Thailand reports seven new coronavirus cases - health ministry

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Well unless its changed in the past day or so the WHO advised against countries closing borders.... they said it would just lead to people trying to get in unoffically.

Its strange the Health Minister gets pummelled for handing out masks with people quoting the WHO as sayinh they are largely uneffective.

The health minister does not close the boarders as per WHO advise and he is slated for it as well.

What is he supposed to do...

See the post above yours. #119

Edited by DannyCarlton

1 minute ago, DannyCarlton said:

No but I know more about the WHO than you.

The Director General is Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus an Ethiopian politician. China has poured large amounts of cash into Ethiopia and has virtually bought Ethiopia. For Tendros they are beyond criticism.

Throughout the crisis he has played down any blame/sanctions against China.

https://www.businessinsider.com/world-health-organization-china-coronavirus-worsens-experts-paint-darker-picture-2020-2?r=US&IR=T

"The WHO keeps sticking up for China as the coronavirus gets worse and experts paint a far darker picture"

Of course you are so knowlegdable..... why would anyone at the start of a crisis spend their time pointing blame and discussing sanctions.. its utterly pointless and would do nothing to help the situation. Blame, sanctions or whatever else can be apportioned later, luckily cool heads at the WHO are looking to manage the situation not spending time and effort on sanctions and blame which would he utterly pointless at this stage. This is not the playground... its time for rationale heads not immature playground antics.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Of course you are so knowlegdable..... why would anyone at the start of a crisis spend their time pointing blame and discussing sanctions.. its utterly pointless and would do nothing to help the situation. Blame, sanctions or whatever else can be apportioned later, luckily cool heads at the WHO are looking to manage the situation not spending time and effort on sanctions and blame which would he utterly pointless at this stage. This is not the playground... its time for rationale heads not immature playground antics.

No this is about China giving backhanders to the WHO Director General to do their bidding.

Did you read the link I provided?

Edited by DannyCarlton

4 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

No this is about China giving backhanders to the WHO Director General to do their bidding.

Did you read the link I provided?

Yes i read it. Its an opinion of someone... everyone has a right to an opinion. You are simply picking an opinion piece which suits your view. You can find figures, article to suppoirt any view you want. Like you , i dont know Tendros at all but i presume the fact he is head of the WHO suggests he is a highly competent individual. The WHO has 1000s of people workimg for it, researching, advising etc. I would hope it serious situations the organazation can remain professoonal and apolitical. I dont see what there is to gain by openly criticiz8ng China... what good could it do?

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, smutcakes said:

Yes i read it. Its an opinion of someone... everyone has a right to an opinion. You are simply picking an opinion piece which suits your view. You can find figures, article to suppoirt any view you want. Like you , i dont know Tendros at all but i presume the fact he is head of the WHO suggests he is a highly competent individual. The WHO has 1000s of people workimg for it, researching, advising etc. I would hope it serious situations the organazation can remain professoonal and apolitical. I dont see what there is to gain by openly criticiz8ng China... what good could it do?

It's not about criticising China (you obviously didn't read the link).

It's not one person's opinion, it's the opinion of a number of leading experts.

Their advice on not closing borders benefits one country only.....China. Otherwise it makes no sense at all. Fortunately a number of countries are now ignoring that advice.

Edited by DannyCarlton
  • Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 2:16 PM, samuttodd said:

The point is,  you can not stop living to avoid death.   The show must go on. 

The bad guys are all going to their deep underground bases.    They will come out when it is over.    Be waiting for them when they emerge.

Really? That's the only point? 

How about the point of protecting yourself and others by doing what you can such as washing hands frequently, wearing a face mask, and avoiding crowds. 

These measures don't guarantee you won't be infected or infect others but at least make an effort please. 

Cynacism, false bravado, and defeatism is definitely not the point. 

Edited by RocketDog
Addition
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, RocketDog said:

Really? That's the only point? 

How about the point of protecting yourself and others by doing what you can such as washing hands frequently, wearing a face mask, and avoiding crowds. 

These measures don't guarantee you won't be infected or infect others but at least make an effort please. 

Cynacism, false bravado, and defeatism is definitely not the point. 

Yes,  it is the only point,  there are no other points involved in any way.    You must think that the people on here are a bunch of <deleted> idots.  

The points you made i have made previously in this very thread.   

Edited by samuttodd

5 minutes ago, tomauasia said:

Prayut won't be happy until half the population are dead..All Chinese should be deported immediately on 1 plane just for them

Stop all Chinese entering ban them 

Would have to be a bloody big plane, there are currently 100,000 of them in Thailand.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, elliss said:

We need a self help group on Tvforum .

