Bringing a spouse on a non b & work permit.

Hi,

Recently, my bf got denied entry through the Suvarnabhumi airport on a non ED visa for Thai language. The experience was a nightmare due to the going back on same flight thing & now we don't wanna take a risk again. I'm an English teacher here with a non-b & work permit so we're considering the non-O option. I wasn't able to find proper information on the internet about the documents needed to do this.

Is a bank statement needed? If so, what's the minimum balance needed? Is there a time frame that I need to complete for having a work permit in order for me to be able to bring in a dependent? Does my school need to write a letter regarding this?

Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Syalie said:

Is there a time frame that I need to complete for having a work permit in order for me to be able to bring in a dependent?

Do the Thais regard a "boyfriend" among the classes of dependents for visas now? I thought only legally recognised relationships count

24 minutes ago, ThaiBunny said:

Do the Thais regard a "boyfriend" among the classes of dependents for visas now? I thought only legally recognised relationships count

I forgot to mention we'll be marrying in order to do this. My bad.

The visa is issued based on relationship, not dependency.

Usually the embassy or consulate that issue the Non O to the spouse just require proof of relationship (marriage certificate) and a copy of your visa and permit to stay (stamp).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Syalie said:

Is a bank statement needed? If so, what's the minimum balance needed? Is there a time frame that I need to complete for having a work permit in order for me to be able to bring in a dependent? Does my school need to write a letter regarding this?

No need for financial proof for your soon to be husband to apply for an extension being a member of your family.

There is not requirement for have your extension any amount to time or any amount of time remaining on it. His extension will be issued to date yours ends.

You school will need to prove your are working for a school that is registered.

He will first need a non-o visa to apply for the extension of stay. Requirement for get it at immigration is here.

https://division1.immigration.go.th/download/1551323249734.pdf

Requirements for the extension is here. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_20

• Like 1