Tourist Visa From Vientienne - Last Time Got Warning

Hi Guys - i am worried about my next application for tourist visa.  My visa history for last couple of years.....

Oct 2017 - ED Visa (Vientienne)

Oct 2018 - ED Visa denied (reason - applying twice in same calender year).  Tourist Visa granted instead.  Remark Stamp in passport - "The holder of this passport travels to Thailand often on tourist visa and may be refused in the future" (Vientienne)

Jan 2019 - ED Visa (Vientienne)
Jan 2020 - Tourist Visa (Kuala Lumpur)

Next month i am heading back to Vientienne for another tourist visa. 

I am worried though i may be refused this time.

Do you think i will be refused (considering i have this remark stamp etc)?

Should i take financial proof, onward ticket, hotel bookings, etc - as was required in KL, or do Vientienne not ask for that?

I am 48 and from UK

With the void stamp you won't get a setv 

IMO pretty much anywhere.

2 separate report of guys flying into CNX and the other into U-TAPAO with void stamps and obtaining 30 day VE.

You have 2 border entries available also.

Edited by DrJack54

Thanks for the replies guys.  My date to travel to VTN is about 4 weeks away, so not enough time to get a new passport. 

I am surprised people expect me to be denied a tourist visa.  i have only had 2 such visas in a 2 year 5 month period.  Surely i am allowed to receive one more.....

I will take bank book with me showing adequate funds.  My flights etc are booked now so will just have to chance it.  I guess if i get refused i will at least be allowed to re-enter thailand at the friendship bridge with a Stamp On Arrival.  Maybe then i can go back to KL and try my luck there

21 minutes ago, UKJASE said:

My date to travel to VTN is about 4 weeks away, so not enough time to get a new passport. 

Average time to get a UK passport is around 2 to 3 weeks.

You might able to get one if you were able to make an appointment for this week.

Go through the steps here for info. https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, UKJASE said:

Thanks for the replies guys.  My date to travel to VTN is about 4 weeks away, so not enough time to get a new passport. 

I am surprised people expect me to be denied a tourist visa.  i have only had 2 such visas in a 2 year 5 month period.  Surely i am allowed to receive one more.....

I will take bank book with me showing adequate funds.  My flights etc are booked now so will just have to chance it.  I guess if i get refused i will at least be allowed to re-enter thailand at the friendship bridge with a Stamp On Arrival.  Maybe then i can go back to KL and try my luck there

You will be denied ...prepare a Plan B...but NOT in Laos...or Cambodia...or in Vietnam. 

22 minutes ago, baansgr said:

Expensive, time consuming and dosnt help anyway

Why do you think it would not help?

It has worked for many people that had a lot of visas in their passport for a embassy or consulate to see in their existing passport.

It does not help for entering the country due to immigration linking the old and new passports.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It has worked for many people that had a lot of visas in their passport for a embassy or consulate to see in their existing passport.

It does not help for entering the country due to immigration linking the old and new passports.

The problem may arise if the Embassy ask to see financial proof , a Thai bank statement .

If you have a new "clean" passport and then shoe a statement which shows you have been in Thailand longer than your passport states .

I could be in that situation soon , applying for a Thai visa in Laos with a new passport and then having to show a Thai bank statement with years of activity .

What would they do then ? 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

The problem may arise if the Embassy ask to see financial proof , a Thai bank statement .

If you have a new "clean" passport and then shoe a statement which shows you have been in Thailand longer than your passport states .

I could be in that situation soon , applying for a Thai visa in Laos with a new passport and then having to show a Thai bank statement with years of activity .

What would they do then ? 

That's a valid concern. I'd show them a bank statement from back home instead. That's what I've always done anyway. Here's why: Much as I - personally - think that a local bank account is useful for a frequent visitor, a narrow-minded official might well be of the opinion that a "real tourist" doesn't have a Thai bank account. I don't want to get into that kind of argument.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, UKJASE said:

Even leaving aside that you've spent a lot of time in Thailand on ED visa, which doesn't look good in the current climate, I think having a remark stamp in itself is and would always have been a real killer. Even many years ago, long before the latest crackdowns, people who had such a remark stamp were unable to get another SETV. That (in itself) could and still can be remedied by getting a new passport.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

For that reason, that as passports are linked, wouldn't the OP be denied entry?

