the middle class acts like they are rich and dresses up, that's why most aren't rich, they waste their money for pretending they are ???? If you want to see how much money someone has, better to look inside his house and not what he wears. 

There's a saying that the lower class and and the rich are free, as they do what they want, and the middle class is struggling because they just care too much about what society thinks...

On that note, i don't know why you want to dress like a running ATM, you might as well <deleted> your money away throwing it to a stripper in an agogo.

• Like 2

On 2/7/2020 at 10:19 PM, Trujillo said:

Long sleeve or short sleeve shirt? 

"I like to wear T-shirts and shorts, or if it's not blisteringly hot, jeans.  I wear flip-flops or some very worn (and cobbled) loafers from BigC. I sport a baseball hat if I need to bring along my own shade."

With that description, do you really have to ask why the thai chicks look elsewhere for company? 

On 2/7/2020 at 9:57 PM, Thian said:

I bought a black blouse and together with a new haircut i even get wais again! It's an expensive blouse which is clear to see. Also expensive shoes help a lot, they want to see the brandname though. And yes, jewelry also sure works to get more respect.

It's really amazing how different you get treated if you wear the right clothes in Thailand. Black is the hi-so color here.

lately, when walking around,  have been seeing a lot of Mike, Nice,  Abidas, Abibas, Loral, Canel and they look to be wearing them with pride

Strange but true, I drive an old tatty 2CV, clothes

from charity shop, buttons done up wrong,

talking nonsense with women, I have been

accused of being a millionaire several times.

There appears to be no sense to it.

I've even have holes in shirt, but it drives women mad.

Edited by talahtnut
addition
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

When you become a millionaire, you will lay low, I dress nicely when out and about, e.g. 501 Levi jeans as light and comfortable, keep the sun and mosquitos off of my legs, name brand sports as they are good for back support, not your average Niki's, etc, etc, a good quality cotton T-shirt, 250-350 baht from A11Z, a nice pair of shades and an imitation 007 wrist watch.

When home, most days, short PJ's, singlet and a pair of good quality sandals for indoors. 

Never want to flaunt my wealth, when I want to take a babe, wearing the above, along with my height, build and hanhom European looks and accommodating smile seems to make them wanna love me long time ????

And then you double up on your 12 year old fino and stop by 711 for an evening cocktail.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Trujillo said:

"Being a muli-millionaire deserves you nothing. If you would be a nice guy, you would get attention from girls. "

I am a nice guy. Most if not all men I know here are nice guys. Clearly that's not the point. 

Being nice will get you a fraction of the 'respect' compared to being rich

Unless you live in a monastery where different values/rules apply

In Samsara, money talks.

On 2/7/2020 at 3:45 PM, Trujillo said:

So what kind of clothing should I be wearing? Do I need to go back to wearing a wristwatch? 

Should I be ordering the most expensive item on the menu? Should I put oil in my hair? 

Should I ring the bell every time I have another round myself? 

Please help. This sounds like a joke thread, but it's not, I assure you

How does a multi millionaire look?

Does Richard Branson look like a multi millionaire, or billionaire?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTzjuZgAf7h2Hf0Mv_jNl-images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGXZu8LzDb7tkSUODZCZP

Wearing a shirt and long jeans, and be relaxed, and act like you have everything under control, might be it.

Do I look like a multi millionaire?

I have long hair, but I'm shaved (no beard), I wear a shirt – and often light blue or white with long arms, when I'm in the nightlife or out a more lavish place for dinner or party, sometimes I also wear a black (tailored) jacket for a fine dinner-party or wedding – and always long jeans. I use Closed type sandals, which is acceptable dress code, even for entering Grand Palace; occasionally closed shoes.

When more relaxed I wear a shirt with short arms – like Camel brand style – and open (fairly cheap) sandals, but never flip-flops – and I'm never a walking advertising post for any company (they simply can't afford to buy space on me)...????

I got no problems being accepted – even I never flash money or gold; and wear a cheap brand, but a bit stylish simple looking wrist watch – and as I only in rare situations drink alcohol as I'm often driving, a soda with a slice of lemon might make a difference upwards towards hi-so life-style. When out for meals I order what I like, not because of price – I often don't like the expensive stuff and prefer to save the money...???? – because I don't need to make face. If I'm seriously interested in a chick – presume that's fairly similar to a babe, but might appear with smaller boobies – I'll always smile and offer a drink as an opener.

In general I'm relaxed – I'm always myself, and I have my own personal style (not pretending that I'm unique), I don't need to prove anything as I'm already there (multi millionaire...????), and I don't care too much about what others think – and I try to always be polite and smile, however a bit reserved; I'm not available for everybody.

My best advise: Find your own style, be yourself and relaxed, respect others, be polite and smile – and wai the right people – and act like you don't need to show anyone that you're a multi millionaire, because you are already...????

Genius-of-Capitalism-ta0201.png.4f7f5157eacf679a1aa83a2ecd1be307.png

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Trujillo said:

Let the right people in the neighborhood get a discrete impression of that you are really loaded – word of mouth will fly fast – then suddenly everybody will wai you, might even know your name and say »savadee ka/krap khun Trujillo«, and treat you like a V.I.P.

(I talk from experience...????)

• Haha 1