Dentist recommendations in BKK?

JCP108

Just a general advice: If you don't want to pay lots of money then avoid the big hospitals.

Many doctors work a few days a week in a hospital and a few days in their own clinic.

Recently I visited my dentist who used to work in one of those big well known hospitals. I visited her in her private clinic and I asked her about that. She said she stopped working there because they charge crazy amounts. According to her for cleaning teeth the hospital charged 3500B from which she received 20% = 700B. In her own clinic she charges 1500B, 1/3 of the hospital.

It depends on you how local you want to go because in big hospitals you have mostly staff who speaks better English. Up to you how much you care about that.

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

big hospitals you have mostly staff who speaks better English.

And actually have/use the autoclave for disinfecting equipment.

According to her for cleaning teeth the hospital charged 3500B

Have never paid near that price at large hospital dental clinic and require scaling as well as normal cleaning.  

In her own clinic she charges 1500B, 1/3 of the hospital.

That would make hospital cost 4,500 baht?

2 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

And actually have/use the autoclave for disinfecting equipment.

Have never paid near that price at large hospital dental clinic and require scaling as well as normal cleaning.  

That would make hospital cost 4,500 baht?

Ok, my 3500 4500B "calculation" was wrong - I shouldn't write comments in the middle of the night...

But the prices which she told me are correct. I also wouldn't want to pay 3500B for cleaning. But these days some hospital entrances look better than 5 star hotels - including all those pretty nurses. Someone has to pay for that...