BANGKOK
jimn

Corona Virus affecting the bar scene.

26 minutes ago, jimn said:

Because I have spoken, thats why my friend.

Speak louder.  I can't hear you.  🙂

******Message from the OP************

OK guys I started this topic as a response to the people who posted on here worrying themselves sick about the virus and one even cancelling his flight from the US after paying 1,000 dollars. I simply cannot believe the hysteria and totally unfounded worries that some people have about coming over here. If you follow basic hygene and follow common sense it will be ok.

I have been semi resident in Pattaya since 2013 and yes the bar scene has changed and the bars/ gogo's are not as busy. However when I go out either alone or with my Thai wife we still have a good time and sometimes being in a bar that is not to crowed is better. 

Anyway I started a thread as a bit of a joke, I fully expected the mods to close it down on the first page but no it continued and even appeared in the newsletter. Most people got the wind up immediately some 

People 

@fhickson@bkk6060@sanemax@scubascuba3 did not. @Chivas got a bit personal but thats his problem. But the person that persuaded me to continue was

@DannyCarlton . Now this man really must have had a sense of humour bypass. His constant put downs encouraged me to continue. Thanks a lot for a great laugh Danny. If I bump into you I will buy you a beer. Not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, KenKadz said:

"Corona Virus affecting the bar scene"

Did YOU ask for a "Corona" beer?

some coronas and limes sounds good right about now. throw in some street tacos.

18 minutes ago, jimn said:

******Message from the OP************

OK guys I started this topic as a response to the people who posted on here worrying themselves sick about the virus and one even cancelling his flight from the US after paying 1,000 dollars. I simply cannot believe the hysteria and totally unfounded worries that some people have about coming over here. If you follow basic hygene and follow common sense it will be ok.

I have been semi resident in Pattaya since 2013 and yes the bar scene has changed and the bars/ gogo's are not as busy. However when I go out either alone or with my Thai wife we still have a good time and sometimes being in a bar that is not to crowed is better. 

Anyway I started a thread as a bit of a joke, I fully expected the mods to close it down on the first page but no it continued and even appeared in the newsletter. Most people got the wind up immediately some 

People 

@fhickson@bkk6060@sanemax@scubascuba3 did not. @Chivas got a bit personal but thats his problem. But the person that persuaded me to continue was

@DannyCarlton . Now this man really must have had a sense of humour bypass. His constant put downs encouraged me to continue. Thanks a lot for a great laugh Danny. If I bump into you I will buy you a beer. Not.

where i am asians out in masks, except many westerners.

maybe they are told to not wear them in gogos but they seem to be on in the street.

so its not an obvious wind up.

On 2/9/2020 at 12:26 PM, jimn said:

Veil agogo, Camouflage agogo and Cover Up agogo. Just because you havn't seen them Danny it doesn't mean that I am wrong. As I say, just trying to help people on here 

Why are you talking such b S. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, murraynz said:

Why are you talking such b S. 

A joke apparently. See post #107.

14 hours ago, murraynz said:

I was furious when a mongrel sat next to me and started vaping.must bars won't allow it.... I didn't say anything. He was large muscular man. There were no spare seats for me to move to.. 

Would you have felt the same about regular smoking? 

You were dead lucky, because they’ve all got breath like a Rhino’s fart.

8 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

Unbelievable that they were going to allow a Cruise Ship to dock in Laem Chabang.

They are not.

8 minutes ago, petermik said:

They are not.

1 hour ago, TaaSaparot said:

they were

:coffee1:

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I really wish I hadn't wasted my time reading this thread.  

Tell me about it. You blokes with your stupid throw away one liners, which you obviously perceive to be funny just fills my inbox with notifications everytime I subscribe to a thread. And thats 98% of whats in this post

22 hours ago, petermik said:

They are not.

Then their must not be any Chinese on board otherwise they would allow it .