• Confused 1

Op you have been here years from what I remember of your posts haven’t you got property and a misses here,,,maybe time to get married ,2 years till you can get retirement visa means visa worries for 2 more years.

Edited by taninthai
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

There is no doubt you will be refused if you have that remark in your current PP

There are stories on here about people being refused at Vientiane with a sparser history than yours, and without the dreaded stamp. Make sure you know what you will do if you are denied.

Edited by SteveK
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, taninthai said:

Op you have been here years from what I remember of your posts haven’t you got property and a misses here,,,maybe time to get married ,2 years till you can get retirement visa means visa worries for 2 more years.

i was married buddy - but now divorced.  hence now back on the visa run around ????

3 hours ago, darrendsd said:

There is no doubt you will be refused if you have that remark in your current PP

Even without it you would probably be refused anyway with your history

As others have said it's new PP time - it's worked for me in the past and many others

Why don't you consider doing a land border bounce first that will give you a total of 60 days which is ample time to get a new PP then after that applying for a TV

Kanchanaburi is a friendly crossing - look up Whatchara Kongtaen on FB he can help with any issues at the border if any do arise

the only reason i think i may get another tourist visa, even though i have the dreaded stamp, is that i was issued one last month in KL.  That, and the fact i have only had two in a 2 and 1/2 year period.  Although being on a ED visa the rest of the time may count against me.

The flight is booked now anyway, and the thai girlfriend is coming with me, so if i dont get the visa, i will just do the Stamp on Arrival at friendship bridge, then get back to KL and hopefully get one more TR from them

One thing that may go in my favour is that the dreaded stamp is half covered up by the visa sticker they gave me, so they may not see it......  a small chance i know, but a chance none the less.

Will report back how i get on - it seems like it is a lottery up there anyway - so who really knows ????

• Like 1

Getting a new UK passport is really quick at Bangkok (Trendy Building).  Even though they have advised 4 weeks I have used it 3 times (me and the kids) and each time was max of 10 days.

I had to get a new passport for my 7 year old for the same reason as you. Too many tourist visas and 30 day stamps - yes even for a 7 year old! (homeschooled so no ed visa). We were stopped and pulled into a side room on several occasions explaining how they will let her through this time but she needs a better visa.  The new passport stopped those incidences for a while and in the end we just got her an Elite visa.

I'd advise getting a new UK passport this week if you have the funds and all those pesky scribbles on the stamps go away for awhile.

• Thanks 1

Question:  OK, say you get rejected but you have a motorbike and a good amount of luggage still in Thailand.  Do you normally get 7 days to get your stuff, or are you really stuck?  I wish I had only a small bag, but that's impossible for me.  

I don't think I'll to worry about this until at least May, and likely not until August....BUT I would leave my stuff in Thailand before going to Laos.  

1 hour ago, Ventenio said:

Question:  OK, say you get rejected but you have a motorbike and a good amount of luggage still in Thailand.  Do you normally get 7 days to get your stuff, or are you really stuck?  I wish I had only a small bag, but that's impossible for me.  

I don't think I'll to worry about this until at least May, and likely not until August....BUT I would leave my stuff in Thailand before going to Laos.  

Best to keep one visa exempt border entry up your sleeve. You can do 2 per calendar year. If your visa application is rejected in Laos then enter Thailand visa exempt at border. That would give you time to consider next move.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ventenio said:

Question:  OK, say you get rejected but you have a motorbike and a good amount of luggage still in Thailand.  Do you normally get 7 days to get your stuff, or are you really stuck?

No you do not get 7 days. If you can’t get back in the country with a visa or visa exemption you are stuck.