BANGKOK
docspinoff

uK state pension statement letter

hi i know the UK embassy no longer issue UK state pension statement letters.  to show how much we get . but there must be another way of getting this information .. i do have a old letter saying how much i get .. but surely there must be away of getting an up to date statement for immigration . or will a letter from 4 years a go .   trying to  get visa based  on UK statement money ....   also i hear whatever money i get, it does not go up with inflation like if i lived in the UK ? is this correct? 

"also i hear whatever money i get, it does not go up with inflation like if i lived in the UK ? is this correct?

Yes, UK age pension  is frozen once you inform UK Pensions that you reside overseas(Thailand). Not sure how this affects someone who spends time in UK and Thailand. Your original post which Ubonjoe answered is unclear whether you are here(Thailand) wanting an extension or elsewhere wanting a visa. If you are here on an extension, then as UJ says 12months income of 65K+ needs to be shown to immigration if you use the monthly income method. There are plenty of threads on here showing how you prove the monthly income.

Edited by thetefldon
add info

5 minutes ago, thetefldon said:

"also i hear whatever money i get, it does not go up with inflation like if i lived in the UK ? is this correct?

Yes, UK age pension  is frozen once you inform UK Pensions that you reside overseas(Thailand). Not sure how this affects someone who spends time in UK and Thailand. Your original post which Ubonjoe answered is unclear whether you are here(Thailand) wanting an extension or elsewhere wanting a visa. If you are here on an extension, then as UJ says 12months income of 65K+ needs to be shown to immigration if you use the monthly income method. There are plenty of threads on here showing how you prove the monthly income.

Just for the sake of completeness, 40k p.m. if seeking to extend based on marriage.

...and to state the obvious, the UK state pension alone will not meet the criteria.

Edited by Jip99
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, docspinoff said:

also i hear whatever money i get, it does not go up with inflation like if i lived in the UK ? is this correct? 

I am afraid this is correct for those living in Thailand, no 'cost of living' increases.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

I doubt a UK state pension would meet the income requirements for an extension of stay.

3 minutes ago, Mr Smithy said:

I doubt a UK state pension would meet the income requirements for an extension of stay.

It might if he had money on deposit too. 

• Like 2

I did a marriage extension using the income method in August. I satisfied the IO that I had meet the income requirements, however he did ask to see 'proof of sustainable income' which in my case is 3 pensions. Others have reported the same request at other offices.

Fortunately I had a letter from DWP stating my current pension as well as my annual statements from the other 2. The letter was a couple of years old. (it was one I'd used to get my embassy income letter) However he accepted it but he'll want to see a new one this year.

It's not a problem though. You simply write to DWP at the IPC requesting a 'proof of income' letter. You can explain, as I do, why you want it if you wish. The last time I asked for one it took 2 months to arrive, so allow plenty of time.

Edited by Moonlover
  • Like 1

I did mine at Jomtien 10 days ago. They accepted my state pension award notice which was dated

Go on internet and register for government gateway you will get all the information you need and more, but not sure if you can register while abroad but worth a try 

Yes you can obtain an up

to date statement from the DWP via the UK Government web site having registered 

23 hours ago, Surelynot said:

No, we are talking about MONTHLY income, not in the bank.

49 minutes ago, cauldlad said:

I did mine at Jomtien 10 days ago. They accepted my state pension award notice which was dated

So how much WAS your State Pension Award in 2016. Certainly not over Bht 40k for marriage extension, or 65k for retirement.

Of course the state pension is not enough by itself but I also have a works pension and the two together are well over the 65k requirment for my retirement extension.

• Like 2