Bars Now Allowed Later Hours in CM

AAArdvark

2 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

How much to pay to the police? The law hasn´t changed. Clubs like Spicy, Warm Up and so on are open till late - and they have to pay a lot for that.

The time beyond 01:30 is now the paid time.  The time which was added is free and supposedly came from the "Big Boss" according to the police who were making the rounds.  The consensus seems to be they will stay open until 01:30 IF there are customers.  

7 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

The time beyond 01:30 is now the paid time.  The time which was added is free and supposedly came from the "Big Boss" according to the police who were making the rounds.  The consensus seems to be they will stay open until 01:30 IF there are customers.  

Hopefully the "Big Boss" knows about it ????

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, CNXexpat said:

Chiang Mai has no beer bar/gogo scene like Pattaya and the tourists don´t want/expect them. So it´s nonsense to compare this cities.

Spotlight, Foxy Lady, Star 6 for gogos, a few VIP showers, Sayuri Entertainment & PingPayom Coffee shop soapies. Zoe Yellow, Spicy, The Lounge freelancer joints.

How many do you need? 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Spotlight, Foxy Lady, Star 6 for gogos, a few VIP showers, Sayuri Entertainment & PingPayom Coffee shop soapies. Zoe Yellow, Spicy freelancer joints.

How many do you need? 

The 3 gogos are mostly empty, the soapies are mostly out of the tourist area, same as the "massage" places (except the ones in Loy Kroh and around, they also give serious massages). And it´s nothing compared with Pattaya. In Zoe and Spicy you can find freelancers, but they are not very famous for that.

37 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Actually, what hours businesses operate is nothing to do with the government. Or shouldn't be. The duty of any government is to protect its citizens, and that doesn't include dictating what time people can conduct their business or enjoy their social life. Or shouldn't.

Maybe they shouldn't  but just about every country does.

4 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

The 3 gogos are mostly empty, the soapies are mostly out of the tourist area,

Foxy Lady was packed out at 8pm a few months back, (a tourist friend insisted we call in) every table full, and there were dozens of slim and attractive women dancing. PingPayom is at the end of Niman, one VIP shower is opposite PongPing Tower, hardly 'out of the tourist area'

Edited by BritManToo

Doesn't really matter to me, I'm over the bar scene.

Having said that, IMO extending hours to 1.30 am may ( repeat may ) make CM more attractive to younger tourists. They are barely warmed up by midnight.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Foxy Lady was packed out at 8pm a few months back, (a tourist friend insisted we call in) every table full, and there were dozens of slim and attractive women dancing. PingPayom is at the end of Niman, one VIP shower is opposite PongPing Tower, hardly 'out of the tourist area'

Spotlight was always nearly empty when I was there. And the CM gogos are like a kindergarden compared with the Pattaya ones. 
VIP shower is easy to find for tourists and it´s easy to see what they do. But you can pass PingPayom 100 times and you don´t know what happens inside. For sure tourists will not find instead they start to google it.

Let´s say, CM has a scene like every other bigger city all over the world, but not like Pattaya, Bangkok and Phuket.

Edited by CNXexpat

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Doesn't really matter to me, I'm over the bar scene.

Having said that, IMO extending hours to 1.30 am may ( repeat may ) make CM more attractive to younger tourists. They are barely warmed up by midnight.

Me too, home in bed by 9pm these days.

But sometimes a pal over from the UK wants to take a look.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I don't know as I've never been to a Pattaya gogo.

"the CM gogos are like a kindergarden compared with the Pattaya ones."  A friend told me ????

Edited by CNXexpat
  • Haha 1

There is enough but of course, not close to Pattaya.

Certain Pats gogos can get pretty nasty have not seen that here.

As far as the massage places maybe I know the secret places in and around LK road?  I doubt it, but know of at least 10 places that take care much more then just massage  Look for the ones wearing jeans or dresses not uniforms.   There are also a few across the moat extending thru LK road.

Edited by bkk6060

23 hours ago, AAArdvark said:

I think it was the minister of tourism who last year (or 2018, I'm not sure) suggested that bars should be able to stay open until 2am and even later in Pattaya. I haven't heard anything about it since I read it in The Nation.