Corona Virus affecting the bar scene.

jimn

10 hours ago, Guderian said:

I just did some shopping in the local market on Thepprasit Soi 8  and not a single person was wearing a mask, and it's a Thai market so there are very few farangs around there.

Hold on, maybe that's it - the Thais have taken on board the Tourism Minister's hostile remarks about farangs and only feel safe now when there's none around!

Or they are afraid that if they wear a mask, they may be mistaken for a farang and face dangers

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, elliss said:

Bar fines ,  should include VAT,     Virus Added Tax .

You know it makes sense ...

Maybe not Virus but as some of the places get institutionalized i would not be surprised to see something called entertainment tax start showing up that might fall under the current VAT system

6 minutes ago, jimn said:

I hope this virus gets sorted out soon, because at the moment its a nightmare to pick out a cutie. I plan to visit LK Metro soon to see what its like there, I will update for you guys who are worried about coming soon. Cheers.

If this virus gets sorted out soon there are still others left especially in the bar scene. And even TBC seems to be a problem. Just was reading that a 75 year old German shot himself in the head here in Pattaya obviously because of this. I myself got Dengue here in Pattaya and was bitten by a stray dog already. But if I believe the statistics I should have died here long time ago already when crossing the road. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Beggar said:

If this virus gets sorted out soon there are still others left especially in the bar scene. And even TBC seems to be a problem. Just was reading that a 75 year old German shot himself in the head here in Pattaya obviously because of this. I myself got Dengue here in Pattaya and was bitten by a stray dog already. But if I believe the statistics I should have died here long time ago already when crossing the road. 

What's TBC?

"TBC Bank is a Georgian bank headquartered in Tbilisi, Georgia."

Edited by BritManToo