Free rental house in chiangmai

t Ban

Hi, I'm planning for a long trip around world with my wife and the problem is we have a house in Samoeng chiangmai area with pets ( koifish and a cat ) and looking for someone who can look after my pets by living in the house for free say up to 5 years.

Anyone who loves city life this house isn't for you but who loves the nature will be ok, the house is in the middle of nowhere in the mountains.

we have a plentyful of fruits all around year in our garden if anyone, preferably with family ( at the least a couple ) interested please let me know/

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Liverpudlian said:

WHAT AN OFFER !! is there a local village with food market  and is there a motor bike available ?

If you safe the rent, don´t you think you should be able to buy or rent a motorcycle? Or if you don´t mean for "for free", I am sure in many shops and rentals are motorcycles available. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

I would do this in a heartbeat had I not just renewed a 1 year lease on the place I am currently renting. I love the outdoors, cats, and fresh fruits as well as gardening.

Free rent for 5 yrs !! If you were really keen it would be worth losing your current deposit for surely....

Get in there, the koi need you....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, frequentatore said:

and free toilet paper?

No buddy, there no free toilet paper or anything except the house with three bedrooms and all funitures and the kitchen utensils.

Yes, I do realise that some cynical people around because, some of them are sitting on a couch all day watching too much TV or movies and plus a couple of drinks every now and then that screws you something between your eyes.

This is a real thing  I'm not quite sure that it is ok to leave my email address here but just in case it is ok it's [email protected]

please let me know if you are a good and real (?) person who isn't gonna hurt me 

19 hours ago, Liverpudlian said:

WHAT AN OFFER !! is there a local village with food market  and is there a motor bike available ?

I'm sorry to say that There's no food market as you call it but some ordinary local shops around.

As I said in the post it's in the middle of nowhere if it makes sense to you ???

31 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

Any pixs?  I honestly thought you would add pixs to the original post.......it's not to late to edit!

I'll give all the details such as pixs, my contact numbers and how to get here only on a genuine takers.

At the end of day, you have to come here physically to find out how you gonna like it or not.

Thinking about leaving Thailand around the end of April or early May.

Thing is I just don't want to be hassled by this thing all the way through the day I leave, I need a genuine guys only.

2 hours ago, dingdongrb said:

No silly willy you, that is the amount of my 1 yr contract that is left. I paid as many normally pay, deposit and first months rent.

Yes, so if you break your lease and leave early, you lose your deposit.  That's it.  You don't keep paying 25K for another 11 months hence there is no reason for someone to "buy out" the rest of your contract.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheAppletons said:

Yes, so if you break your lease and leave early, you lose your deposit.  That's it.  You don't keep paying 25K for another 11 months hence there is no reason for someone to "buy out" the rest of your contract.  

Exactly my point and then 5yrs free rent :)

2 hours ago, TheAppletons said:

Not sure where you come from or how the Thai law works but where I come from a person can take you to court and make you uphold your contract. So if a person signs a 1 yr contract they are obligated for the entire year regardless whether or not they stay living there. All written contracts are binding in a court of law and the only way to get out of it is for both parties to agree....or death.... and then in some cases death won't let you out of it, as they could seek damages from your heirs. 

47 minutes ago, dingdongrb said:

Not sure where you come from or how the Thai law works but where I come from a person can take you to court and make you uphold your contract. So if a person signs a 1 yr contract they are obligated for the entire year regardless whether or not they stay living there. All written contracts are binding in a court of law and the only way to get out of it is for both parties to agree....or death.... and then in some cases death won't let you out of it, as they could seek damages from your heirs. 

If you want to leave here in Thailand, you leave and forfeit your deposit only.

I've had Thai tenants leaving after a couple months, and expecting their deposits back :) They get upset when you point out that they signed a contract !!!

1 hour ago, dingdongrb said:

a.  Read your contract.  If it's like any Thai lease I've ever signed, it says you forfeit your deposit if you move out early.  People all over the world break leases.  They lose the security deposit when they do so.  

b.  You're in Thailand.  The odds of your landlord trying to track you down, paying the police to charge you, and hiring an attorney to attempt to prosecute you in a months long ordeal is virtually nil.  

Edited by TheAppletons
Formatting
  • Like 1

I suspect the Op is genuine with this offer, as I've been to Samoeng a couple of times in the late 90's (it is really just an area in a valley) and although quaint, there is very little of interest to speak of although it does have a hospital. Back then I met a BG who invited me to see the 'house' her last BF had paid for there. It was a simple block house with power (when it worked) and outside toilet on a dirt Soi. No running water (used the creek over the road). It is quite remote and is really dirt-bike country, or even a small 4WD. Apart from the main road, it used to be all dirt tracks back then. Usual small shacks selling booze, cigs, shampoo etc and not much else, except that December/January the area is the strawberry capital of LOS. Never saw another foreigner away from the tarmac. I had the same problem with a house in a remote area north of Chiang Dao with an ex GF. Couldn't even rent it out for 1k baht a month. We ended up just abandoning it. I would suggest that anyone considering this offer should have some command of either Thai or better still, northern Thai.

I was just up in Samoeng and Mae Sap and Om Long area. If that is where it is at then it is remote and many mountain folk. Yeah, if you don't speak Thai it might be daunting. If nearer to Samoeng then that is not so bad. Samoeng itself has a couple of restaurants and an ok coffee shop. But you need to detach yourself from the big city style as that of CM as that would maybe a weekly trip.

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

N00b, no photos, hotmail account.

Chances of this not being a scam of some sort ............ minimal.

Needs a mod to get the full details and confirm it's not a scam before anyone would waste their time.

we are living in a cynical world sadly, No photo with just hotmail acc. makes you think that as a scam does it ?

I can only say " what kind of the world you living on "  I can back it up to you and prove that it is genuine offer as long as you can come to my place and see with your own doubful eyes, I can bet on any amount money or anything you want to.

I can even pick you up from Chiang mai city ( more than likely you think that as a kidnapping in you twisted minds but it truely is a real thing) and bring you to my place ( takes an hour and half to get there by the way ) as long as you are willing to stay one night in my place ( I just don't want to drive 6 hours in a day, back and forth twice a day )

anyone takes offer to bet on?

Bring it on anytime

• Like 2