They are back

Jajazazajaja

4 hours ago, Jajazazajaja said:

My point is the police put a stop to the African dealers around lower Suk about 12 months ago? And now it seems they are back.

this Is about drug dealers operating in broad daylight, not black people enjoying a Sunday stroll 

How completely prejudiced of you to assume (quite wrongly) that all black people who happen to be around the streets of Sukhumvit must be drug dealers? Do you have any idea how ridiculous (and bigoted) you sound? How about if Thais saw you hanging around on Sukhumvit and assumed you're a white pervert looking for little kids to molest?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 4

18 hours ago, madmen said:

unless you have some amazing contact within the police force which you don't 

Good that you 'know' exactly what my contacts are, or are not in Thailand, little man, however needless to say, they exceed yours by some distance. Even those with a basic ability in the vernacular, coupled with a little cultural understanding can find themselves earning the trust, dare I say it, even the respect of all manner of people in Thailand.

As stated, being a long-term 'regular' in that area, I am a 'familiar face', on good terms with a lot of people in Lower Suk, from one or two members of the police, local moto boys, bar owners, stall holders,  from time to time I'll stop and 'shoot the breeze' with them. It's incredible what you may learn. If you can't garner a little information from that lot, then what can you do? 

I advise you to try it instead of making wild swats at the better connected and clearly far, far more knowledgeable from behind your keyboard.

Common sense dictates the bib are not going to discuss corruption Tactics with a farang. 

You get that right? 

So you are claiming to possess some 'knowledge' of what a certain policeman may or may not discuss with a 'farang'? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, IvorLott said:

Good that you 'know' exactly what my contacts are, or are not in Thailand, little man, however needless to say, they exceed yours by some distance. Even those with a basic ability in the vernacular, coupled with a little cultural understanding can find themselves earning the trust, dare I say it, even the respect of all manner of people in Thailand.

As stated, being a long-term 'regular' in that area, I am a 'familiar face', on good terms with a lot of people in Lower Suk, from one or two members of the police, local moto boys, bar owners, stall holders,  from time to time I'll stop and 'shoot the breeze' with them. It's incredible what you may learn. If you can't garner a little information from that lot, then what can you do? 

I advise you to try it instead of making wild swats at the better connected and clearly far, far more knowledgeable from behind your keyboard.

So you are claiming to possess some 'knowledge' of what a certain policeman may or may not discuss with a 'farang'? 

errrmmm ok nice to know the cops have taken a shining to you and a deep desire to explain to a white boy how corruption works

And you call me a little man, Im not the one creaming my jeans dreaming about a bib connection, that would be you ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, bwpage3 said:

Bangkok is a super huge city and this type of behavior exists in super huge cities all over the world, not unique to Bangkok.

It isn't a "super huge city" in any way whatsoever. Bangkok has a population of only 8.3 million, London has 8.9 million, and there are over 50 cities in China with a population larger than Bangkok. Bangkok just seems huge because it's so badly designed and organized and so difficult to get around. Third World cities always seem much bigger than developed ones, even when they're not.

• Confused 1