Updating TM30 at CM immigration

jackdd

2 hours ago, jctv1944 said:

Can anyone please help me with some info regarding TM30?  Do I need a TM30 if I move into my Thai girlfriends house and live there?  If I need one, who signs for it?

Thanks

JCicero

Technically, yes and she (as owner) would need to sign the original TM30 filing. But, if you have no need for any extension at CM Immigration (or, perhaps, any other service there), don't bother; otherwise, probably ought to get one filed (it isn't that difficult).  

Edited by CMBob
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/14/2020 at 7:19 AM, jctv1944 said:

Can anyone please help me with some info regarding TM30?  Do I need a TM30 if I move into my Thai girlfriends house and live there?  If I need one, who signs for it?

Thanks

JCicero

Even though it might not be necessary for YOU (some IOs don't enforce TM30 compliance anymore for services like an extension of stay), it is your girlfriend as owner of the house where you are living that it is required to notify IO of you staying there (just like any hotel or guesthouse is supposed to do).  Failing to do so might result in a 2.000 THB fine per night per foreigner staying at her place.

So in order to avoid any potential problems (e.g. unfriendly neighbors informing IO about you staying there), it's recommended to be in compliance.  You can register on her behalf and file your TM30s on-line, it's easy if you know how to do it.

>> I PM-ed you a comprehensive step-by-step instruction on how to register on the IO TM30 website and subsequently file your TM30s on-line.

To access your PM-messages just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in tho the Forum.