Absolutely.

We must stock up with reishi wine, cannabis oil and GcMAF.

These will sort out anything the bio-labs can throw at us.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The Thai Dept. of Disease Control has continued to update their daily situation report in TH language, with the latest being for yest. Feb. 7 at this point. But as you've noted, for some reason, they stopped producing the EN version of those after Feb. 5.  Maybe it's part of the minister's anti-farang tirade campaign.

Here's the latest TH report recap as of the end of Feb. 7. The upshot was:

--25 confirmed CV cases as of yesterday, updated today with 7 more for a total of 32.

--39 new cases yesterday of PUI - Patients Under Investigation (symptoms, but not confirmed CV)

--375 total PUI hospitalized as of yest., 357 in hospitals and 18 in isolation units.

--Of the original 25 confirmed cases, 10 had been released up thru yesterday. 

Via Google Translate:

41138566_2020-02-0817_43_40.jpg.f05b542b686b7a075e5505d18f58bf12.jpg

114306357_2020-02-0817_43_02.jpg.c70fcc3581aea667f15a7af4144218f7.jpg

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/file/situation/situation-no35-070263.pdf

The Thai Dept. of Disease Control has continued to update their daily situation report in TH language, with the latest being through yest. Feb. 8 at this point. (They have NOT posted a Feb. 8 day-end report in EN as yet):

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/file/situation/situation-no36-080263_1.pdf

--32 confirmed CV cases total through yesterday, 10 of whom had already been released.

--25 new cases yesterday of PUI - Patients Under Investigation (symptoms, but not confirmed CV)

--395 total PUI hospitalized as of yest., 376 in hospitals and 19 in isolation units.

--Of the now 679 PUI since the beginning, 284 have already been released home.

Via Google Translate:

3.2 Results of screening for patients with the symptoms according to the disease surveillance definition, February 8, 2020, at 7:00 pm, there were an increase of 25 patients with the symptoms by the definition of the disease surveillance. Definition of cumulative disease surveillance 679 as detailed in Table 2.

1585141244_2020-02-0917_10_49.jpg.fbcfb9ca5172d97c3375508232bd7644.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

2 hours ago, smutcakes said:

Well unless its changed in the past day or so the WHO advised against countries closing borders.... they said it would just lead to people trying to get in unoffically.

Its strange the Health Minister gets pummelled for handing out masks with people quoting the WHO as sayinh they are largely uneffective.

The health minister does not close the boarders as per WHO advise and he is slated for it as well.

What is he supposed to do...

We should remember that a cabinet minister (in virtually any country) does not unilaterally set the policies he is asked to advance.  So the question really is:  What should the "government" do?

Edited by LarryLEB
brevity

21 minutes ago, NeoDinosaw said:

Can we know where these people were when they were identified with the virus ?

I guess this information is hidden so that it does not cause 'panic'

I'm not sure we know all the details of this... But these are my understandings:

--I think most of the 32 confirmed cases thus far (22 still in hospitals and 10 already released) have been treated at hospitals in and around Bangkok. I think the largest share of that group has been Chinese tourists, followed by Thais who came in contact with Chinese tourists, and at least one Thai who was on last week's evacuation flight from Wuhan.

--But of the broader group of suspected/possible cases (395 still hospitalized and 284 already released home), those have been in hospitals in cities all throughout Thailand.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

1 hour ago, tomauasia said:

Prayut won't be happy until half the population are dead..All Chinese should be deported immediately on 1 plane just for them

Stop all Chinese entering ban them 

Not your country. You have no say. Save bandwidth for more intelligent posters. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUSSIEMAX said:

The Tourism  Minister said everyone who would not ware a mask should be booted out of the country the masks he was handing out are as useless as an ashtray on a Motorbike.

If this Minister and the Government had closed the border to China many of the 72 infected persons may not have contracted he Virus.

however MONEY IS MORE IMPORTANT than the Thai PEOPLE including Children. 

The Minister for Tourism and Minister for security of the country "if BRAINS WERE DYNAMITE THEY WOULD NOT BLOW THEIR EARS OFF".

Should you be talking about brains when you can’t count and spell correctly?

• Haha 1

The top 5 non-China affected countries are Singapore, Thailand, Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea.

Wait a min, Hong Kong should be counted as part of China. So that would mean Taiwan is included now.

I'm sure certain countries like USA would be glad to ban more countries judging by the paranoia of some forummers here.

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, Garbol56 said:

Unfortunately this is just the tip of the iceberg, Thailand's reluctance to contain the virus means that by the end of February this will become very much worse. I fear it will devastate Thailand. 

get a grip