Shooting in Terminal 21 Korat.

Brewster67

I am getting reports of a mass shooting in the Terminal 21 shopping mall in Korat City Centre.

Up to now there are 10 dead and the killer /s  have escaped into town.

I am hearing also that they started a fire in the mall.

I am trying to get in touch with my wife at the moment who is always in there shopping with my 16 month old son. Anyone hear any more details>?

RIP to those who have lost their lives, I hope my wife answers her phone soon, i am pulling my hair out here.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, cmsally said:

I found this in Thai, it was outside the mall:

https://www.sanook.com/news/8028682/

will try to do brief translation

translation From Google (chrome)

"(8 Feb 63)  Korat Next Step Facebook posted a situation report saying "# urgent news # chasing the middle man shot Korat city warning !! As a result of chase after shooting # Villains using weapons of war #Circuit Terminal 21, Korat, warns of the criminal using firearms to fire people Initially, 2 people were killed and injured in the Central Pho Central District and continued to cause incidents in the city / Hua Thale police area and people injured. "

Found that The scene of the crime, using firearms to chase firearms and to chase villagers. Initially, there were deaths and injuries. The incident occurred in the Pho Klang police station and continued to occur in Hua Thale. Before driving away into Terminal 21 in Korat downtown At the moment, the authorities are besieging.

Preliminary investigation revealed that the culprit was a military corporal. Used firearms to kill 2 dead in a broken road village Nakhon Ratchasima City Center And many more people injured Before driving, Hummi used the HK gun to fire the villagers madly."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It says at first he shot 2 other soldiers dead. Then it says he shot one person and injured a policeman. Presumably 3 dead? But not many facts. On Facebook it shows people taking cover in closed shops inside the building. He seems to be somewhere in Terminal 21 and started a fire also.

Just announced "closing the area" within a 2km radius of Terminal 21. Asking everyone in that area to remain indoors.

Notice from police and govt. officials.

The post I just translated about closing the area seems to have disappeared so maybe some confusion.

• Thanks 2

Shocked when I read the first line of this post as my girlfriend was going to Terminal 21 today. Called her immediately and she's fine.  Same cannot be said for one of her Nephew's friends - young kid around 14 years old, dead. Her mate works in Terminal 21 and is not answering her phone - worrying.

GF says the situation is still live and there are 20 dead so far. However, she is no longer in the city so I think her information is coming from Thai TV.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Brigand said:

My Mrs says he's posting on Facebook whilst he's doing this ... an example of it is a post about him saying his trigger finger is getting tired. Geez man ... not good.

Mrs MoneyBaht reports the same.... he's streaming live on Facebook... now reports 14 dead and many wounded.

I am getting reports that between 15 and 20 dead, my wife and our 16 month old son had left Terminal about an hour before it all kicked off... My wife's cousin is trapped inside hiding with a security guard and a few others. he is a soldier who apparently first shot and killed is commanding officer and two others, and the police chased him down to the terminal 21 shopping mall, where he basically just shot the place up... he is still active in there and is regularly live streaming on his facebook.

• Like 1