How to dress (and act) like a millionaire?

Trujillo

3 hours ago, rocketdave said:

I can't see how going to a bar that charges three for times the price for my beer is being smart,

Nowhere are you actually paying for the product but for the environment, the view, the ambience , the company or even exclusivity. 

In really exclusive places the drinks are not extortionate anyway. It is the joining fee that keeps it exclusive.

Like petrol. the price is the same it just costs more to put into a Ferrari than it does to put it into a Toyota because a Ferrari costs more than a Toyota

Edited by VocalNeal

3 minutes ago, BobbyL said:

With the Thai's fickleness towards cars I imagine driving a BMW or Merc will attract attention here. 

In the part of Thailand where I live, it's more like a Ferrari or Lamborghini that's needed to draw attention, way too many BMWs and Mercedes are rented by in reality penny-less foreigners that wish to make face for a few days, or a week...????

If I was a dollar multimillionaire I would be doing what I do in Spain and not here.

The government will soon realize this ..when it is the same as Europe in terms of  cost of living and price wise here.

They will lose the edge.....

Even at the stage they are at now if I was starting again from scratch I would not be doing it the same way.

Just now, khunPer said:

In the part of Thailand where I live, it's more like a Ferrari or Lamborghini that's needed to draw attention, way too many BMWs and Mercedes are rented by in reality penny-less foreigners that wish to make face for a few days, or a week...????

Well, if you're driving a Lambo then you are hi - so. I agree, every Tom, Dick or Harry could drive a BMW if they wanted to. 

• Like 1

Over here I drive a motor bike and sidecar thingy,

which attracts a different form of response from

the ladies, like smiles and, 'Ah sanook'.

More fun than a car, I assure you.

And no gold diggers interested.

Edited by talahtnut
addition
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, fittobethaied said:

I suggest business casual attire just like back in the Western world...a nice sport shirt (short or long-sleeved if under the A/C) tucked in neatly and ironed properly along with nice trousers also pressed properly....no polo shirts allowed. Wear business attire shoes that are neatly polished and show no wear and tear together with socks which match and a nice matching belt that always looks new and not worn. The important part is to practice good hygiene....clean-shaven (girls hate facial hair but will never tell you that), manicure/pedicure, stylish haircut with the neckline and ear hairs always neatly shaven. Pay close attention to your mouth and keep the breath always fresh. Make sure you present the "Colgate smile" and get your teeth fixed if they don't meet that standard. Michael Bloomberg is worth 62 Billion USD and his teeth look like a 100 year old horse which drastically detracts from his appearance....a real turn off indeed to women. Don't get tattoos, earrings or piercings, and hide them if you have them. If you have a pot belly....lose it....a real turn-off for women. Keep the crotch clean and lose the pubic hair....the ladies love that. Wear a nice but inexpensive watch and not a 200 Baht jogging watch with a plastic band. First impressions are everything; and you create perception based on how you look and act, so lose the vulgarity, practice good manners and always demonstrate male chivalry, for it is a sign of good upbringing and character. My recommendations are simple and inexpensive, and if you will apply this strategy you will be neater and more attractive and appealing than 99% of the farangs that are cruising around town in their flip-flops, gym shorts and tank tops. 

When I was running the red light districts of Manila back in the '80s, I even wore a double breasted suit and tie when I went out in the evenings. I was definitely the only one dressed to a T and the ladies flocked to me like white on rice. Good luck and happy hunting! 

86405670_2793728857355719_3174156474431569920_n.jpg

No wedding ring? Not working too well then.

• Haha 1

On 2/9/2020 at 2:54 AM, Number 6 said:

People with real money may or may not wear expensive clothing but if they do the trend for last twenty five years is not displaying the branding and everything understated. Little bit if personal jewelry, maybe. Of course in Thailand, it's simple people with garrish taste, new money so they like the branding. Even fakes as we know well.

Of course in Thailand you have not only fakes but women literally buy large fake Chanel pins and wear them.

I'd think I nice Italian shirt long or short sleeved, some nice Italian shoes. Swiss watch. Maybe a bit of gold. Great haircut if you have any left. A bit of quality cologne. Slacks are really for BKK but after work I'd rather be in shorts so, a nice pair of shorts (not cargo). Never, ever flip flops. Sandals, Top Siders, loafers.

Save the black shirts for funerals and never wear a shirt darker than your pants. Pants are the dominant color.

Good clothing at the right price looks great, lasts years. Top Siders can last decades, Italian shoes can be resoled. Swiss watch can last a lifetime. It just has to be you.

There's a difference between fashion and style. Men should be stylish yet up to date. Classic style never fades. Don't look ghetto is my last advice

That all sounds great for Americans, but not everyone is American.

15 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

That all sounds great for Americans, but not everyone is American.

I'd say that a fairly international look. Of course, the British have no idea how how dress well casually so they're excused.

Go ahead, tell us how it's done.

