They are back

Jajazazajaja

34 minutes ago, Thainess said:

It isn't a "super huge city" in any way whatsoever. Bangkok has a population of only 8.3 million, London has 8.9 million, and there are over 50 cities in China with a population larger than Bangkok. Bangkok just seems huge because it's so badly designed and organized and so difficult to get around. Third World cities always seem much bigger than developed ones, even when they're not.

image.png.5b3179fa7931ef062add445bb77005f8.png

https://www.citypopulation.de/php/thailand-prov-admin.php?adm1id=B

3 hours ago, Thainess said:

It isn't a "super huge city" in any way whatsoever. Bangkok has a population of only 8.3 million, London has 8.9 million, and there are over 50 cities in China with a population larger than Bangkok. Bangkok just seems huge because it's so badly designed and organized and so difficult to get around. Third World cities always seem much bigger than developed ones, even when they're not.

Bangkok is the 36th largest city in the world by population

https://www.baruch.cuny.edu/nycdata/world_cities/largest_cities-world.htm

On 2/13/2020 at 4:57 PM, Sal Boto said:

Africans are not discriminated because of their skin color its their anti social behavoir.

Same with Bin Laden Types......its their behavoir thats worrisome.

But I bet most of them know how to write (and speak) English better than you can.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2020 at 5:01 PM, Jajazazajaja said:

oh dear oh dear, you just keep digging holes for yourself.

do you have any idea how stupid you sound?

when did I say all black people in the area were dealers?

the ones who approached me saying they have coke for sale probably are tho, yeah?

Coke? They probably meant fizzy drinks. But you, being a drug user, obviously misinterpreted it as illegal narcotics. No matter how much you protest, your r@$ism in starting this topic remains as clear as crystal. You sound like one of those typical guys who say "I'm not a r@$ist but..." 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Thainess said:

Coke? They probably meant fizzy drinks. But you, being a drug user, obviously misinterpreted it as illegal narcotics. No matter how much you protest, your r@$ism in starting this topic remains as clear as crystal. You sound like one of those typical guys who say "I'm not a r@$ist but..." 

haha now I know you are trolling ???? Looky Looky Africans selling Coke and Fanta special offers to undercut 7/11 and soi 4 mcdonalds!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

> Bangkok is a super huge city and this type of behaviour exists in super huge cities all over the world, not unique to Bangkok.

No it does not

If these fine gentlemen tried this in Poland, Korea or Japan, they would not last 5 minutes. They'd be rounded up, imprisoned, then thrown out.

I have seen this myself, first hand.
They don't mess around.

On 2/11/2020 at 5:58 PM, IvorLott said:

As stated, being a long-term 'regular' in that area, I am a 'familiar face', on good terms with a lot of people in Lower Suk, from one or two members of the police, local moto boys, bar owners, stall holders,  from time to time I'll stop and 'shoot the breeze' with them. It's incredible what you may learn. If you can't garner a little information from that lot, then what can you do? 

When Im in a neighborhood regularly, I do the same. Amazing what you find out. Especially when you are jolly like me.

On 2/12/2020 at 5:34 PM, Thainess said:

Bangkok just seems huge because it's so badly designed and organized and so difficult to get around.

Interesting. You're quick to label others as racist, but here you are saying that Thais cannot properly design a city. Sounds like it doesn't meet up to your expectations, so you think making negative comments is appropriate. Please share your prejudiced opinions about why Thais are such poor designers.

On 2/10/2020 at 9:45 PM, Jajazazajaja said:

My point is the police put a stop to the African dealers around lower Suk about 12 months ago? And now it seems they are back.

this Is about drug dealers operating in broad daylight, not black people enjoying a Sunday stroll 

From somebody who lives a 2 minute walk from Nana BTS and the Nigerians I can 100 % confirm they never left and as always dealing in front of the 7/11 next to the Sofitel 

They are getting harrased BIG TIME but they do not carry drugs on their person obviously and have valid visas so not much the bib can legally do. If thaksin was here they would be fertilizing soil in the jungle some where already 

• Like 2

On 2/9/2020 at 11:20 PM, Why Me said:

Yep, miss them too. Used to leave the apartment at midnight, head down to lower Suk, sit at an alcocart, talk to random strangers, down a couple of beers, and head back home. Those were the days.

Still plenty of them around particularly in the side sois off lower Suk.

On 2/11/2020 at 5:28 PM, IvorLott said:

Good that you 'know' exactly what my contacts are, or are not in Thailand, little man, however needless to say, they exceed yours by some distance. Even those with a basic ability in the vernacular, coupled with a little cultural understanding can find themselves earning the trust, dare I say it, even the respect of all manner of people in Thailand.

As stated, being a long-term 'regular' in that area, I am a 'familiar face', on good terms with a lot of people in Lower Suk, from one or two members of the police, local moto boys, bar owners, stall holders,  from time to time I'll stop and 'shoot the breeze' with them. It's incredible what you may learn. If you can't garner a little information from that lot, then what can you do? 

I advise you to try it instead of making wild swats at the better connected and clearly far, far more knowledgeable from behind your keyboard.

So you are claiming to possess some 'knowledge' of what a certain policeman may or may not discuss with a 'farang'? 

Can you tell me exactly where all the drug dealers hang out? I regularly walk from Nana to Cowboy via the beergarden in soi 7 and Thermae at all hours of the night and the only dark skinned people I ever see of any concern are Indians trying to sell watches around the Asoke intersection. I find the pimping part very hard to believe.

Often see a smattering of African ladies but not in large quantities, usually only two or three together. Don't recall ever being offered drugs. I always walk on the odd numbered soi side of Suk unless going to soi 6 or 8, which I don't do very often as it is quicker to walk down soi 4 and cut across to soi 6 that way.

I should add I've never been pee tested or had any interactions with the police at all.