uK state pension statement letter

On 2/8/2020 at 5:55 AM, thetefldon said:

"also i hear whatever money i get, it does not go up with inflation like if i lived in the UK ? is this correct?

Yes, UK age pension  is frozen once you inform UK Pensions that you reside overseas(Thailand). Not sure how this affects someone who spends time in UK and Thailand. Your original post which Ubonjoe answered is unclear whether you are here(Thailand) wanting an extension or elsewhere wanting a visa. If you are here on an extension, then as UJ says 12months income of 65K+ needs to be shown to immigration if you use the monthly income method. There are plenty of threads on here showing how you prove the monthly income.

U can spend how much time u like outside of uk it do not affect your pension only the pay rising  but if u are on pension credit is part of your pension they will stop at they cannot stop any of your pension being outside uk and if u was in the uk they will send a statement every year how much u get on u have address in u.k  and your pension is not frozen and at is 100% guarantee they cannot and I mean they cannot stop your pension u have work for it because I know because I have phone the pension people up and they told me they cannot stop your pension because u do give in uk if u are getting pension they will stop what ever they pay u in pension credit  because u live in thailand they can stop the pay rise like now it go up in april from £168.68 at the full pension to £175 so it best u dont tell them u are live in thailand or at mean they will pay u the rise so anyone who tell u they freeze your pension they are full of <deleted> it's your and u work for it and they cannot stop ok 100% believe me it's not frozen only if they are pay u pension and pension credit it a credit up u are short of stamp they make your pension up with at payments government say u need so much to live on so dont believe what people tell u ok I know I have spoken to them if u dont believe me phone them up

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Like the meter on your taxis eh Mike?

They cannot stop your pension and at is a 100% guarantee u have work for it and pay in to it  there must be other reason they are not paying u or u have not enough stamps I will tell u something I had to phone them up and i phone from thailand and it a international number so when she answer she said your aboard i said your where she I said thailand or why didnt u inform us u was going  away I said I didnt know I said or she said just in case we they to contact u or she want to know went come to thailand I was stay 6 month or she said maybe we over pay u there will be a letter when u get home so I come think I was in trouble home early no letter weekend go by no letter so I phone them up and I spoke to a guy and he told me she must have thought I was on pension credit at why she said they maybe over pay me but I dont get pension credit I get a full pension and the guy said to me if u live in thailand or where ever the only thing u will not get is the pay rise and 100% he said they cannot  stop your pension if u are live in a different country they cannot stop it u work for it and u pay in to it from this day I never had at letter they say if I go to Thailand for 6 month to inform them at he said at be best if u are not getting your pension there a reason and it's not because your live in thailand

7 hours ago, mikebell said:

My state pension has been frozen for 12 years. Iniquitous.

Simple reason why your pension have been frozen because u told them u was live in thailand there was no need for u to tell them they would not have known unless somebody told them when u are with pension they dont bother u they leave u not like the dole when they are on your case  and u must have a uk bank account for them to pay it in  why pay it in to a thai bank account just tranfer with tranferwise in to a thai account 

15 hours ago, Woolsgibb60 said:

Simple reason why your pension have been frozen because u told them u was live in thailand there was no need for u to tell them they would not have known unless somebody told them when u are with pension they dont bother u they leave u not like the dole when they are on your case  and u must have a uk bank account for them to pay it in  why pay it in to a thai bank account just tranfer with tranferwise in to a thai account 

When I came to Thailand I was still a patriot:  I even sent my cold weather allowance back which they paid me in error.  In retrospect, I have now lost my finer feelings and would keep silent if I had my time over again.

My pension IS paid into my UK account and I DO use Transferwise every couple of months.