BANGKOK
murikamba

How do you know if two Passports are Linked

I'm an Korean American and I have both the passports. I entered Thailand using my Korean passport and got 90-day permission to stay (brand new passport with the first Thailand stamp). Then I left for Seoul for a week and entered again using my US passport for 30-day "Permission to stay" (heavily used with a 10-year India visa sticker and entry in to Israel and other European countries but first Thai entry) . I left for Singapore and then entered again using my Korean passport for another 90-day (second entry stamp in the passport). It was in BKK airport. Not sure if they have linked my passport or not but they did not say anything. I'd continue like this for my one year stay in Thailand. My question is how do I know if they have linked my passport or not?

Edited by murikamba

2 minutes ago, murikamba said:

I'd continue like this for my one year stay in Thailand.

Good luck.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

"Use of the foreign passport to travel to or from a country other than the United States is not inconsistent with U.S. law" The OP is doing wrong as far as the US is concerned. Unless the OP is a Korean American woman the only risk is being Shanghaied into the Korean Army there but he would know that. 

I should worry about the biometric foto on the passports, won't you be recognised? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, cooked said:

I should worry about the biometric foto on the passports, won't you be recognised? 

... and of course the fingerprints

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, tifino said:

I'd be more concerned to ascertain what risks you might face; in being able to keep you US Passport

. Even the last paragraph...

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/travel-legal-considerations/Advice-about-Possible-Loss-of-US-Nationality-Dual-Nationality/Dual-Nationality.html

it might come down to you being assessed, a good character assessment 

I am a born American. No one can take away US citizenship of an American by birth unless involved in a terrorist act while holding dual citizenship. Of course US State department does not like it and their embassies don't provide services if you enter a country without using a US passport. I am aware of this fact. How many US citizens entering Thailand wiht US passport avail embassy services in Thailand?

25 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

Shanghaied into the Korean Army there but he would know that.

Yes, I know that. I got my Korean passport after I reached 35. So, no problem in that respect also.

Edited by murikamba

14 minutes ago, cooked said:

I am not worried about anything unlike farangs who are worried about trivial thing like TM30. If they link it, are they going to tell me or not?

1 minute ago, murikamba said:

I am not worried about anything unlike farangs who are worried about trivial thing like TM30. If they link it, are they going to tell me or not?

So I'm a stupid Farang, sorry I wasted my time on you. Actually I also have two passports and have thought about this. Welcome to my ignore list.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, murikamba said:
38 minutes ago, tifino said:

I'd be more concerned to ascertain what risks you might face; in being able to keep you US Passport

. Even the last paragraph...

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/travel-legal-considerations/Advice-about-Possible-Loss-of-US-Nationality-Dual-Nationality/Dual-Nationality.html

it might come down to you being assessed, a good character assessment 

I am a born American. No one can take away US citizenship of an American by birth unless involved in a terrorist act while holding dual citizenship. Of course US State department does not like it and their embassies don't provide services if you enter a country without using a US passport. I am aware of this fact.

ah okay! now clear as to where you were born... until now;  there was the smudge regarding between being Citizen, and someone Nationalised 

Just now, VocalNeal said:

The only problem I can see is that you are using two different travel documents to circumvent Thai immigration rules or procedures.

What rules and procedures? Can you be more specific?

1 minute ago, sanmyintmaung said:
51 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

"Use of the foreign passport to travel to or from a country other than the United States is not inconsistent with U.S. law" The OP is doing wrong as far as the US is concerned. Unless the OP is a Korean American woman the only risk is being Shanghaied into the Korean Army there but he would know that. 

The above quote can be simplified to get rid of the double negative : "Not inconsistent"

"Use of the foreign passport to travel to or from a country other than the United States is consistent with U.S. law"

yes but the original shown (non inconsistent) term, comes from a US Law documentation, as is 

at the bottom paragraph for emphasis