How to dress (and act) like a millionaire?

Trujillo

6 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Oh, nice editing. Butt hurt much? Have all my own teeth, full head of hair, original colour and don't own any singlet vests. Use a paticular brand of co-ordinated shower gel, deoderant spray and after shave, not availiable in Thailand. Never mix smellies, big mistake.

Not at all.

People with money don't wear scent unless it's aftershave or cologne. Even then it's pretty out of fashion (in US). Lemme guess...by your posts I'm going with AXE. I'm sure the mossies love you upcountry there. Also the boyz.

Edited by Number 6

15 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Yes I know. Was once needing to try on a pair of chino shorts in Big C, no changing rooms availiable so I dived between the racks. Wife went ballistic. Well, if you've got it, flaunt it.

Free-ballin is the way to go (in the tropics)

It allows me to wear long pants w/o getting hot

Trimming the nether regions also helps

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Not at all.

People with money don't wear scent unless it's aftershave or cologne. Even then it's pretty out of fashion (in US). Lemme guess...by your posts I'm going with AXE. I'm sure the mossies love you upcountry there. Also the boyz.

Blokes with heaps of dough don't care about fashion,

they make the fashion, for some lesser individuals

who worry about such things.

• Like 2

Looking good will still not get you far if you are fat or old, but even more important: if you are still not spending a lot.

The looks are only a first impression (which matters just a bit). 

But ok; no flip flops, army pattern shorts or over sized shorts + lame t-shirt. 
Just some decent sneakers / shoes + shorts and a proper shirt (perhaps ironed as well) and maybe a simple but nice watch, makes a big difference temporary.

Even just the shoes, proper shorts and a normal t-shirt should be fine actually.
Makes a difference. Some good parfum will be even better, Thais love good smelling people.

Over dressing can ruin things too, certainly if it doesn't match the place you visit.
Neither does this has be expensive, shoes might be 2-3K baht and shorts are a few hundred only. A nice shirt can be as little as 1K baht.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 6:32 AM, baansgr said:

Exactly, be and dress how you want..trying to be something you ain't never works and is so transparent anyway

WOW! That's strong, and applicable to so many comments made by some members of TVF.

Very reminiscent of an old Platters tune: The Great Pretender

On 2/8/2020 at 5:00 AM, mike787 said:

When you have cash...everyone wants you...

Preeyanuch-The-Killer-Money-1.jpg

Preeyanuch Nonwangchai would want you. This babe would give you a night in paradise, then a week in the freezer (in 3 pieces)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6262579/thailand-murder-babes-killed-karaoke-bar-colleague-jailed/

• Like 1

On 2/7/2020 at 9:45 PM, Trujillo said:

I like to wear T-shirts and shorts, or if it's not blisteringly hot, jeans.

On 2/7/2020 at 9:45 PM, Trujillo said:

So what kind of clothing should I be wearing?

I just love the hot weather here and all that goes with it, like short skirts, tank tops or the occasional skimpy T-shirt....... mind you, they do make me look a bit gay!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, JustAnotherHun said:

If you want to be respected, behave like one who is worth to be.

But first my advice would be: get professional help.

And as long as you can denounce overstayers by a phone call you don't have to be dressed like the millionaer you would like to be.

+1

12 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

A frequent visitor I'm certain

Paris. been many times, Milan twice, London, too many to count.

Italians are the most stylish people on the planet. Once saw a female cop in Palermo, police uniform, obviously tailored for a better fit, little pill box police hat with cascades of long blonde hear falling out of it and......red stilletos! Pure class.

Often it's not what you wear, it's how you wear it.

Edited by DannyCarlton

31 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I just love the hot weather here and all that goes with it, like short skirts, tank tops or the occasional skimpy T-shirt....... mind you, they do make me look a bit gay!

The Pattaya skint <deleted> uniform:

Shorty shorts

T-shirt or singlet

Bathroom flip-flops b50

Imagine this applies in CM as well hahahaha

13 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Italians are the most stylish people on the planet. Once saw a female cop in Palermo, police uniform, obviously tailored for a better fit, little pill box police hat with cascades of long blonde hear falling out of it and......red stilletos! Pure class.

No question that Italy is the place to look good ... Money or no money ...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Only Russians wear "shorty shorts". Only Aussies wear thongs. Have you ever been to Pattaya?

Lived there five months a year for five years 2002-7.

They're not making a fashion statement, just totally skint and would walk around naked if they could simply so they don't have to spend money on anything but b300 Beach road hookers, little boys in shorty shorts, Khao mun gai, 3500 for their flat.

Must have been a dozen of those weirdos along Beach Rd daily.

Edited by Number 6

10 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Lived there five months a year for five years 2002-7.

They're not making a fashion statement, just totally skint and would walk around naked if they could simply so they don't have to spend money on anything but b300 Beach road hookers, little boys in shorty shorts, Khao min gain, 3500 for their flat.

Must have been a dozen of those weirdos along Beach Rd daily.

Times have changed, you're talking about Pattaya of yesteryear. Try getting a girl on Beach Road for anywhere near 300 baht now, for a start. Or maybe you only took old haggard ladyboys. No "shorty shorts" either.  "Khao min gain"? Do you mean khao man gai? Had it for lunch a couple of days ago, very nice. You sound like a total snob.

Enjoy your fantasy.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 2

Reminds me a little of the bloke in our Bangkok Suburb back in the 1990s.

I suppose to the casual eye, he could be described as 'scruffy'. Hair down to his backside, though always clean and well looked after, Cargo Shorts, always clean, usually a band T shirts as he was a hardcore 'Metalhead'.

He had a good job, obviously had a few quid, well-spoken in a way which smacked of the British Upper-Classes, pretty proficient in Thai language as well as well clued up to the culture and country in general. He seemed to spurn the 'good things' in life. Lived in a fairly basic shoebox studio in a pleasant condo, yet would bemoan the fact that he couldn't seem to find a lady.

He confided the extent of his wealth to myself and a pal one night (large private income from his family combined with a very healthy salary), so naturally we told him to flaunt it a little and not live so modestly. He told us he'd had everything he'd needed all his life, yet for the first time he felt he was living as he chose to do, yet when he splashed out on a flash motor car, moved into a very upmarket flat, his backside was (apparently) like the proverbial sewing machine.

He never changed his appearance, so all this talk of clothes is nonsense, but when he pulled up at his favourite places in his posh car (I think a Bentley, but one car is like another to me) or invited people to his flashy flat, he couldn't keep the crumpet off him. He is now in the UK again with his Thai wife, I pop to see him every now and again to chat over old times, he doesn't regret ever splashing the cash which in his words led to a good ten years of 'humping hot chicks' , so therein lies your answer. 

Edited by IvorLott

57 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Agreed,they do know how to dress well in Sicily.

I make it a point to dress like a filthy tramp when I take my car to the garage for servicing...also when I go out shopping for quotes for furniture or heavy duty appliances. Always get the best deals.????...same when people come over to the house to do the gardening or service the pool..

....before the trolls jump to contradict, dress with respect when dealing with the nut cases behind their counters either in banks or immigration...definately...but you get the point I'm sure...there is a difference and always reason in dressing either humbly, or poorly, or with respect and sometimes rich, trendy and fashionably.....each has it's own context...up to you not to be stupid and adapt the attire.

Dress like a millionaire fool and you will be cheated like a fool. Dress like a millionaire nut and you will only attract females after your money..IMHO of course and no hard feelings

Edited by observer90210
  • Like 1