20 minutes ago, Fairynuff said:

I'd think I nice Italian shirt long or short sleeved, some nice Italian shoes. Swiss watch. Maybe a bit of gold. Great haircut if you have any left. A bit of quality cologne. Slacks are really for BKK but after work I'd rather be in shorts so, a nice pair of shorts (not cargo). Never, ever flip flops. Sandals, Top Siders, loafers.

And ready for a night out in Boyztown.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fittobethaied said:

I suggest business casual attire just like back in the Western world...a nice sport shirt (short or long-sleeved if under the A/C) tucked in neatly and ironed properly along with nice trousers also pressed properly....no polo shirts allowed. Wear business attire shoes that are neatly polished and show no wear and tear together with socks which match and a nice matching belt that always looks new and not worn. The important part is to practice good hygiene....clean-shaven (girls hate facial hair but will never tell you that), manicure/pedicure, stylish haircut with the neckline and ear hairs always neatly shaven. Pay close attention to your mouth and keep the breath always fresh. Make sure you present the "Colgate smile" and get your teeth fixed if they don't meet that standard. Michael Bloomberg is worth 62 Billion USD and his teeth look like a 100 year old horse which drastically detracts from his appearance....a real turn off indeed to women. Don't get tattoos, earrings or piercings, and hide them if you have them. If you have a pot belly....lose it....a real turn-off for women. Keep the crotch clean and lose the pubic hair....the ladies love that. Wear a nice but inexpensive watch and not a 200 Baht jogging watch with a plastic band. First impressions are everything; and you create perception based on how you look and act, so lose the vulgarity, practice good manners and always demonstrate male chivalry, for it is a sign of good upbringing and character. My recommendations are simple and inexpensive, and if you will apply this strategy you will be neater and more attractive and appealing than 99% of the farangs that are cruising around town in their flip-flops, gym shorts and tank tops. 

When I was running the red light districts of Manila back in the '80s, I even wore a double breasted suit and tie when I went out in the evenings. I was definitely the only one dressed to a T and the ladies flocked to me like white on rice. Good luck and happy hunting! 

86405670_2793728857355719_3174156474431569920_n.jpg

This is way overkill for Bangkok. A shirt and tie for work, ok.  That jacket looks hot and heavy.  Photo appears to have something to do with Thailand, not Philippines.

I'm with you on the no belly or tattoo thing though. Smart people with money don't get tattooed.

7 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

And ready for a night out in Boyztown

We'll tell us all about it bare knuckle gypsy boxer. Is that what the urban Thai women crave in a man? Half your teeth from brawling, a singlet and a bad case of body odor?

Why are you such a chick magnet?

Edited by Number 6

Just now, Number 6 said:

We'll tell us all about it bare knuckle gypsy boxer.

It's all about what comes out of my mouth. Maybe a bit about what comes out of my pants too, I always wear loose fitting chino shorts with no underwear. Access all areas for the girls. Works for me.

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

It's all about what comes out of my mouth. Maybe a bit about what comes out of my pants too, I always wear loose fitting chino shorts with no underwear. Access all areas for the girls. Works for me.

It's illegal to go out NOT wearing underwear in Thailand.  FACT.

I have your location, swat team.................get in place!!!!!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ventenio said:

It's illegal to go out NOT wearing underwear in Thailand.  FACT.

I have your location, swat team.................get in place!!!!!!

Yes I know. Was once needing to try on a pair of chino shorts in Big C, no changing rooms availiable so I dived between the racks. Wife went ballistic. Well, if you've got it, flaunt it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

It's all about what comes out of my mouth.

Oh, ok. Got it. You sweet talk the women right out of their panties and into bed. Rrrrrright. Your pak wan + 3000b maybe.

I too wouldn't be wearing what I'd advised, but that wasn't the question. I prefer shorts myself but they definitely are looked down upon in Bangkok even with nice shoes and a collared shirt.

11 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

We'll tell us all about it bare knuckle gypsy boxer. Is that what the urban Thai women crave in a man? Half your teeth from brawling, a singlet and a bad case of body odor?

Oh, nice editing. Butt hurt much? Have all my own teeth, full head of hair, original colour and don't own any singlet vests. Use a paticular brand of co-ordinated shower gel, deoderant spray and after shave, not availiable in Thailand. Never mix smellies, big mistake.

8 hours ago, Trujillo said:

but if you want to be respected and treated better, you need to project that. 

If you want to be respected, behave like one who is worth to be.

But first my advice would be: get professional help.

And as long as you can denounce overstayers by a phone call you don't have to be dressed like the millionaer you would like to be.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

Oh, ok. Got it. You sweet talk the women right out of their panties and into bed. Rrrrrright. Your pak wan + 3000b maybe.

I too wouldn't be wearing what I'd advised, but that wasn't the question. I prefer shorts myself but they definitely are looked down upon in Bangkok even with nice shoes and a collared shirt.

The only change to my normal attire (polo shirt, chino shorts and good quality deck shoes) when I'm in Bangkok is an Indian cotton collarless shirt, short sleeved or sleeves partially rolled up. Never had a problem being looked down upon. If a Thai looked down on me I'd be confident in the fact that it should be me looking down on them (not that I ever would).