Dinner the other night

poppysdad

Feb 7, 2020, 3:05 AM

An experience a few nights  ago. I’m not going to name the place because the owners are a lovely couple and proudly hang a Tripadvisor Good Food diploma on the wall. Anyway it’s just a shack but well supported especially by overwintering scandi’s as there are a lot of developments around, no air conditioning just a few floor fans but the mossies love the place but if you can grab a fan, mossies prefer still air. We’re regulars for the last couple of years but slowly but surely I was going off the place. Two weeks ago we grabbed the last table but the fans were all claimed, my wife looking upwards drew my attention to the huge cloud of mossies and they were heading for us but our food was delivered and the mossies went straight for it flying in and out my breadcrumbed prawn salad. My wife who isn’t the slightest bit squeamish was rummaging through my lettuce to get the things out and then the pleasure of squashing them. But they kept coming surely the owners can see what is happening. I discarded the salad and looked at my prawns and eat the first one but as I picked up the next there were at least 2 mossies were cooked into the bread crumbs my wife tries to dig them out but I said leave it I’m not hungry we got our bill which was cheap but I ain’t going back ever.